Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Finance Programs Manager Interview
I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2011.
This was an interview for an internal position, open only to current employees. Consisted of five 30 minute phone calls, each with 6-10 questions. The focus was to understand my background (qualify me), gauge my interest (would I accept), transition time considerations and job expectations.
In every case the call started 2-10 minutes late, one of them was rescheduled 3 times
In every case the interviews ran long into the next time
In every case the interviewer used up all but the last minute or two
In every case I was forced to type out my questions to get feedback because additional time later was not available.
The hiring manager told me I made the short list to be one of two candidates but once he decided, I did not get a phone call with the bad news, instead he sent me a late night 'bad news' email. That one still stings a little.
1) Have you ever been asked to do anything by a manager you know to be an incorrect approach (not illegal) and what did you do about it?
2) When you are asked to complete a task in what you know is an impossible timeline, what do you do?
3) Describe your personal style for getting your work done and is that style different when collaborating, why?
4) What was your greatest disappointment at HP and how did you deal with it?
5) How quickly can you cut the ties to your current job and start this job if you are selected.
6) Would you consider moving yourself to Houston to make yourself a better internal candidate?
If internal candidates experience this kind of treatment, this total lack of calendar integrity or consideration for the candidate, I can only imagine how new hire candidates must view this company.
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard
- Software Engineer (104)
- Business Analyst (50)
- Project Manager (43)
- Senior Software Engineer (39)
- Technical Consultant (30)
- Financial Analyst (27)
- Technical Support Engineer (27)
- Software Developer (26)
- Intern (25)
- Engineering (22)
- Technology Consultant (20)
- Engineer (17)
- Sales Representative (15)
- Program Manager (15)
- Solutions Architect (14)
- Account Manager (14)
- Inside Sales Representative (14)
- Systems Engineer (13)
- Marketing Manager (12)
- Hardware Engineer (11)
- Process Associate (11)
- Analyst (10)
- Manager (10)
- Consultant (10)
- Systems Administrator (9)
- Senior Business Analyst (9)
- IT Analyst (9)
- IT Project Manager (9)
- Sales Manager (8)
- Technology Consultant I (8)