Hewlett-Packard GlobalSoft Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

Info Developer Interview

Interview

Central level interview, first resume will go to central team and schedule the interview based on availability of interviewer. Depends on the candidate skill and experience will vary the questions.

Technical Consultant Interview

Interview

Technical interview is rigorous. They recognize technical competence well. However, if you slip in one or two questions, it's not penalized as heavily as some other companies do. As long as you are well prepared, there is nothing much to worry about.

Interview Questions

• What was it that you learnt and managed successfully without outside help.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard GlobalSoft (Southborough, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

first round was the on-campus interview, around 1 hour. The leader just ask about some basic java programming algorithms, and a designing question for OOdesign, and asked one my course project.
    second round was phone interview by HR, just some behavior questions, and talk about compensation.
    last was on-site, there're 7 rounds, 4 hours, each round is 30 minute, with one or two programming question and some question about jvm, operating system. the coding questions are easy, but I didn;t prepare too much for jvm internals...and I think this is optional, but they made me to prepare a presentation to discuss my master thesis, there're 6 developers on board and keep asking you questions..

Interview Questions

• how to divide an array to 3 stack, and any optimizations   Answer Question
    • can you think of 5 scenarios that same program and same input, bu different output returned   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard GlobalSoft (Franklin, TN) in February 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted by e-team. Interviewed with e-team by phone and email. On site interview with HP in Franklin, TN. One 1:1 interview. Was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult data table you have worked with?   1 Answer
    • Understood that I was interviewing for one position, but actually it was two. HP asked me to make a choice.   1 Answer

IT Helpdesk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard GlobalSoft (Cyberjaya (Malaysia)) in May 2015.

Interview

first, a test was given to every candidate, after past the test is one on one interview session. the interview was short around 20 minutes, interviewer asked about knowledge regarding latest technology.

Interview Questions

• Make a role play with the interviewer regarding the to the job scope.   Answer Question

Campain Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard GlobalSoft.

Interview

7 interviews in all. Done by people at different levels. HR was the last round. People are open curious and want to know you as an individual and judge your ability not necessarily only through relevance of experience.

Interview Questions

• Situations were given and I was asked to explain what would be my most natural reaction or how would I handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not negotiate.

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard GlobalSoft.

Interview

Good. Results given immediately. Interviewers very friendly. Questions are according to the position applied.
    Had a written test covering data structures, OS concepts, C, puzzles etc
    Few people (around 15) short listed
    Had 3 rounds of technical interview after this - Not so difficult, but intelligence testing questions.

Interview Questions

Interview

through campus placements at Osmania University. A written test to start with, followed by a technical interview and the last round was an HR interview. I was offered a role at about 1230 in the night

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard GlobalSoft (Bangalore (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process was quite smooth and the Interviewer was very friendly with sound technical Knowledge but I must admit that the overall Hiring process can be much better and transparent.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific., Interview was easy to crack, you just need to be confident.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just move on with HP.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

HR screening call, multiple technical interviews, HR offer, confirmation
    You will be screened to understand the genuine interest in HP, then your eligibility, work experience. it will be very cordial though. HP as i said, is a great company

Interview Questions

• your present job related, how it relates to new job at HP   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation