Hewlett-Packard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Solutions Architect Interview

Solutions Architect
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2013.

Interview Details – Single interview process to gauge both short and long-term goals. Very comfortable conversation that still went by a rubric. Be sure to elaborate when possible.

Interview Question – Describe in detail an experience in which you overcame adversity.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Aftermarket Sales Interview

Aftermarket Sales
Alpharetta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2010.

Interview Details – my interview was conducted by an inexperienced manager so I really had to help him put together the questions he needed to ask me

Negotiation Details – they made an offer and I accepted

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Standard process though management appeared to lean of inexperienced personnel to do the initial; screening. My department is more interested in customer service skills rather than technical knowledge. You have to have a good balance I agree but so many people are being hired without any technical knowledge that serving the customers expeditiously is a major fail.

Interview Question – What do you have to offer HP?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. Take it leave it attitude. I was told verbatim. "Sorry, since you are new the field, this is what we can offer." Their loss, I have already exceeded my peers in competence, know how, professionalism, and more. I am looking for a new job now. They simply do NOT know what they have nor do they know how to foster and develop employees.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Technical Solutions Consultant Interview

Technical Solutions Consultant
Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview went well. Interviewed with the senior manager, manager and a technical lead. Questions were all about my experience and resume. Also, talked about my telecom experience as I was interviewing for a network engineer position. Not sure how I got a job in storage as I had no experience in that arena but, I was looking for a job at the time and it was a good start.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was how I interacted with irate and difficult customers and employees. Pretty easy answer. The next one was "I am thinking of something in the room and in 10 questions, figure out what I am thinking about".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I to them what I was looking for and they me it.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called for a phone interview two weeks later. The process itself seemed pretty straightforward, although I wasn't chosen to be pursued beyond that interview.

Interview Question – What does the term "data warehouse" mean to you?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was relatively easy and relaxed. There were some technical discussions based on the experience you list in your resume. There was a phone interview follow by a face-to-face. The decision was made very quickly.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me my highest requested salary so I did not need to negotiate.

Pre Sales Consultant Interview

Pre Sales Consultant
Alpharetta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2009.

Interview Details – Two or three employee before and offer. Manager looks for chemistry among team members so you need to address team work and good undrestanding of the sales process and knowledge of the HP portfolio.

Interview Question – just be prepared and now the company and be reaady to answer why do you want to work for HP? specially on these days of uncertainty and restructuring.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – this is not valid, I cam to the company through merger and acquisition I was a Compaq hired employee. times were differents.

BCS Sales Specialist Interview

BCS Sales Specialist
Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2010.

Interview Details – Most Hiring Managers at HP are very busy if you can identify the hiring manger and email him/her directly you are almost garunteed an interview. Because the process for approval for a position takes so long to even post most managers move quickly once the interview phase has begun. There is usally a phoe screening with HR. An initial Phone conversation with the Hiring manager and then a 1:1 with the hiring manager. For outside candidates there is a 3 day rule to follow up.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult customer and How did you handle it   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not willing to relocate

Solutions Architect Interview

Solutions Architect
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with three people. Spoke to the hiring manager first and had most get to know each other type interview. There was not much technical detail involved in this round of interviews Manager was new to role so another interview was setup with a manager of closely related group for technical interview. Interview was conversational type with technical questions sprinkled throughout. All in all pretty laid back. Spoke with the Director of the team next and was mostly about expectations of the role, etc

Interview Question – What is your experience with proposing solutions to complex customer issues. How many years of sales experience do you have?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard interview questions and advice in Alpharetta, GA. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.