Hewlett-Packard

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

This was the behavioral interview. It was only 15 questions long and delt with your past experience and how you handled certain situations. It wasnt hard at all. It took about 45 minutes

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

This is the typical MBA hire process:
    1) on Campus: Alumni employee will present and collect resumes
    2) Candidates shortlisted for 1st round on campus interview, usually one 45 min 1 on 1 interview with general IQ questions, technical area questions and behavioral questions
    3) Invited to company headquarter for more interviews. This is a 1 to 1.5 day process, including open house to mingle and interact with some senior leaders, 3 30-min 1 on 1 interviews of similar style and a brief tour.
    4) Decision made.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected: How many telephone poles are there from here to San Francisco?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Was contacted by recruiter and quick phone screen on qualifications and salary requirements. Was then set up for face to face with two managers. Questions mostly behavior and the usual tell me about you background, why hp etc. Very friendly environment.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you handled customer complaint?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

campus recruiting... had a phone interview, in person on college campus, then "super day" at the job site with 4 interviews

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2014.

Multiple phone interviews, one on site interview

Interview Questions
    Negotiated salary using other offers

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Basic behavior questions with HR. Why choose your MBA program? Tell me a time when you have to do multi tasks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2013.

I was contacted via telephone by the division manager for an interview. From submitting the application to getting the phone call was about 5-6 weeks. The interview was structured so that I saw two managers in the morning, had lunch with two team members, and saw two more managers in the afternoon. The interviews were all one-on-one and pretty typical.

Interview Questions
    • How many power poles are there between Seattle and Portland?   View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

On campus interview (OCI). Interview and employees were very professional and the process was fairly straightforward. After OCI, the company made a decision within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Combination of behavioral and technical. Technical pretty straightforward - CF/NPV Analysis and basic Income Statement questions.   Answer Question

Accepted offer from another company.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

I went through on-campus recruiting. The first round interview was incredibly generic and almost entirely behavioral. There were a handful of simple accounting questions but no in-depth requests or difficult logic problems to solve. The second round interview occurs on site. Each candidate sits at a designated table. You are interviewed by 3 different managers individually. They rotate and move to your table (like speed dating). 95% behavioral. A handful of simple accounting questions.

did not attempt negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2012.

HP Managers are no longer trained on how to interview, so you can get a mixed bag. Generally they do behavioral interviews and ask for examples. Many managers have their staff interview you as well (your potential co-workers) They usually have no training in interviewing at all. They are looking to see if you'll fit in with their team.

Interview Questions
    • I was once asked "if you were a tree, what kind would you be?"   View Answer
    No negotiation. Unless you are upper management or sales, HP is not likely to negotiate. HP has been known to withdraw offers if a candidate asked for a salary outside the range the manager had in mind. I managed at HP, and we were allowed to offer up to 80% of the midpoint of the salary range.