Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in China

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview questions are a bit difficult which mainly focus on algorithms.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is ur career path? 2. Shuffle cards algorithm. 3. Problems in data structure. 4. SQL   Answer Question

Systems/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2011.

Interview

The screening interview is conducted by an AA to determine if I have the qualifications needed to do the job for which HP is hiring, The phone interviews is also conducted by an HR to make sure I am really got the qualification on papers. The first tech interview is following which tech leader asked many many fundamental tech questions. The second tech interview is also conducted by another tech leader. The final interview is with my manager mainly about the benefits and salary.

IO Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dalian, Liaoning (China)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Dalian, Liaoning (China)) in August 2011.

Interview

6 rounds of interview, including first round screening, technical skill, business sense, language skill, management interview, etc.

Interview Questions

• say sth, you want to share with me, anything, just free to chat.   1 Answer

Negotiation

most about salary, it's not easy to get a proper salary from it.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in July 2011.

Interview

Quite relaxing. asked about why you like to work in this company. also asked what is your career goal or career plan. what you expect yourself be in 10 years. Talked about previous projects and internships. it's a one to one interview on site. Office is quite good and the environment is relaxing.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in May 2011.

Interview

there are only two rounds interviews, a phone interview and a one-to-one interview. during the phone interview, there are questions about my background and experience. during the one-to-one interview, I was asked a couple of technical questions about system design and network.

Interview Questions

• what was the most difficult situation you met during the undergraduate study?   Answer Question

Client Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in March 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who worked in HP then. After his referral, I got an email from HP informing the interview date, time, and venue. Then I came to the company, HR met me with several questions, such as why I want to leave my current company, why I choose HP, and what I would plan my career if I joined HP. After the first interview, I got another 2, meeting my line manager and the director. Finally I got the job.

Interview Questions

• The director asked me how would you sale HP software if you're not familiar with? And I have to do the interview with English.   Answer Question

Sales Support Management Coordinator IIIb Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in March 2011.

Interview

It was a entry level job, team lead contacted me directly. Asked me my basic background and scheduled a interview. Two rounds. First it was a some basic skill test. Questions such as basic structure of personal computer, how software and hardware works. And some communications skills questions such as do you know other interviewee's names(there was a 10 min waiting before the interview). Then hiring manger panel interview. Pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• The structure of PC. Translate some technology terms (English - Chinese).   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in February 2011.

Interview

The direct manager interviewed me first and then two other indirect manager interviewed me at the same time. Two interviews was did at the same day, and each took over half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Almost all questions are about your previous working experience.   Answer Question

ITO Service Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2010.

Interview

take 3 round interviews totally, 2 round telephone interview with peers and hiring mgr via telephone. hiring manager base in hongkong, and last round telephone interview with another supervisor who based in shanghai. and then receive the offer call and email from HR in two weeks later.

Dev Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in September 2010.

Interview

Initial phone call and interview, then invited to the office for further interviews. Technical interviews of software development, including project experience, coding, design, programming language related questions, etc. Management skill interview, which was general, like "how to handle difficult management moments" and so on. Background check, my previous employers were reached and asked to provided feedback.

Interview Questions

• Every questions needed to be answered in English which was difficult for inexperienced English speaker as me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's happy because the offer exceeded my expectation (maybe mine was too low)