Hewlett-Packard

2.8

72 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2013.

I went through three interviews; one with the to-be-boss and two with technical members of the team. The questions focused on targeting my preferences, experience, and expertise. Questions from the boss were non-technical and were mostly about my interests. Questions from the technical members of the team were technical questions about my expertise and about my relevant experience (e.g. projects I have done and what my roles were).

Interview Questions
    • If your team had to make a decision in which you disagreed with most of them, what would you likely do? Would you argue for your point or go with the majority?   View Answer

Systems/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2014.

I applied online for the position as an intern about a month before I graduated. I got a phone call a few weeks after saying they were really interested in me. Unfortunately once I said I was about to graduate, the guy said I no longer could take an internship position with them because I qualified as a new hire. So if you're still taking classes and have 1-2 years before graduating I suggest you apply to the internship positions with them.

Interview Questions
    • Did not get to the questions due to not qualifying for the internship, but he did ask about my technical background and previous work I had done.   Answer Question

Inventory Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2011.

Hired process is a joke. Supervisors tell the employees who are interviewing what to say and how to answer question. The employess are hand picked, which are employees who know little or anything about the work process. They are just picked because they kiss up to the Supervisor.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. You take the pay and they tell you, you will get a raise lately and you don't. yearly pay raise are maybe 20 cents.

Software Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2014.

Got my interview via a recruiting agency. Process was fast for the scheduling. Very casual. Just background experience related questions. Supposed to have a technical assignment after the interview but ended up not getting one.

IT Developer/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2013.

Great Company! But the interview process was a little weird. Hewlett-Packard came to my college campus for interviews and recruiting where I interviewed for the first time for a Supply Chain position at the Houston Campus. It was a really good interview, I felt confident and the interviewer was very kind. I did not receive a call back after a week or two so I decided to email my interviewer letting him know how much I enjoyed talking with him about HP and how excited I was at the prospect of being considered. He emailed me back saying he would pass around my resume to other managers in hopes that they would need someone like me. That was a little discouraging since I suppose he had decided he didn't want to hire me, but a few days later I received a random call from another Manager at HP who was hiring IT Developer's at the Houston campus. I was in IT hardware support at the time so I was really excited about talking with him. He told me he was looking to hire individuals who might be capable, and that maybe we could meet up at the campus in Houston when I was coming into town for another interview that weekend. I thought that was fantastic! I was really pumped and excited about it when I received another random phone call from the same manager the morning of my drive to Houston for another interview with an offer for the job in Houston. I was so excited I accepted and cancelled my interview in Houston that morning.

So that's the story of how the interview process went for me, the second interview required no in depth questioning, not very many technical questions, I suppose they just kind of took me at my word which I thought was great. I was so used to super crazy in-depth interviewing from so many companies it was refreshing to be so easily brought in to work by such a great company. So I've been here since January 2014 and I've really enjoyed it. At first I was skeptical since the hiring process was so easy but I've learned so so much. And I feel confident in my IT and programming skills (which I had very little of when I started at this position). It's a great company to work for, especially out of college. They pay well too which is great! I'm a happy camper here so if you get an offer, I suggest you take it and run.

Good luck in the job search! You'll find one. Just be patient and fierce.

I didn't negotiate because I was so excited to be offered a job. I think the offer was more than fair.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2013.

Was supposed to be on campus interview then final round of interviews at the Houston office. Instead, the first on campus interview was cancelled, and had several phone interviews before receiving an invitation for a rescheduled on campus interview. The final round of interview in Houston was composed of roughly 5-6 people.

No negotiations

Financial Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2010.

Got an interview during a National Career Conference-Interviewed on-site
    Got called to a group interview, got flown down to Houston campus with several others. Panel/Dancing chairs type interview with 3 Sr Managers. Asked mainly about experience and behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a situation where you made a big impact/change in your group/organization   Answer Question
    Didnt Negotiate offer was beyond my expectations

Marketing Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Really need a connection inside to pull you through the process. Otherwise it is standard interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particularly difficult. It pays to take the offensive with strong questions of the interviewer.   Answer Question
    Pretty easy - offer and counter offer and done.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2014.

Multiple phone interviews, one on site interview

Interview Questions
    Negotiated salary using other offers

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Pre-screening with HR. Followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. If you make the short list, then you are called in for an on-site interview with 4-6 people

Interview Questions
    • Interview was casual and questions were around experience and hypothetical situations.   Answer Question
    HR asked me for expected salary, I put forward a number. and thats what the offer was.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!