Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
50 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Corvallis, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had one 30 minuet phone interview followed by a full day of face to face interviews with various people that i would be working with if i got the job. I had prepared answers for the "commonly asked interview questions" but very few of those were asked. It was mostly to see how i processed information, and what steps i would take to solve a problem.

Interview Question – There were a great deal of questions asked about statistics, and there seemed to be an emphasis on having familiarity using SQL. I feel that one of the most difficult parts was that by the end of the day of interviews i was just used up.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews.

Interview Question – tech knowledge, team spirit   Answer Question

Conway, AR

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through a career fair at my university. The interview process took about 4 week for me and included 4 phone interviews and no face-to-face interviews. I never talked to the same person during this process.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were based around the technical side of business analysis, since i specialized in SAP they were mostly geared toward that as well. In the final interview all the questions were basically to see if I "fit" HP's culture.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, the offer was fantastic.

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2014.

Interview Details – There were a series of interviews, both phone and in-person. The first two interviews on the phone went well as there was only one interviewer each time; both relatively relaxed. My third interview was on-site in a small room at the headquarters. I felt confident in our discussion about the position and was sent arrangements for two more phone interviews with staff who currently work on the team/major projects. The last interview was difficult as I could hardly understand or hear one of the interviews; there were a total of 5 people on the call and it made the interview feel very jumbled and disorganized. I was told that I was one of about 4 other candidates who they were considering. I was notified about two weeks after the final interview that I did not receive the position.

Interview Question – How did you enforce styles/implementation of specific variities of program management within a data analyst role   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2012.

Interview Details – Did the entire process backwards. Responded to a post on Linkedinn in a group I follow. The manager setup a phone interview with several hiring managers of various groups that might be interested in my qualifications. Call went well, waited about a week before I received a response that I job offer was coming. Received an email with the details and once accepted, was contacted by HR to go through that process.

All in all it was approximately a month from the initial interview until I started work, very painless process.

Negotiation Details – Timing was very bad as HP just announced eliminating 29,000 employees. But I was able to negotiate a signing bonus.

Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews : Very comfortable, was interviewed by a team of 4 people, they make you comfortable at first, was asked what my dream job was. Then each person asked me 2-3 questions based on my resume. There was 1 question which I couldn't answer. The manager was very kind and told me they could teach me things that I did not know and it was not expected that I know everything

Interview Question – What do you know about control charts ? And do you know what is a U chart ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not require

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2013.

Interview Details – As a contractor it was a very easy interview .Hopefully, it would go smooth too

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called for a phone interview two weeks later. The process itself seemed pretty straightforward, although I wasn't chosen to be pursued beyond that interview.

Interview Question – What does the term "data warehouse" mean to you?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2009.

Interview Details – Contractor for 1 year, then hired through standard process, via panel interview.

Interview Question – Is there anyone in your existing group that can add value through training to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Written offer letter that explained everything, no negotiations required.

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed through recruiting agency then with HP. Straightforward interview. I could tell the interviewer was looking for specific experience as he noticeably responded positively to my various answers.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation you've dealt with at work and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No modification. Excellent starting offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 50 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.