Hewlett-Packard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Principal Interview

Client Principal
Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend who worked in HP then. After his referral, I got an email from HP informing the interview date, time, and venue. Then I came to the company, HR met me with several questions, such as why I want to leave my current company, why I choose HP, and what I would plan my career if I joined HP. After the first interview, I got another 2, meeting my line manager and the director. Finally I got the job.

Interview Question – The director asked me how would you sale HP software if you're not familiar with? And I have to do the interview with English.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview questions are a bit difficult which mainly focus on algorithms.

Interview Question – 1. What is ur career path?
2. Shuffle cards algorithm.
3. Problems in data structure.
4. SQL
  Answer Question

Sales Support Management Analyst III Interview

Sales Support Management Analyst III
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2009.

Interview Details – 3 round bidding, line manger, cross function manager, +2 manager,

Interview Question – just chatting, about the work, experience.   Answer Question

Dev Manager Interview

Dev Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone call and interview, then invited to the office for further interviews.
Technical interviews of software development, including project experience, coding, design, programming language related questions, etc.
Management skill interview, which was general, like "how to handle difficult management moments" and so on.
Background check, my previous employers were reached and asked to provided feedback.

Interview Question – Every questions needed to be answered in English which was difficult for inexperienced English speaker as me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's happy because the offer exceeded my expectation (maybe mine was too low)

ITO Service Delivery Consultant Interview

ITO Service Delivery Consultant
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2010.

Interview Details – take 3 round interviews totally, 2 round telephone interview with peers and hiring mgr via telephone. hiring manager base in hongkong, and last round telephone interview with another supervisor who based in shanghai. and then receive the offer call and email from HR in two weeks later.

QA Engineer Intern Interview

QA Engineer Intern
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2010.

Interview Details – First Round phone interview, asked couple of semi-technical questions in English, about database management, Load Runner and quick test.

Second Round onsite interview , one paper test and two one-on-one interview. paper test had some algorithm questions, database management questions. One on one had some behavioral questions and some brain teaser.

Last Round with manager, pure behavioral.

Interview Question – No question too hard   View Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Pudong, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2008.

Interview Details – recruiter phone interview -> manager phone interview -> recruiter 1:1 interview -> skills test -> HR process

Interview Question – no for me   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – job description -> benefit -> onboard date

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2011.

Interview Details – Quite relaxing. asked about why you like to work in this company. also asked what is your career goal or career plan. what you expect yourself be in 10 years. Talked about previous projects and internships. it's a one to one interview on site. Office is quite good and the environment is relaxing.

Interview Question – What do you think you will be in 10 years.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

IO Manager Interview

IO Manager
Dalian, Liaoning (China)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2011.

Interview Details – 6 rounds of interview, including first round screening, technical skill, business sense, language skill, management interview, etc.

Interview Question – say sth, you want to share with me, anything, just free to chat.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – most about salary, it's not easy to get a proper salary from it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Pudong, Shanghai (China)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

Interview Details – 1. At first phone interview
2. Face-to-face interview with technical person
3. Face-to-Face interview with manager

Interview Question – Talk about one design pattern   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was time-worthy.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!