Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Aguadilla, PR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very professional and gives you the opportunity to expose yourself as a professional.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – It was only a single 1 hour interview that took place in an adjacent room to the main lobby. This was an excellent no-BS interview that included questions of reasoning power, base applicable knowledge, and general resume questions. This interview was difficult but all of the questions seemed reasonable. I look forward to a long career at HP.

Interview Question – How many cows are there in Canada?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick and easy.

Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2013.

Interview Details – Had an interview through the career fair. Met with two representatives from Hewlett Packard. Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – Was very interested in examples of technical expertise   Answer Question

Rio Rancho, NM

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview took only an hour. Basically skill and behavioral.

Interview Question – What is RAID10, Raid 5, compare and differentiate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2012.

Interview Details – To be a large corporation, I found the process to be be very unorganized. I later found out that this was due to a lack of support staff. The hiring manager had to arrange most details himself. Layoff, off-shoring, and contractors had led to a severe reduction in work staff.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – It did not seem like a long term opportunity. HP has no long term plan to keep engineering jobs in the USA.

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screening then a face to face interview with 5 people on site

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Look at the written offer, before saying anything. Document your response.

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2008.

Interview Details – It was full of HR questions.
Why HP?
Why do you want to work with HP?
Those kind of questions.
NO idea on what basis they were selecting

Interview Question – Why HP?   Answer Question

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2008.

Interview Details – phone screen, individual phone conversation with hiring mgr, group interview, then interview with HR. phone call with offer, and mail.

Interview Question – how did you handle a disagreement with mgr or project team   View Answer

Reason for Declining – wasn't a good fit with what I was looking for

Very Easy Interview

Boise, ID

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2010.

Interview Details – Great company who sought me out to hire.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   View Answer
  • What would you do if a more experienced person programed in a horrible way and you had to work with them?   Answer Question

Roseville, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2010.

Interview Details – All communication took place through recruiter, except for interviews. It seemed like the company relied heavily on the recruiter making the initial checks. They seemed eager to hire.

Interview Question – Describe your weakest point   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The position did not seem to have enough management support. It looked like it would be a daily battle against co-workers, didn't see much chance for success or growth.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard Engineer interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.