Hewlett-Packard

Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.8

50 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2014.

I had one 30 minuet phone interview followed by a full day of face to face interviews with various people that i would be working with if i got the job. I had prepared answers for the "commonly asked interview questions" but very few of those were asked. It was mostly to see how i processed information, and what steps i would take to solve a problem.

Interview Questions
    • There were a great deal of questions asked about statistics, and there seemed to be an emphasis on having familiarity using SQL. I feel that one of the most difficult parts was that by the end of the day of interviews i was just used up.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

I applied through a career fair at my university. The interview process took about 4 week for me and included 4 phone interviews and no face-to-face interviews. I never talked to the same person during this process.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were based around the technical side of business analysis, since i specialized in SAP they were mostly geared toward that as well. In the final interview all the questions were basically to see if I "fit" HP's culture.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, the offer was fantastic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2014.

There were a series of interviews, both phone and in-person. The first two interviews on the phone went well as there was only one interviewer each time; both relatively relaxed. My third interview was on-site in a small room at the headquarters. I felt confident in our discussion about the position and was sent arrangements for two more phone interviews with staff who currently work on the team/major projects. The last interview was difficult as I could hardly understand or hear one of the interviews; there were a total of 5 people on the call and it made the interview feel very jumbled and disorganized. I was told that I was one of about 4 other candidates who they were considering. I was notified about two weeks after the final interview that I did not receive the position.

Interview Questions
    • How did you enforce styles/implementation of specific variities of program management within a data analyst role   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2013.

As a contractor it was a very easy interview .Hopefully, it would go smooth too

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2013.

Applied online and was called for a phone interview two weeks later. The process itself seemed pretty straightforward, although I wasn't chosen to be pursued beyond that interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview was over 5 years ago. Things have changed. My experience included one face to face interview with my eventual direct manager. He seems to only be interested in repoire. Very low stress

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiation. During this time the job market was down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2013.

2 phone interviews : Very comfortable, was interviewed by a team of 4 people, they make you comfortable at first, was asked what my dream job was. Then each person asked me 2-3 questions based on my resume. There was 1 question which I couldn't answer. The manager was very kind and told me they could teach me things that I did not know and it was not expected that I know everything

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about control charts ? And do you know what is a U chart ?   Answer Question
    Did not require

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2013.

Interviewed through recruiting agency then with HP. Straightforward interview. I could tell the interviewer was looking for specific experience as he noticeably responded positively to my various answers.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you've dealt with at work and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    No modification. Excellent starting offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2013.

It was a pretty easy interview process. It was informal and situational/behavior based. The offer came pretty quickly. So far things have been pretty smooth and professional.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really a difficult or unexpected question. Just be prepared.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a higher salary.