Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard
- Software Engineer (132)
- Business Analyst (58)
- Project Manager (48)
- Senior Software Engineer (43)
- Intern (40)
- Software Developer (36)
- Financial Analyst (35)
- Technical Consultant (32)
- Technology Consultant (29)
- Technical Support Engineer (28)
- Inside Sales Representative (24)
- Engineering (22)
- Program Manager (17)
- Engineer (17)
- Account Manager (15)
- Sales Representative (15)
- Marketing Manager (14)
- Solutions Architect (14)
- Systems Engineer (13)
- Process Associate (13)
- Manager (12)
- Systems/Software Engineer (12)
- Hardware Engineer (12)
- IT Project Manager (12)
- IT Developer/Engineer (12)
- Analyst (10)
- Product Manager (10)
- Consultant (10)
- Product Marketing Manager (9)
- Mechanical Engineer (9)
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Colorado Springs, CO).
Was forwarded an email from a co-worker at a previous position in setpemt 2005, sent in my resume, had a telephone interview, and got an offer letter in my email that day from the contracting company to work under contract-to hire. I started my training two and a half weeks later with very knowledgable trainers. After two years of working as a vendor contractor, I was offered a limited term employment (two one year contracts) leading to full-time employment.
- No difficult or unexpected questions - all technical or telephone etiquette Answer Question
I was offered a substantail raise over what I was making (from $10/hr to $15/hr) so did not negogiate
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2012.
Push for signing bonus and higher pay, HR tries to low ball ya
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2011.
Good interviewers. However, interview process took over 45 days. Asked HP interviewer why process takes so long and he said that sometimes job reqs get canceled, or management wants to hold out for 'ideal' candiate.
Guess HP doesn't get too many 'ideal' candidates and I had different experience with DELL-from time of first call, to final interview, was 3 weeks with job offer/benefits, etc. I accepted DELL job. DELL seems to have a sense of urgency/action when hiring folks.
Reasons for Declining
Took too long for HP to decide whether to offer the position, even though I was told that I was the ideal candidate.