Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Alpharetta, GA

Updated May 18, 2015

2.5

Technology Solution Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Managers came to my school and did open interviews. I signed up for a time slot and it started there. This initial interview was more about getting to know about the type of person I am at the surface level. Then they invited me to a second interview at the site. This interview process was in 3 phases.
    1) i was greeted by management and they went over my resume and asked more basic work approach and social questions.

2) Sent to another person and it was more about the technical experience i have within the realms of my college experience. Asked about how i worked in group projects.

3) Sent to my final person who was a senior level within the specific product (SQL) I applied for. This was the technical portion of the interview. Talked programmer languages and how much i knew about each.

NOTE: The people were friendly and made me feel comfortable. It helped because i was very nervous.

Interview Questions

• 1) How do you prioritize your heavy college work load and how would you apply that to the work place ?

2) What is your greatest weakness?

3)What would people who have worked in a group project with you, say about you ?

Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Standard process though management appeared to lean of inexperienced personnel to do the initial; screening. My department is more interested in customer service skills rather than technical knowledge. You have to have a good balance I agree but so many people are being hired without any technical knowledge that serving the customers expeditiously is a major fail.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer HP?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Take it leave it attitude. I was told verbatim. "Sorry, since you are new the field, this is what we can offer." Their loss, I have already exceeded my peers in competence, know how, professionalism, and more. I am looking for a new job now. They simply do NOT know what they have nor do they know how to foster and develop employees.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was called for a phone interview two weeks later. The process itself seemed pretty straightforward, although I wasn't chosen to be pursued beyond that interview.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Single interview process to gauge both short and long-term goals. Very comfortable conversation that still went by a rubric. Be sure to elaborate when possible.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail an experience in which you overcame adversity.   Answer Question

Mission Critical PSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed in October but never heard from HP until January 7th. I received an email to call my to be manager. I was then told that I was receiving a position paying less than the one I interviewed for and my options were to take it or leave it.

Interview Questions

• I was never told that it was a shift position and got blind sided when I started.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I was told by my manager that, that was not an option.

Technical Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview went well. Interviewed with the senior manager, manager and a technical lead. Questions were all about my experience and resume. Also, talked about my telecom experience as I was interviewing for a network engineer position. Not sure how I got a job in storage as I had no experience in that arena but, I was looking for a job at the time and it was a good start.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was how I interacted with irate and difficult customers and employees. Pretty easy answer. The next one was "I am thinking of something in the room and in 10 questions, figure out what I am thinking about".   1 Answer

Negotiation

I to them what I was looking for and they me it.

Technology Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I kind of did two interview, one was at a job fair and the second was a technical interview at the HP center.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to talk about projects that I have led and network failures that I had to resolve.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with three people. Spoke to the hiring manager first and had most get to know each other type interview. There was not much technical detail involved in this round of interviews Manager was new to role so another interview was setup with a manager of closely related group for technical interview. Interview was conversational type with technical questions sprinkled throughout. All in all pretty laid back. Spoke with the Director of the team next and was mostly about expectations of the role, etc

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with proposing solutions to complex customer issues. How many years of sales experience do you have?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was relatively easy and relaxed. There were some technical discussions based on the experience you list in your resume. There was a phone interview follow by a face-to-face. The decision was made very quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me my highest requested salary so I did not need to negotiate.

BCS Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

Most Hiring Managers at HP are very busy if you can identify the hiring manger and email him/her directly you are almost garunteed an interview. Because the process for approval for a position takes so long to even post most managers move quickly once the interview phase has begun. There is usally a phoe screening with HR. An initial Phone conversation with the Hiring manager and then a 1:1 with the hiring manager. For outside candidates there is a 3 day rule to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult customer and How did you handle it   1 Answer

Not willing to relocate