Hewlett-Packard

Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2010.

Applied online after which had 3 separate interviews

1. HR and standard background checks and motivations for the application
2. Hiring Managers panel interview, in depth work experience and background questions
3. Last Minute Presentation Request with Panel interview.

Package received was the agreed structure, HR tried to negotiate lower but with Hiring managers support eventually got the deal I wanted.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2009.

I eventually was hired after working there before and terminated due to recession. One manager did not want me back. His manager above him hired anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here again?   View Answer
    • Would you relocate from here to another HP office?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2008.

Tough to get noticed by the automated application processor, some managers seemed to have highly coveted positions as they often do not respond quickly. The initial screen process provides feedback of the application quickly, but an actual person is slow to respond to your posting. Best to have your resume walked to a manager if you want to be seen.

Interview Questions
    • What accounts can you bring to the table and please share your formula / process to open a competitors account and dislodge your competition products without getting into a bidding war.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2009.

A number of interviews with HR, line managers and peers

Interview Questions
    • The line of questioning was very standard/generic IT interview questions   Answer Question
    The package was inline with the advertised position so there was no negotiation

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2009.

Straight forward process, telephone interview and two face to face interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Just a typical type of interview. Not panel.

Interview Questions
    • They did ask technical questions so be prepared to review their product line in a little more depth.   Answer Question
    typical

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2011.

I decided to apply for a Pre-Sales job post I have seen on the company web page. As I was acquainted with one of the local HR managers in the company, I decided to send her a message from LinkedIn. She responded immediately, asking me to apply directly from the official company site and send my resume to herself and another local HR manager.
    A week later, I received a call from the HR to arrange for an interview with HP Procurve regional manager, yet not about the position I applied for, but for a more sales oriented one. I agreed to meet anyway, since even if I was displeased about the position offer and decided not to move on, it is always good to add someone to your network. We set the interview date a week later, in HP Headquarters. The interview went very positive. The country manager was the only person present in the interview. We discussed the offered position's responsibilities, what chances it offers, how my career has developed, how I can contribute to HP Procurve's targets, and son on. Finally, the country manager suggested that I take a few days' time to decide on whether I would like to move to a direct sales position and inform him accordingly.
    After 3-4 days, I called him back and told that I was reluctant to move to a direct sales position.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work well under pressure of a quarterly quota?   View Answer

Although, I had applied for a more technical position, the interview was about an account manager position. After the first meeting and careful rethinking, I decided I didn't want to move to a direct sales related position at that moment. So I decided not to waste any more of my time and the interviewer's time. Hence, I informed the country manager and company HR of my decision. We thanked each other at the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

Was contacted about the job from an employee. Was recomended for a senior role in the outsourcing former EDS division. Was not offered the job but was recommened for another job on the Public sector sales side of HP and was not offered that job.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want this job when you have had more senior roles in the past?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2008.

Initial shortlisting followed by 1 on 1

pay was less

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2010.

I applied on line and had an internal employee float my resume directly to the hiring manager and recruiting manager. After an initial screening with Hr I started a series of 5 phone interviews with management. Once that was completed I was given an offer by the hiring manager.