Hewlett-Packard

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2011.

I was referred by a friend who worked in HP then. After his referral, I got an email from HP informing the interview date, time, and venue. Then I came to the company, HR met me with several questions, such as why I want to leave my current company, why I choose HP, and what I would plan my career if I joined HP. After the first interview, I got another 2, meeting my line manager and the director. Finally I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • The director asked me how would you sale HP software if you're not familiar with? And I have to do the interview with English.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2012.

Interview questions are a bit difficult which mainly focus on algorithms.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What is ur career path?
      2. Shuffle cards algorithm.
      3. Problems in data structure.
      4. SQL
        Answer Question

Sales Support Management Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2009.

3 round bidding, line manger, cross function manager, +2 manager,

Dev Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2010.

Initial phone call and interview, then invited to the office for further interviews.
    Technical interviews of software development, including project experience, coding, design, programming language related questions, etc.
    Management skill interview, which was general, like "how to handle difficult management moments" and so on.
    Background check, my previous employers were reached and asked to provided feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Every questions needed to be answered in English which was difficult for inexperienced English speaker as me.   View Answer
    It's happy because the offer exceeded my expectation (maybe mine was too low)

ITO Service Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2010.

take 3 round interviews totally, 2 round telephone interview with peers and hiring mgr via telephone. hiring manager base in hongkong, and last round telephone interview with another supervisor who based in shanghai. and then receive the offer call and email from HR in two weeks later.

QA Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2010.

First Round phone interview, asked couple of semi-technical questions in English, about database management, Load Runner and quick test.

Second Round onsite interview , one paper test and two one-on-one interview. paper test had some algorithm questions, database management questions. One on one had some behavioral questions and some brain teaser.

Last Round with manager, pure behavioral.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pudong, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pudong, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2008.

recruiter phone interview -> manager phone interview -> recruiter 1:1 interview -> skills test -> HR process

job description -> benefit -> onboard date

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2011.

Quite relaxing. asked about why you like to work in this company. also asked what is your career goal or career plan. what you expect yourself be in 10 years. Talked about previous projects and internships. it's a one to one interview on site. Office is quite good and the environment is relaxing.

IO Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dalian, Liaoning (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalian, Liaoning (China)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2011.

6 rounds of interview, including first round screening, technical skill, business sense, language skill, management interview, etc.

Interview Questions
    • say sth, you want to share with me, anything, just free to chat.   View Answer
    most about salary, it's not easy to get a proper salary from it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pudong, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pudong, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

1. At first phone interview
    2. Face-to-face interview with technical person
    3. Face-to-Face interview with manager

It was time-worthy.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!