Hewlett-Packard

14 interviews

3.1

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Istanbul (Turkey)
Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2011.

I decided to apply for a Pre-Sales job post I have seen on the company web page. As I was acquainted with one of the local HR managers in the company, I decided to send her a message from LinkedIn. She responded immediately, asking me to apply directly from the official company site and send my resume to herself and another local HR manager.
A week later, I received a call from the HR to arrange for an interview with HP Procurve regional manager, yet not about the position I applied for, but for a more sales oriented one. I agreed to meet anyway, since even if I was displeased about the position offer and decided not to move on, it is always good to add someone to your network. We set the interview date a week later, in HP Headquarters. The interview went very positive. The country manager was the only person present in the interview. We discussed the offered position's responsibilities, what chances it offers, how my career has developed, how I can contribute to HP Procurve's targets, and son on. Finally, the country manager suggested that I take a few days' time to decide on whether I would like to move to a direct sales position and inform him accordingly.
After 3-4 days, I called him back and told that I was reluctant to move to a direct sales position.

Interview Questions
  • Can you work well under pressure of a quarterly quota?   View Answer

Although, I had applied for a more technical position, the interview was about an account manager position. After the first meeting and careful rethinking, I decided I didn't want to move to a direct sales related position at that moment. So I decided not to waste any more of my time and the interviewer's time. Hence, I informed the country manager and company HR of my decision. We thanked each other at the end.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2009.

I eventually was hired after working there before and terminated due to recession. One manager did not want me back. His manager above him hired anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here again?   View Answer
    • Would you relocate from here to another HP office?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2010.

Applied online after which had 3 separate interviews

1. HR and standard background checks and motivations for the application
    2. Hiring Managers panel interview, in depth work experience and background questions
    3. Last Minute Presentation Request with Panel interview.

Package received was the agreed structure, HR tried to negotiate lower but with Hiring managers support eventually got the deal I wanted.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2008.

Initial shortlisting followed by 1 on 1