Hewlett-Packard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager
Fort Collins, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was called by a recruiter about a contract position. During the first --and only-- interview day, I met with three people: the hiring manager, a person at that team, the director of a stakeholder team. That evening, I received a call from the recruiter with a job offer. I accepted. After five months in that role, I applied for a job as a regular HP employee. That hiring process took approximately four weeks. The hiring manager set up interviews with several people inside and outside our team. These interviews were complete within a week. Then I waited for three weeks and was told that the hiring process is slow. Eventually, I was hired full time. Although I took a cut in base salary, I received health care, 401(k) matching, free access to the fitness center and opportunities for salary increases, annual performance bonuses and stock.

Interview Question – Give me a search optimization plan for telecommunications service.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was told what the annual salary would be. Knowing that it was going to be a short-term pay cut, my manager also provided a signing bonus and told me, sincerely, that this is the best he could do as a start. He said, if I continued to perform as I had, he'd see to a salary increase.

Business Analyst II Interview

Business Analyst II
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interviews only. The interviews were easy, people were friendly. I-9 process for a remote employee is difficult to maneuver. Colorado Springs location could not assist with this, many hoops to jump through to get someone to verify I said who I was, verify my driver's license, social security card, etc. and have them call into a specific number, both within my presence and separately from me. Not efficient or employee-friendly. HP is very hands off after being hired.

Negotiation Details – Fight for what you feel you are worth. Do not just settle for their first offer. Other than a slight increase at 1 year mark, no other bonuses or raises in almost 3 1/2 years. Nothing to do with performance, others were promoted and no increase, despite proving their abilities in the new role, they did not get a raise.

Americas Business Manager Interview

Americas Business Manager
Fort Collins, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2014.

Interview Details – 4 different interviews with 3 different people. Overall process exceeded 90 days.

Interview Question – What career steps have best prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation. Offer was very fair for job requirements.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

ASIC Design Engineer
Fort Collins, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2013.

Interview Details – Initially apply on company website, then got phone screen.

Interview Question – The I-V characteristic and five regions of MOS operation.   View Answers (4)

Professional Services Manager Interview

Professional Services Manager
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2009.

Interview Details – Adequate relative to length, inspection.

Negotiation Details – Inaccurate as to representing earning potential and actual realized income.

Very Easy Interview

R&D Manager Interview

R&D Manager
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty standard

Negotiation Details – Push for signing bonus and higher pay, HR tries to low ball ya

Very Easy Interview

Helpdesk Support Analyst Interview

Helpdesk Support Analyst
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Was forwarded an email from a co-worker at a previous position in setpemt 2005, sent in my resume, had a telephone interview, and got an offer letter in my email that day from the contracting company to work under contract-to hire. I started my training two and a half weeks later with very knowledgable trainers. After two years of working as a vendor contractor, I was offered a limited term employment (two one year contracts) leading to full-time employment.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions - all technical or telephone etiquette   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a substantail raise over what I was making (from $10/hr to $15/hr) so did not negogiate

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Fort Collins, CO

I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly straightforward. You had a phone interview and then were flown out to meet with a variety of managers in different related departments. For the most part, the interviewers seemed very supportive and upbeat about the company. HR was very professional and well organized.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging experience you have faced and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer
Fort Collins, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Recruiting team (from HR) makes the initial contact. Sometimes the candidate's information is given directly to the hiring manager. The hiring manager or a member of the technical recruiting team might do a phone screen to see if the candidate qualifies for an on-site interview. Normally the phone screen lasts about 1 hour, and will ask the candidate to solve problems pertaining to the job (physical design, verification, validation, etc.) also, some basic electrical engineering concepts will be asked at this point. If the phone screen person perceives the candidate has performed well during the phone screen, the candidate will be invited to an on-site interview with a team. This interview normally takes the whole day with 5 or 6 1-hour interviews. Each interview will address 2 to 6 technical questions in the areas of Basic Electrical Engineering concepts, physical design/functional design/verification, Computer Engineering, Design for Test, Validation. Lunch hour with the interview team will be part of the day and if the interview process has gone well, the candidate might also interview with or meet someone from upper management, at which point management looks for leadership, drive, self-motivation, etc. qualities in a candidate. The team then reviews their impressions and either recommend or not the candidate for a job offer.

Interview Question – Some of the Basic Electrical Engineering questions are the most difficult during the process because they tend to have a "trick", something that will make you think past just knowing Ohms Law or the circuit in question. Often there is a variable that makes the problem different that it appears at first look. They want to know how observant you are about these details, and how you can drive to a solution. Even if your answer is wrong (it often is) they are testing for your thought process.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer V Interview

Software Development Engineer V
Fort Collins, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was cumbersome. There's an onerous background-check, no face-to-face interaction with HR. You have to negotiate very aggressively as the the company is very mercenary in its negotiations. HP will not attract top talent in its current state.

Interview Question – None. Be sure to ask which projects you're being hired for and read up on them. Understand the relevant technologies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cutthroat

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!