Hewlett-Packard

Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2014.

Very easy interview and very shallow questions. Interviewer could have been a little sharper and more prepared. The panel was very disorganized and took 15 minutes just to get everyone prepared and ready to go.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2014.

3 step interview process. 2 phone interviews and 1 in office interview. In office interview lasted just over 3 hours and was an absolute pleasure. Everyone I spoke with was extremely pleasant, which made the interviews go by fast. Everyone had an discussion approach to the interview, so it felt like having a conversion with a colleague.

Interview Questions
    • If our service crashes for our client, how do you handle that situation?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Just a typical type of interview. Not panel.

Interview Questions
    • They did ask technical questions so be prepared to review their product line in a little more depth.   Answer Question
    typical

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2010.

I applied on line and had an internal employee float my resume directly to the hiring manager and recruiting manager. After an initial screening with Hr I started a series of 5 phone interviews with management. Once that was completed I was given an offer by the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

Was contacted about the job from an employee. Was recomended for a senior role in the outsourcing former EDS division. Was not offered the job but was recommened for another job on the Public sector sales side of HP and was not offered that job.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want this job when you have had more senior roles in the past?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2009.

Several Interviews, explained the EDS Way, told about dress code, no drinking at lunch hour, the interviewers were less experienced so the answers to most questions were accepted at face value. Interviewers seemed more interested in the company I left.

Interview Questions
    • The statements about giving all, not clock watching, what to wear, etc. were all unexpected as most of the comments were just common sense for a management position. But the interviewers were at pains to explain that image was made EDS different. They were also interested in how many existing customers I could bring with me. Poach in other words. Wouldn't do this.   View Answer
    I told them what I wanted, they agreed. Should have asked for more, but as it was, I did ask for a big increase. Of course, word on the street is that you wont see an increase for many years, or a bonus, so I made sure to include these in my demands. I am only at EDS for the money, so in a year or two, if they don't deliver, I will leave.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2009.

Straight forward process, telephone interview and two face to face interviews.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2009.

A number of interviews with HR, line managers and peers

Interview Questions
    • The line of questioning was very standard/generic IT interview questions   Answer Question
    The package was inline with the advertised position so there was no negotiation

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

I was the principal candidate under consideration. I had worked closely with the hiring manager during my time with an HP partner so we already knew each other well. Second interview was with a local manager who I would have a dotted line relationship with.

My references were checked and interviewed for a substantial amount of time.

Interview Questions
    Advice: Get what you want right away. Once you're in, you will ind out that there is usually 0 budget for raises.

Account Manager Interview

background work in finding out what dept you are applying to and if you have friends working in the dept. Interviews are usually more of a formality rather than a real interview. The issue is usually on price.

Interview Questions

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!