Hewlett-Packard

Very Easy Interview

R&D Manager Interview

R&D Manager
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty standard

Negotiation Details – Push for signing bonus and higher pay, HR tries to low ball ya

Very Easy Interview

Helpdesk Support Analyst Interview

Helpdesk Support Analyst
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Was forwarded an email from a co-worker at a previous position in setpemt 2005, sent in my resume, had a telephone interview, and got an offer letter in my email that day from the contracting company to work under contract-to hire. I started my training two and a half weeks later with very knowledgable trainers. After two years of working as a vendor contractor, I was offered a limited term employment (two one year contracts) leading to full-time employment.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions - all technical or telephone etiquette   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a substantail raise over what I was making (from $10/hr to $15/hr) so did not negogiate

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2011.

Interview Details – Good interviewers. However, interview process took over 45 days. Asked HP interviewer why process takes so long and he said that sometimes job reqs get canceled, or management wants to hold out for 'ideal' candiate.
Guess HP doesn't get too many 'ideal' candidates and I had different experience with DELL-from time of first call, to final interview, was 3 weeks with job offer/benefits, etc. I accepted DELL job. DELL seems to have a sense of urgency/action when hiring folks.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as trends in the technology marketplace ?   View Answer
  • Why do you want to work for HP ?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Took too long for HP to decide whether to offer the position, even though I was told that I was the ideal candidate.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!