Hewlett-Packard Engineering Interview Questions

2.9

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

It was only a single 1 hour interview that took place in an adjacent room to the main lobby. This was an excellent no-BS interview that included questions of reasoning power, base applicable knowledge, and general resume questions. This interview was difficult but all of the questions seemed reasonable. I look forward to a long career at HP.

Interview Questions

• How many cows are there in Canada?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick and easy.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2013.

Interview

Had an interview through the career fair. Met with two representatives from Hewlett Packard. Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Was very interested in examples of technical expertise   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

To be a large corporation, I found the process to be be very unorganized. I later found out that this was due to a lack of support staff. The hiring manager had to arrange most details himself. Layoff, off-shoring, and contractors had led to a severe reduction in work staff.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background. What do you like most about your current job?   Answer Question
    • What do you like least about your current job?   Answer Question

It did not seem like a long term opportunity. HP has no long term plan to keep engineering jobs in the USA.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Rio Rancho, NM) in July 2011.

Interview

Phone interview took only an hour. Basically skill and behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone screening then a face to face interview with 5 people on site

Interview Questions

• Salary requirements as well as current salary   Answer Question
    • work experience by time month by month (or at least quarterly)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Look at the written offer, before saying anything. Document your response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aguadilla, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Aguadilla, PR) in September 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was very professional and gives you the opportunity to expose yourself as a professional.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Vancouver, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted by the hiring manager by phone, and then a formal phone interview was set up. The formal phone interview was technical, and it lasted about 1 hour. An on-site interview was scheduled about 1 week later.
    The on-site interview lasted about 7 hours. Questions were technical.
    I was asked if I was a US citizen, which was referred as an illegal interview question by some websites. Combining with other questions asked during the interview, I felt like there was something subtle at HP.

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Roseville, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

All communication took place through recruiter, except for interviews. It seemed like the company relied heavily on the recruiter making the initial checks. They seemed eager to hire.

Interview Questions

• Describe your weakest point   1 Answer

The position did not seem to have enough management support. It looked like it would be a daily battle against co-workers, didn't see much chance for success or growth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID) in January 2010.

Interview

Great company who sought me out to hire.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a more experienced person programed in a horrible way and you had to work with them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Wayne, IN) in October 2008.

Interview

It was full of HR questions.
    Why HP?
    Why do you want to work with HP?
    Those kind of questions.
    NO idea on what basis they were selecting