Hewlett-Packard

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2009.

Interview Details – single in person interview. I was in front of about 8 people, those of which were the managers of the group as well as a few directors. questions were fairly straightforward. no curveballs. It lasted roughly about an hour and a half. I got a call about a week later with an offer.

Interview Question – walk us through how you would go about purchasing something for HP.   Answer Question

Fort Collins, CO

I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly straightforward. You had a phone interview and then were flown out to meet with a variety of managers in different related departments. For the most part, the interviewers seemed very supportive and upbeat about the company. HR was very professional and well organized.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging experience you have faced and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2009.

Interview Details – General question on Supply Chain
How do you manage suppliers?
How do you manage inventories?
What do you think you should do to mitigate risk?

Interview Question – What should you do to increase your knowledge on the products/ supplier/ job scope?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard Buyer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.