Hewlett-Packard Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID).

Interview

Interview process consisted if six separate interviews - with mix of managers and individual contributors. All did a great job of describing the team environment and aspects if the job. Questions were focused on prior experience at my previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where I had to compromise for the better good of a team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

They came to my campus, and there was an initial screening interview of 30 minutes with a senior-level employee. I got offered a second round on the spot at the interview, and the second round took place about a week later at the campus. The second round was an all-day event that involved four separate 45 minute interviews with senior level employees. Got the offer call 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Here's a list of transactions on the white board: make a balance sheet and income statement?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

General behavior questions; people are friendly and professional; a good learning process; try to learn about the company culture beforehand, and large product portfolio. have a point of view on how you would like to contribute in a long run.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

This was the behavioral interview. It was only 15 questions long and delt with your past experience and how you handled certain situations. It wasnt hard at all. It took about 45 minutes

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

This is the typical MBA hire process:
    1) on Campus: Alumni employee will present and collect resumes
    2) Candidates shortlisted for 1st round on campus interview, usually one 45 min 1 on 1 interview with general IQ questions, technical area questions and behavioral questions
    3) Invited to company headquarter for more interviews. This is a 1 to 1.5 day process, including open house to mingle and interact with some senior leaders, 3 30-min 1 on 1 interviews of similar style and a brief tour.
    4) Decision made.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected: How many telephone poles are there from here to San Francisco?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter and quick phone screen on qualifications and salary requirements. Was then set up for face to face with two managers. Questions mostly behavior and the usual tell me about you background, why hp etc. Very friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled customer complaint?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

campus recruiting... had a phone interview, in person on college campus, then "super day" at the job site with 4 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Austin, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

One on campus interview followed by a phone interview about a week later. The in person interviewer was a finance manager from the Houston office outside of the group I interned for. The phone interview was with somebody in the group I worked for. It took a few weeks after the phone interview to get the offer, which was emailed through their HR system.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, one on site interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated salary using other offers

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Basic behavior questions with HR. Why choose your MBA program? Tell me a time when you have to do multi tasks.