Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vancouver, WA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by the hiring manager by phone, and then a formal phone interview was set up. The formal phone interview was technical, and it lasted about 1 hour. An on-site interview was scheduled about 1 week later.
The on-site interview lasted about 7 hours. Questions were technical.
I was asked if I was a US citizen, which was referred as an illegal interview question by some websites. Combining with other questions asked during the interview, I felt like there was something subtle at HP.

Interview Question – how do to deal with conflicts   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview which was reasonably technical. Onsite interview consisted of 4 1:1 interviews including lunch and a meeting with the hiring manager. Overall very professional. They were looking for a good balance of hands on experience and general acumen to see a project through.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Phone call from HR to gather basic details (education, working experience) before arranging group interview with Managers.
2. Met Managers for panel interview for 1 hours. Every questions is related to the working experience, knowledge on engineering / technical aspect, personality trait and life habit.
3. Whole process took two weeks.

Interview Question – Please draw a tree.   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – 1. Will have two interview
2. Question mainly in past experiences and engineer knowledge to the jobs apply
3. Take about one hour for each interview

Interview Question – What is your expectation for this job and what you can contribute   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interview is a too long process and takes many days. Also response from employer takes time.

Interview Question – Will a system works without a hard drive? will system works without memory?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was good. HR was very friendly.

Engineering

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2010.

Interview Details – There were a total of 7 interviews, from the hiring managers to the managers' of the cross-functional teams & peers, each lasting an hour to an hour & a half. The questions were wide-ranging, but mainly targeting at assessing one's personality, ability to undertake stress levels, aptitude & technical knowledge.

Interview Question – What would you do if you customer refuses to accept & agree to your response on an issue?   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview
1 on-site interview

Reason for Declining – the base salary offer did not meet expectation

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2010.

Interview Details – A panel of managers interviewed me, asking a variety of questions about things from my past experience on my resume to what "Customer Centric" meant to me.

Interview Question – If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really, the economy was pretty bad. I took the offer, but there would probably be more flexibility now.

Engineering

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2011.

Interview Details – My last interview lasted about 1 1/2 hours.Then I had to fill out all of the employment info, present a business plan, and take one hour telling about my skills with the hiring. The questions were about my changing of the companay, and experience that i adquire them.

Interview Questions

• Could you talk about your experience that you had with business case that you have done.   Answer Question
  • If you work in a big company, with benefits, Why do you want to leave the company   Answer Question

Engineer

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who asked if I was interested in a position. We were quick to establish a meeting time. The recruiter came to my campus and held the interview there. I was asked a couple of the standard behavioral questions. Then, we preceded to doing two technical questions. One software, and one hardware. The recruiter was very personable and was helpful during the interview process

Interview Question – What does this circuit do?   Answer Question