Hewlett-Packard

2.9

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Developer/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

The process began at an on-campus career fair where I talked to a gentleman from HP who took my information and gave me a job number to apply with on their careers website. After I applied I waited about a week and received a call to schedule a phone interview the next week. When it was time for me to get called for the phone interview I was never contacted. I waited two weeks with no word whatsoever and I was finally contacted again by a different person wanting salary information and a few other details. About a week later I was contacted again to set up another phone interview which ended up taking place the next week. After that interview I waited one more week and I was contacted by someone who offered me a position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for HP?
      Do you have any project management experience?
      Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation in my process and after asking around I haven't heard of any for anyone else either. They make it very clear that what they offer is what you will get.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

I applied through a career fair at my university. The interview process took about 4 week for me and included 4 phone interviews and no face-to-face interviews. I never talked to the same person during this process.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were based around the technical side of business analysis, since i specialized in SAP they were mostly geared toward that as well. In the final interview all the questions were basically to see if I "fit" HP's culture.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, the offer was fantastic.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

The hiring process was fine. The HR recruiter was very helpful. However, my manager does not know how to her job of starting the badging process, informing the security office if my background check cleared, or letting the IT people know when I would arrive so they would already have my computer set up.

Interview Questions
    • The asked me to work on a technical document for editing purposes. It was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question
    Arkansas is an at-will state. They ask you what salary range you're willing to work for and they offer you the low end. If you don't accept, the next candidate will.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2013.

Phone Screening, Phone Interview, than onsite or or second phone interview if you are located outside the hiring area. Be ready with your resume at all times, and be ready to "go" - answer phone professionally if from 281 or 501 area code

ESSN AMS Commercial Sales-US Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2013.

Phone & personal interviews that made a lot of promises and made it seem like this job would lead to a full career. TO be honest it was a lot of hot air, you don't have to know anything about HP just position yourself as a person who is willing to make phone calls and sell server storage and networking to businesses.

Interview Questions
    • describe how you would sell some thing you don't know about.   Answer Question
    NO Negotiation

Software Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2013.

It took about 3 weeks for me to get a interview. From there it pretty much went very quick. You have 1 phone interview and then a panel interview. i received a offer two weeks after my panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Just know alot about Hewlett-Packard's history. They want you to know a lot about the company. Work on a sales pitch but don't over-think it.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because the pay was very good.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2012.

Very easy interview. Basic sales questions. Mock sell. Makes it sound like you will make $50,000...doubtful unless your territory is great.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. What they offer is all you get.

Contact Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2012.

Intense and complex interview process for a position that was eventually cancelled by the company.

After submitting online, I received a call 4-5 days later from the assistant to the hiring manager to set up a phone interview.

First phone interview with the assistant - 30 minutes - mostly about confirming I had the required skills, experience, and education.

She called back 2 days later to set up two additional phone interviews; one peer interview 2 manager and 1 with the hiring manager.

Both interviews happened the same day. Peer manager interview was 45 minutes; mostly behavior interview questions. Hiring manager interview was about 60 minutes; mostly fit questions.

Despite thank you notes, calls, and repeated emails, I heard nothing back for about a month, when I got a called email from HR, informing me that due to business conditions, the job had been cancelled.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you handled an employee with performance issues   View Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2011.

I was called by the hiring manager after applying online to schedule a phone interview. After succeeding in the phone interview I was invited for an interview in front of a panel of 3 managers. I was asked to explain HP's Loadrunner Solution and how it works.

Interview Questions
    • What is to stop you from leaving early?   View Answer

Fla Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2011.

The hiring and interview process was interesting. It included presentation of the company, a group session and several ones-on-one with supervisors. The process lasted approximately 2 1/2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • I can't say that there was a most unexpected question. Typical interview questions were asked.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.