Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Roseville, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2009.

Interview Details – Typical name a difficult situation and how you handled it scenario

Interview Question – Name a negative quality trait of yours.   Answer Question

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring Managers will work with internal recruiter who ususally outsources recruting to 3rd-party agency companies. Hiring managers' assistant will set up onsite interviews after resume reviews. Hiring managers will conduct about 30 min (or 1 hour) in-person interview with candidates and select the one who did the best interview job.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Piscataway, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2008.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume through an employee that referred me for the job. Was contacted directly by the hiring manager of the admin staff. Had a face-to-face with the hiring mgr and was called back for a panel interview. The panel consisted of the hiring mgr's supervisor and 2 directors of the group that I would be supporting.

Interview Question – How do you handle conflicts with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They counter offered my salary rate with a lower annual income. I took it and learned that I would not do that again.

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2011.

Interview Details – It was interesting. Good questions.

Tucker, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2010.

Interview Details – Was called with and interview. Interview via phone. Passed, then interview 1:1 in office w/ a group panel. Passed. Completed background test and was offered the position. Started work 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – How is you respond to an angry customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Faily easy. The a pay range was near what I was making before so it wasnt hard to agree.

New Delhi (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2012.

Interview Details – culture is very nice

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!