Hewlett-Packard

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

It was a telephone interview only. No tough questions. It was clear that they were working on volume rather than quality. I was recruited through a 3rd party contractor so I wasn't a direct "core" employee of Hewlett Packard, which made it easy for them to accept or reject candidates. Or in my case discard them.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions presented whatsoever. After being hired during the first day of training they made it clear that the decision was based on their perception of our personality over the phone.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. It was through 3rd party contractor, the terms were non-negotiable.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2014.

Had a technical phone interview with three interviewers on the line who asked questions about problem solving/troubleshooting skills, very little small talk or get to know you: 30 minutes. Phone interview was on a Friday and received an email the following Monday to schedule an in person interview, 40 min

Interview Questions
    • None of them were difficult: Very basic questions about viruses, power source, Linux, Windows Server, syncing email accounts etc   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2013.

I was contacted via telephone by the division manager for an interview. From submitting the application to getting the phone call was about 5-6 weeks. The interview was structured so that I saw two managers in the morning, had lunch with two team members, and saw two more managers in the afternoon. The interviews were all one-on-one and pretty typical.

Interview Questions
    • How many power poles are there between Seattle and Portland?   View Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

4-5 people interview. Basic level to advance topics in the field. Try to show that you can solve by working in team environment. Some folks have subject matter from fundamental level.

Interview Questions
    Long time back with there was not much job around.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Panel interview. Lots of detail requested. Almost every question was "tell me about a time when you X". example replace X with: A. had an issue with another employee and how did you handle it. B. Had to two projects with similar deadlines, how did you prioritise?

Interview Questions
    • Actual question: "If you took could take a band of steel and put if around the earth at the equator, and then added one foot to it, could you get under it?"   View Answer

Business Development (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2011.

Straightforward - phone interviews, drug screening, training, and then on the job.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe, as specifically as you can, a time you helped a customer or client understand a difficult concept."   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2011.

I had worked for HP for two years and was coming back so I was a known entity. The interview process was brief but consisted of 1:1 interviews that focused on personality and fit in the organization and on experience and accomplishments.

Interview Questions
    • What is your top accomplishment in your career and why?   Answer Question
    Yes, there was a negotiation and I would encourage everyone to have a goal of what they want to make and try their best to get to that. Raises don't usually get you much so do your best now to get what you want.

IT Developer/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2011.

Initially received an email from a manager. Spoke with him about my job experience. Setup 2nd interview with members of the team. Spoke with them about my experience and answered a couple simple OOP questions. Flew out and met with a bunch of different people. Mostly spoke over my experience and what I'm looking for. A few questions about databases and how hashtables work.

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2010.

I had only saved a draft of my profile online and was contacted by someone from HP in a week. First was a phone call telling me that there was going to be a phone interview. The phone interview was very odd as the interviewer seemed to read out questions. I answered all the questions and was told that I'll be contacted but I was never contacted after that. I made the mistake of not getting the interviewer's email. The phone number was a Mexico number. The overall interview was very strange.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2010.

Interview process began with a phone interview. After that, a full day onsite interview was conducted.