Hewlett-Packard

2.7

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2014.

I went to my university's (Georgia Tech) career fair looking for a job in computer networking (I'm a senior BSEE student). Talked to HP and the recruiters there asked if I was interested in a pre-sales engineer. I said why not? They gave me an interview on the spot saying they liked the way I presented myself, etc. The next week I sat down one-on-one with one of the recruiters at the fair. The interview lasted an hour and was mostly background questions and explanations of what the position entailed, etc. Nothing too difficult. I was told I would be contacted soon if the interview ended up being successful. I was contacted the same day (later that evening) for a second level onsite interview at their office up in Alpharetta. Upon showing up that day (it was quite rainy!), I met up with the same recruiter who did the first interview. He showed me around the office and then we sat down in a conference room with two other people (the hiring manager and the overall manager for the program I was applying for). They basically grilled me with questions for 45 minutes to an hour. After that I met with a college graduate who was actually in the program. We talked for another 15 or 20 minutes and then I left. I was contacted a few days later by the hiring manager and he asked me a few more questions and then I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really that hard, to be honest. There were a lot of open-ended questions probably asked to test your ethics. Nothing too technical.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Standard process though management appeared to lean of inexperienced personnel to do the initial; screening. My department is more interested in customer service skills rather than technical knowledge. You have to have a good balance I agree but so many people are being hired without any technical knowledge that serving the customers expeditiously is a major fail.

Interview Questions
    None. Take it leave it attitude. I was told verbatim. "Sorry, since you are new the field, this is what we can offer." Their loss, I have already exceeded my peers in competence, know how, professionalism, and more. I am looking for a new job now. They simply do NOT know what they have nor do they know how to foster and develop employees.

Supply Chain IT DeveloperInterview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2013.

Met through college recruiter. Received a phone call a week later to have an online interview (like Skype, Google Hangout). Behavioral interview with several people that asked nothing about coding. Never heard back after the interview.

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

1. HR screener phone interview, 2. Hiring manager phone interview, 3. VP phone interview, 4. Hiring manager again via video conf., 5. Hiring manager made verbal offer. 6. HR set the written offer. Very straight forward and professional approach.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a difficult team member who supports you?   Answer Question
    2 rounds. Had another opportuntity in parallel to leverage higher pay.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2013.

As a contractor it was a very easy interview .Hopefully, it would go smooth too

Supply Chain IT Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Found at a job fair on college campus, talked to recruiter for a few minutes and was offered interview.

Interview Questions
    • Given an array of integers, give an algorithm to find the maximum contiguous subsequence   View Answer
    Interns don't really negotiate..

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2013.

Applied online and was called for a phone interview two weeks later. The process itself seemed pretty straightforward, although I wasn't chosen to be pursued beyond that interview.

Marketing and Communications Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2013.

simple! I lLOVED IT! I Applied online, heard back a week later to set up a time for a phone interview with friendly recruiter for the following week. Had conference phone call with the recruiter, my future mentor, and another employee who would be on my team at the branch I would be at. I was asked behavioral questions related to the job or resume. Very easy as far as behavioral go. They called back later that day with an offer! Next day I was filling out paper work.

Interview Questions
    • Introduce Yourself
      Do you have virtual work knowledge and if so can you provide an example?
      The job requires a lot of multi-tasking, do you multi-task and if so can you provide an example?
      Can you provide an example of how you marketed a campaign?

Answer Question
    There wasn't one. They offered me way more than the average for a marketing internship, and I took it like that.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2013.

Single interview process to gauge both short and long-term goals. Very comfortable conversation that still went by a rubric. Be sure to elaborate when possible.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail an experience in which you overcame adversity.   Answer Question

Mission Critical PSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2012.

I was interviewed in October but never heard from HP until January 7th. I received an email to call my to be manager. I was then told that I was receiving a position paying less than the one I interviewed for and my options were to take it or leave it.

Interview Questions
    • I was never told that it was a shift position and got blind sided when I started.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, I was told by my manager that, that was not an option.