Hewlett-Packard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Testing Interview

Software Testing
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2014.

Interview Details – Got my interview via a recruiting agency. Process was fast for the scheduling. Very casual. Just background experience related questions. Supposed to have a technical assignment after the interview but ended up not getting one.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

IT Developer/Engineer Interview

IT Developer/Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2013.

Interview Details – Great Company! But the interview process was a little weird. Hewlett-Packard came to my college campus for interviews and recruiting where I interviewed for the first time for a Supply Chain position at the Houston Campus. It was a really good interview, I felt confident and the interviewer was very kind. I did not receive a call back after a week or two so I decided to email my interviewer letting him know how much I enjoyed talking with him about HP and how excited I was at the prospect of being considered. He emailed me back saying he would pass around my resume to other managers in hopes that they would need someone like me. That was a little discouraging since I suppose he had decided he didn't want to hire me, but a few days later I received a random call from another Manager at HP who was hiring IT Developer's at the Houston campus. I was in IT hardware support at the time so I was really excited about talking with him. He told me he was looking to hire individuals who might be capable, and that maybe we could meet up at the campus in Houston when I was coming into town for another interview that weekend. I thought that was fantastic! I was really pumped and excited about it when I received another random phone call from the same manager the morning of my drive to Houston for another interview with an offer for the job in Houston. I was so excited I accepted and cancelled my interview in Houston that morning.

So that's the story of how the interview process went for me, the second interview required no in depth questioning, not very many technical questions, I suppose they just kind of took me at my word which I thought was great. I was so used to super crazy in-depth interviewing from so many companies it was refreshing to be so easily brought in to work by such a great company. So I've been here since January 2014 and I've really enjoyed it. At first I was skeptical since the hiring process was so easy but I've learned so so much. And I feel confident in my IT and programming skills (which I had very little of when I started at this position). It's a great company to work for, especially out of college. They pay well too which is great! I'm a happy camper here so if you get an offer, I suggest you take it and run.

Good luck in the job search! You'll find one. Just be patient and fierce.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because I was so excited to be offered a job. I think the offer was more than fair.

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2013.

Interview Details – Was supposed to be on campus interview then final round of interviews at the Houston office. Instead, the first on campus interview was cancelled, and had several phone interviews before receiving an invitation for a rescheduled on campus interview. The final round of interview in Houston was composed of roughly 5-6 people.

Interview Question – What is Free Cash Flow (FCF)?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Financial Analyst III Interview

Financial Analyst III
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2010.

Interview Details – Got an interview during a National Career Conference-Interviewed on-site
Got called to a group interview, got flown down to Houston campus with several others. Panel/Dancing chairs type interview with 3 Sr Managers. Asked mainly about experience and behavioral questions

Interview Question – Talk about a situation where you made a big impact/change in your group/organization   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didnt Negotiate offer was beyond my expectations

Marketing Program Manager Interview

Marketing Program Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Really need a connection inside to pull you through the process. Otherwise it is standard interview process.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult. It pays to take the offensive with strong questions of the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty easy - offer and counter offer and done.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2014.

Interview Details – Multiple phone interviews, one on site interview

Interview Question – Run through most complex excel file you created   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated salary using other offers

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Pre-screening with HR. Followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. If you make the short list, then you are called in for an on-site interview with 4-6 people

Interview Question – Interview was casual and questions were around experience and hypothetical situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR asked me for expected salary, I put forward a number. and thats what the offer was.

Sales FIN Manager Interview

Sales FIN Manager
Houston, TX

I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had three four ointerviews. With manager, with sales VPs, one with a manager that would be a collegue, and finally with the VP , manager of my manager. Questions were general.
Perhaps it made it easier that I have a long career at HP. So it is very simple for management to access my records and performance.

Interview Question – I do not remember a difficult one   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Mfg Server Test Tech Interview

Mfg Server Test Tech
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2012.

Interview Details – Contact Contract Company, there are many.

Interview Question – None, process was easy. Qualifications were very low.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – First offered me $8.00 an hr. I said no, I wanted at least $18.00 which they used to pay,
so finally I accepted for $13.00.

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2010.

Interview Details – Initial emai, followup phone call and F2F interview.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult assignment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary & Benefist

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!