Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in California

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.9

Global Alliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

2 separate phone calls - one with a future peer and the other with the hiring manager.
    Great questions, casual interview, focused on your interest to work for the company first and then, the questions became incrementally harder to figure out as to whether you ARE a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Strengths & weaknesses
      What you need to improve on
      Future aspirations
      How many people have you managed in the past?
      Provide concrete examples showing leadership skill, ability to work with contentious individuals.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Roseville, CA).

Interview

I spoke with a representative at my college's career fair last quarter. I was then given a short interview on campus. This interview covered a small amount of basic C (a basic screen) and some other basics. After a few days I received an email informing me of an on site interview opportunity for a C/networks/embedded systems position. I took it and drove for a few hours a few weeks later (HP reimbursed the travel and hotel room). I had three interviews, the titles were "Low Level", "C Problem Solving", and "Networking". I thought the Low Level one went well (mainly basic computer architecture questions such as drawing a functional block diagram, how to make computers faster, etc). The C Problem Solving interview covered basic C as well as some data structures (ie linked lists in C). The Networking interview was the hardest for me (this was before I had any exposure to computer networks - I hadn't taken any classes on the subject). The networking interview was also pretty basic in retrospect. The interviews primarily covered fundamentals, some intermediate material, and a small amount of advanced material (mainly if you brought it up - this is a good thing to do). After the interviews, I had lunch with a product manager. We spoke of my goals and the team's goals, as well as whether I could relocate, etc.

Interview Questions

• The question was a Switch address learning question (ie fill a table out at each step of the broadcast and learning process).   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA).

Interview

It started with a technical phone screen. Within few weeks, I was brought onsite for an one-on-one interview with the team and to meet with the manager. The interview lasted perhaps 1 hour and was technical.

Senior Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First the interview was done over the phone for about half an hour. Mostly about technical questions. Then in the 1:1 interview, they asked about various situation you may face on the job and how to resolve them. The outcome of this interview was that I got a job offer.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

I applied this job through my college career fair. The manager who interviews seemed get mad at students since many applications were not fixed with this position. However, he gave us a general advice to pass the interview: prepare, practice, and practice interview questions, and show how you can match with this position.

MBA Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I met HP at one of the national conferences and immediately hit it off with the team. Everyone was super nice and really pleasant to speak with. They seem to have a great culture

The first interview was in person at the conference and we just talked about my interest in the company. The second interview was in CA (there was an expedited process for MBA students). The company brought in 6 students from all around the country and put us up in NICE hotels. They really rolled out the red carpet. Each candidate had 3 interviews and a lunch that day with other HP interns.

Honestly, it was great and I regret not taking the offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty standard (why HP, what do you want to do within HP, tell me about a time you lead a project, etc.)   Answer Question

Consumer Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through an MBA interview forum, and had two 45 minute interviews. The first included short cases (focused on innovation and thinking outside the box), along with a few market sizing questions. The second interview was more behavioral.

The interviewers were great, very smart and extremely helpful with answering questions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Short cases on hypothetical product innovation scenarios
      Market sizing
      Behavioral

Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

They came to my campus, and there was an initial screening interview of 30 minutes with a senior-level employee. I got offered a second round on the spot at the interview, and the second round took place about a week later at the campus. The second round was an all-day event that involved four separate 45 minute interviews with senior level employees. Got the offer call 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Here's a list of transactions on the white board: make a balance sheet and income statement?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Basic Java programming methodologies. Questions on different Java implementations including tree navigation and class creations using base class with extended classes. Position works in a team of 10 to 15 and was interview by three different representatives from the department.

Interview Questions

• Create a grocery store application, Implement an Is-A and Has-A relationship.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through Career Fair, got a call from the senior software engineer in three weeks for a telephonic interview. he asked me about my projects and skills. Asked me about the availability and interested role.

Interview Questions

• All In-depth questions on Java and C++, Algorithms and problems solving without using standard libraries.   Answer Question