Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – One interview! I felt like a king! Peanuts to most; HP flew in for a short get-to-know-ya meeting. I was qualified and seeking....the interviewer was most gracious and appeasing. After a flight with no lunch I was sure the quick scoot of the minutes meant a sure return to the unemployment lines! Ramen!!
HA! The interview was awesome! Past the hand shakes and "Hello" nods, we threw some computer jargon into technical tiramisu. Amped and re-booted I started Monday!

Interview Question – I did not expect a question of my loyalties to the San Jose Sharks!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Go to work or forfeit the quan!

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – 80% of the interview question is on soft skills and 20% of the interview question is job related.

Interview Question – how many petrol kiosk are there in your country   View Answer

Reason for Declining – long working hours

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired after I passed the phone interview.
The next interview was face to face - questions as ,,what can you tell me about our company,, ,,where did you get in tough with us,, ,,who buys the electrical in your family,, ,, what can you tell us about you,,
all this was followed by a written test.

Interview Question – The quiestions in my hireing test included information about economic terms, economic definitions.   Answer Question

Data Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2012.

Interview Details – It stated with a job-board posting, and then a phone interview. Everything was going fine until I didn't have the exact SQL (PL/SQL) versus all the other flavors of SQL I have used over the last 20+ years. I have PL/SQL from 2005, but they wanted a more recent. The phone interview was about 30 minutes until this question was posed. I didn't make a false claim on my resume or application. The phone interview ended very quickly and somewhat rudely.

Interview Question – What are your 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2009.

Interview Details – there was a lot of confusionas to the position they were hiring, i was called in for a interview for some opening that i too am not too sure, ( it was 5 years back) all i do remember is that , ihad to meet couple of people , and they inally came to me with an offer, which i accepted.

Interview Question – usual questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard Data Analyst interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.