Hewlett-Packard

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Engineer Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2008.

Interview Details – Many friendly (mostly) but very long interview, I met with all the different people, team members and managers that had opening in my field.
I went several time for 4-5hours of interview in a row, some 1:1 some panel interviews.
All technical interviews were face to face and hiring manager was tracking me and keeping me updated by phone of the next steps.
The last interview was over lunch with the manager who picked me and was to convince me this was a great company to work for, present the offer and discuss future of the company in general.
The hiring manager (HR) and the team manager offered to negotiate a bit but it was limited.

Interview Questions

• mostly about network communication protocols, everything you know about it, ports, format, use, etc...   Answer Question
  • different operating systems, advanced configurations, administration, capabilities, differences   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – limited negotiations.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard Applications Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.