Hewlett-Packard

Hewlett-Packard Firmware Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Firmware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Phone screen with manager of group followed by half-dozen interviews with current engineering employees. Basic skills test, questions about past experience

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unusual, just questions about my experience level and general qualifications   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2010.

A bunch of hiring managers stopped by to talk with me, we had lunch together, and at the end of the day a few of the managers had offers. It feels like it's been a while since HP has hired people on, but this new way of doing things was pretty painless.

Interview Questions
    • Given a selection of assembly language code, describe the function you're seeing's purpose.   Answer Question
    • If you have two devices that can interrupt your program and you want to give priority and atomicity to one of the processes over the other, but you cannot use a semaphore or mutex, how would you do it?   View Answers (3)
    I didn't negotiate, due to the crummy market at the time (2010). I lowballed my asking price too, but they greatly exceeded it, so I'm happy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2010.

One day, 7 interviews. Very busy day and tough to stay focused for so long. The atmosphere itself is tense with little humor. Lunch with a manager and extensive technical interviews as well as a behavior and management interview

Interview Questions
    • Difference between and abstract class and an interface   View Answer

Firmware Engineer Interview

Had a phone interview, then scheduled an on-campus interview at the end. The day consisted of 3 interviews and a lunch. First interview was with two senior engineers, then two other members of the team, and finally the product engineer. The lunch was with the manager and two recently hired members. They were all friendly, and the work environment seemed relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • Write code that will find if there is a loop in a linked list.   Answer Question