Hewlett-Packard Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Two phone interviews. They cannot conduct face to face interviews for contract employees. Both interviews were with the hiring manager who I loved working for. Very average in terms of questions asked and it was pretty informal.

Interview Questions

• More experience based than behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Had a phone screen with HR. It was a very simple and friendly interview, mostly about my background, trying to find out what I have done in the past so as to figure out if it matches up with the role.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging thing you have faced in your job?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

You will get contacted by a recruiter first. Then if you make the cut the hiring manager will want to meet with you. After at least one interview, maybe more, a decision will be made. Ask for as much $$ as you think you can get!!! If they can't pay you that, they will just offer you less. Do not sell your self short. It's very hard to get raises after you get in. So... start as high as you can.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when..... It will all be behavioral interview questions. Be prepared for that! You will be asked questions about the SDLC, your knowledge of the particular system/business you'll be working with and your ability to work as a team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online. Got contacted by the HR for a phone interview about a week alter. The phone interview was nothing tricky. Were told to be referred to the hirings, but never been reached. I then contacted the HR again, and told that they have been moving on with somebody else.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Corvallis, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

I had one 30 minuet phone interview followed by a full day of face to face interviews with various people that i would be working with if i got the job. I had prepared answers for the "commonly asked interview questions" but very few of those were asked. It was mostly to see how i processed information, and what steps i would take to solve a problem.

Interview Questions

• There were a great deal of questions asked about statistics, and there seemed to be an emphasis on having familiarity using SQL. I feel that one of the most difficult parts was that by the end of the day of interviews i was just used up.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Conway, AR) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through a career fair at my university. The interview process took about 4 week for me and included 4 phone interviews and no face-to-face interviews. I never talked to the same person during this process.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were based around the technical side of business analysis, since i specialized in SAP they were mostly geared toward that as well. In the final interview all the questions were basically to see if I "fit" HP's culture.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, the offer was fantastic.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

There were a series of interviews, both phone and in-person. The first two interviews on the phone went well as there was only one interviewer each time; both relatively relaxed. My third interview was on-site in a small room at the headquarters. I felt confident in our discussion about the position and was sent arrangements for two more phone interviews with staff who currently work on the team/major projects. The last interview was difficult as I could hardly understand or hear one of the interviews; there were a total of 5 people on the call and it made the interview feel very jumbled and disorganized. I was told that I was one of about 4 other candidates who they were considering. I was notified about two weeks after the final interview that I did not receive the position.

Interview Questions

• How did you enforce styles/implementation of specific variities of program management within a data analyst role   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Waco, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I originally spoke with them at a career fair, which then led to an on campus interview, followed by another phone interview. Everything after the phone interview was communicated by email. I was hopeful with how far I got, as many of my friends were cut along the way. However, it ended pretty abruptly with just one email from the employee that I felt I grew to know decently well. I thought I would at least receive a phone call or some sort of response with a little more personal touch. It seems like they were just looking for the "good students" which have a high GPA. The first interview was behavioral, but in the end they basically just take the highest GPA. Therefore, if you have good grades, I encourage you to apply; but don't hope for intangibles to give you any sort of edge. Overall it was pretty fair, but I wasn't hoping to work for a company that just viewed me as a number anyways.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral questions in the first interview (strengths, weaknesses, challenges). The second interview just made sure I had some sort of foundation for the job for which I was applying. Just look at vocab and SDLC stuff and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Atlanta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

As a contractor it was a very easy interview .Hopefully, it would go smooth too