Hewlett-Packard

Getting the Interview

38 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2009.

Interview Details – i was contacted over xing if i interesstet on a new job. i had have a interview with a HP competitors, but they can´t offer me a better workplace, opportunities and salary like HP....so why i should leave HP ?

Interview Question – why you think that you are able to get a salary increase ?   View Answers (2)

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2008.

Interview Details – I got through the campus placement, so it was fairly easy for me to crack. I had a good academic record in college, and that helped a lot. Even though there was a lot of competitio from my peers. But it was a good experience.

Interview Question – About Inter process communication.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2010.

Interview Details – The company first contacted me, and the planning for the interview was excellent. The interviewer in the end realized my work authorization status isn't permanent, which is mainly why I didn't get the offer.

Interview Question – Are you a permanent resident?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2010.

Interview Details – I met an employee who submitted my name to a hiring manager who then called me and did a brief phone interview and set up a time for me to come in and interview with his team. I was interviewed by three members of his team and by him. All interviewers were courteous and professional and had some tough technical questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not enough money

Engineering Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring mgr wasn't the decision maker and I had to interview with 5 other people and they could care less about spending any time interviewing, I felt like I was interrupting their day. The questions asked had little to do with the area of work and one of the mgrs was extremely arrogant. Overall, not a positive experience. I intentionally did not follow up.

Interview Questions

• Do you know any of the people who work in this dept?   View Answer
  • What makes you think you are qualified to work here?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2009.

Interview Details – We spoke for a while about general stuff. Then he gave me a written exam and left the room and allowed me to take it. When I finished I called him to come back and we went over it together. He told me that he thought I was more skilled to work with the physicists than as an engineer.

Interview Question – I don't remember.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

Interview Details – was nice interview excellent .just talk about my previous jobs ,second day the offer come .

Interview Question – which port SNMP use   View Answer

Engineer

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2008.

Interview Details – it was easy and casual. The interview was a short phone interview and the interviewer was very helpful and accommodating. My offer came quick through email and mail and I accepted. They gave a relocation bonus which was really nice but I would have rather had them give housing for interns.

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult situations?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Bedok New Town (Singapore)

The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2010.

Interview Details – The whole process from the initial communication to the interview itself was not too formal. The interview was mostly a one to one interview by the direct supervisor himself for a duration roughly around one hour. There wasn't really any structure to it and the questions can come and go as they needed.

Interview Question – How would you persuade someone to sell you a commodity and not to your competitors?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Interview Details – Mostly just questions about my resume and about why I thought I was a good fit.

Interview Question – Why are you the right fit for this job.   Answer Question