Hewlett-Packard

3.7

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Applied online for this position. I was called and went through two phone interviews prior to being contacted by an HP HR person to schedule a face-to-face interview. At that time, I did not realize the interview would be conducted at a "Career" day at the local university. I accepted and attended the interview; however, it was a very unstructured event. The two nice gentlemen who interviewed me had no idea what position I had applied for or had been scheduled to interview for a specific position. They were very thorough on general topics and very willing to share information and experiences about HP and the employment process.

Interview Questions
  • Asked general personality/skills questions. Nothing specific.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Hardware Engineer Interview

I work in china hp before.

Interview Questions
    • I don't know how to provide the information. china is different with us when interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

4-5 people interview. Basic level to advance topics in the field. Try to show that you can solve by working in team environment. Some folks have subject matter from fundamental level.

Interview Questions
    Long time back with there was not much job around.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Recruiting team (from HR) makes the initial contact. Sometimes the candidate's information is given directly to the hiring manager. The hiring manager or a member of the technical recruiting team might do a phone screen to see if the candidate qualifies for an on-site interview. Normally the phone screen lasts about 1 hour, and will ask the candidate to solve problems pertaining to the job (physical design, verification, validation, etc.) also, some basic electrical engineering concepts will be asked at this point. If the phone screen person perceives the candidate has performed well during the phone screen, the candidate will be invited to an on-site interview with a team. This interview normally takes the whole day with 5 or 6 1-hour interviews. Each interview will address 2 to 6 technical questions in the areas of Basic Electrical Engineering concepts, physical design/functional design/verification, Computer Engineering, Design for Test, Validation. Lunch hour with the interview team will be part of the day and if the interview process has gone well, the candidate might also interview with or meet someone from upper management, at which point management looks for leadership, drive, self-motivation, etc. qualities in a candidate. The team then reviews their impressions and either recommend or not the candidate for a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the Basic Electrical Engineering questions are the most difficult during the process because they tend to have a "trick", something that will make you think past just knowing Ohms Law or the circuit in question. Often there is a variable that makes the problem different that it appears at first look. They want to know how observant you are about these details, and how you can drive to a solution. Even if your answer is wrong (it often is) they are testing for your thought process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2012.

Questions on resume.
    Can you explain me your project?
    What's inside computer? Questions on PCI, Signal Integrity.
    BIOS questions.
    Diff between BJT and FET.
    Questions on PCB design

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2012.

I applied online through the website and got a call back within 1-2 weeks. After the initial screening, I was set up with a technical interview that was around 45 minutes long. There was a lot of questions regarding my past projects as well as material I learned in my coursework. Although the position was entry level, it felt like the constant barrage of questions required a more seasoned engineer or at least someone with some internship experience. Everything on your resume is fair game, so make sure you know the ins and outs of each thing you put on there. The interviewer will dig like there's no tomorrow...

Interview Questions
    • What is the chipset of the motherboard in your computer that you're using?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2011.

The interview was for an entry level new graduate position in digital hardware design. Previous to the interview I had been told there would be a technical evaluation and I should have a pen and paper.

The first 30 minutes were a basic personality test and the last hour and a half was technical. I was asked 5 technical questions, 3 regarding digital design (designing a flip flop, microprocessor architecture, etc) and 2 with analog design (op amp assumptions, op amp transfer functions, RC transfer functions).

Having interviewed at other places with 'technical' interviews I was not quite ready for this one. Review and make clear the fundamentals that you learned freshman/sophomore year and you'll do fine. Sad I didn't prepare properly :(

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2010.

Phone interview- Basic thought process questions and a few broad technical questions. Mainly interested to see how you think.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what happens when you click a button on your mouse. (hardware switches, data flow, software interpretation, etc.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heredia (Costa Rica)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heredia (Costa Rica)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2011.

Three interviews. The first was human resources, was a soft interview. Second interview was by phone and was technical about Linux, C++ and some soft skills, 30-60 min long. The third interview had 3 fases, the first with the manager and HR (soft skills), second about electrical engineering knowledge (mainly ASIC) and the third about programming and logic, the questions was mainly related to C++.

Interview Questions
    • About pointer and references in C++. Very detailed questions   Answer Question
    They showed me the salary and I accept it

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2010.

The company first contacted me by the hiring manager giving me a call and speaking to me on the phone for about 45 minutes. He clearly wanted to get a sense of my personality and background. He asked a number of general questions about my life, school etc. and stated at the beginning of the phone call that a technical interview would be for a future date. It was very positive and upbeat.

Our conversation was followed by a group technical interview that was also conducted over the phone. This interview tested basic knowledge of electrical engineering principals and knowledge of some current day technoligies that are in use (i.e. PCI-Express). I was than flown out for all day interviews with the hiring managers and many of the people on the team I would be joining. It was a long process but throughout the entire process, everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • What would you use to keep the output phase on a digital signal locked with respect to the input.   Answer Question