Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – I can take longer than expected. Comany usually goes under hirinf freeze periods that can affect your application process. You can expect multy level interviews over the phone.

Interview Question – What do you do in a regular weekend day?   View Answer

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2009.

Interview Details – Telephone interview
All day interview

Negotiation Details – constructive

Very Easy Interview

Roseville, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was completely done via the phone, with a final interview with the hiring manager face to face. The interviews were done by a number of the people various parts of the company, who asked most of the standard question about the role and how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Question – Asked me what my biggest failure was while at my last job and how I handled it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for a salary which they told me was too high, we compromised on a lower salary but was still higher than my last employer.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2009.

Interview Details – It was an 1:1 interview with the VP first, followed by a panel interview by managers under him. The first one went well. I got a lot of insight into the management style of the VP and his visions for the business. The second interview a few days later was odd in that one of the managers was acting a little strange in that she kept asking touch quesitons one after another and appeared to be contentious. I learned afterwards that she already had someone in mind who she would like to have working in the same group. Other managers were kind and helpful, but the awkwardness was clearly felt by everyone.

Interview Question – Your previous work experience does not seem to be a fit for the current position. Why do you think you are a good fit for this job?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Interview process included speaking with several team members both via in person, phone or teleconference.
HP is a virtual company and each interview was different both from a technical perspective but also from the type of communication required to meet your interviewer.
Focus is on brand, technical knowledge and what type of impact can you do for the company

Interview Question – Tell me about your last big technical failure   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair

Business Development Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2010.

Interview Details – Recommended by a previous Leader

Interview Question – Why do you want to come back   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Business Development Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2008.

Interview Details – I had a brief phone screen for 15 minutes to quickly review my resume. I was then asked to come in for an inteview. Upon arrival I found that I would be interviewing with 6 of my co-workers, my boss and our General Manager. The interviews surrounded case questions, behavioral questions, and my previous work experience.

Interview Question – You are up against another candidate who has much more experience in finance and business analytics. Why should we choose you over this candidate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate, it was a straight take it or leave it offer.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!