Hewlett-Packard Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2008.

Many friendly (mostly) but very long interview, I met with all the different people, team members and managers that had opening in my field.
I went several time for 4-5hours of interview in a row, some 1:1 some panel interviews.
All technical interviews were face to face and hiring manager was tracking me and keeping me updated by phone of the next steps.
The last interview was over lunch with the manager who picked me and was to convince me this was a great company to work for, present the offer and discuss future of the company in general.
The hiring manager (HR) and the team manager offered to negotiate a bit but it was limited.

Interview Questions
  • mostly about network communication protocols, everything you know about it, ports, format, use, etc...   Answer Question
  • different operating systems, advanced configurations, administration, capabilities, differences   Answer Question
limited negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

There will be three rounds of interviews. First of all, you need to take a paper test. Second round is the technical interview. Third and fourth rounds are manger interviews. In the paper test, they ask basic http method, tcp/ip knowledge, as well as restful web services. Technical interview will be mostly focusing on the project that you have done before and they will ask relevant questions to your project like how did you handle the session sync problem? how did you do the url mapping.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview and paper test are not very difficult. they ask very basic questions.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.