Hewlett-Packard

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2014.

Interview Details – Multiple phone interviews, one on site interview

Interview Question – Run through most complex excel file you created   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated salary using other offers

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – campus recruiting... had a phone interview, in person on college campus, then "super day" at the job site with 4 interviews

Interview Question – specific financials   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Basic behavior questions with HR. Why choose your MBA program? Tell me a time when you have to do multi tasks.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2012.

Interview Details – HP Managers are no longer trained on how to interview, so you can get a mixed bag. Generally they do behavioral interviews and ask for examples. Many managers have their staff interview you as well (your potential co-workers) They usually have no training in interviewing at all. They are looking to see if you'll fit in with their team.

Interview Question – I was once asked "if you were a tree, what kind would you be?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Unless you are upper management or sales, HP is not likely to negotiate. HP has been known to withdraw offers if a candidate asked for a salary outside the range the manager had in mind. I managed at HP, and we were allowed to offer up to 80% of the midpoint of the salary range.

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – On campus interview (OCI). Interview and employees were very professional and the process was fairly straightforward. After OCI, the company made a decision within a week.

Interview Question – Combination of behavioral and technical. Technical pretty straightforward - CF/NPV Analysis and basic Income Statement questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted offer from another company.

Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2011.

Interview Details – Got my first contact through some alumni and had very good conversations to learn about the company. Recruiters are very open and genuinely interested. Received invitation to interview shortly after. Interviews are very comprehensive. The second round was at the company site. There was a reception the night before where many employees volunteer to be there to help talk to candidates. They were very friendly and helpful in answering questions about the company. Interviews day was well organized with not only interviews but also presentations, tours and lunch with more employees. It felt not only the company was assessing the candidates but they also provided plenty of opportunities for candidates to get to know the company.

Interview Question – How many telephone poles are there between here and San Francisco?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Open and fair.

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – I went through on-campus recruiting. The first round interview was incredibly generic and almost entirely behavioral. There were a handful of simple accounting questions but no in-depth requests or difficult logic problems to solve. The second round interview occurs on site. Each candidate sits at a designated table. You are interviewed by 3 different managers individually. They rotate and move to your table (like speed dating). 95% behavioral. A handful of simple accounting questions.

Interview Question – nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not attempt negotiation

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed by management and SME's, had a series of calls with several stakeholders to assess my skills

Interview Question – Database knowledgeq   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hard to negotiate a fair salary

Pontiac, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2012.

Interview Details – got a call for HR screening and received invitation for in person interview few days later. interview was very casual...mostly fit questions. none technical. strait fwd process tbh

Interview Question – tell me about ur self   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2011.

Interview Details – The first round composed of simple experience/personality questions. The second round is a lot more comprehensive with similar type questions. The second round takes a day, and the first round takes about 45 minutes. If the company is interested, you should be hearing back in a week.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where the things did not turn out to be what you had expected, how did you react to the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company sent me the offer, I accepted it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.