Hewlett-Packard

2.8

75 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior BOM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

I was initially brought on as a contractor with possibility of a permanent position. HP is a big company with many buildings & corridors, so know where you are going prior to your interview. I believe my interview went really well. The hiring manager brought in 3 more of her team members to interview me at the same time with her in a conference room. I was a little nervous with 4 people being in there, but all were very nice & personable. Each team member had a different responsibility in her group, so they all asked me questions pertaining to my position and how I could help each of their responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • What additional core values can you & your expertise bring to our group in notebook service?   Answer Question
    I worked with a recruiter for an hourly wage since I was hired on initially as a contractor.

Software Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2014.

Got my interview via a recruiting agency. Process was fast for the scheduling. Very casual. Just background experience related questions. Supposed to have a technical assignment after the interview but ended up not getting one.

Systems/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2014.

I applied online for the position as an intern about a month before I graduated. I got a phone call a few weeks after saying they were really interested in me. Unfortunately once I said I was about to graduate, the guy said I no longer could take an internship position with them because I qualified as a new hire. So if you're still taking classes and have 1-2 years before graduating I suggest you apply to the internship positions with them.

Interview Questions
    • Did not get to the questions due to not qualifying for the internship, but he did ask about my technical background and previous work I had done.   Answer Question

Marketing Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Really need a connection inside to pull you through the process. Otherwise it is standard interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particularly difficult. It pays to take the offensive with strong questions of the interviewer.   Answer Question
    Pretty easy - offer and counter offer and done.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Pre-screening with HR. Followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. If you make the short list, then you are called in for an on-site interview with 4-6 people

Interview Questions
    • Interview was casual and questions were around experience and hypothetical situations.   Answer Question
    HR asked me for expected salary, I put forward a number. and thats what the offer was.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2014.

Multiple phone interviews, one on site interview

Interview Questions
    Negotiated salary using other offers

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Opportunities are often made known through your network at this level. Your reputation and past business contributions are essential in finding a leadership role in this company. There were five total interviews - with the hiring VP and his peers and his SVP manager

Interview Questions
    • What makes you the best fit for this role?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2014.

Ask multiple questions about the information that was on resume. Such as work experience, leadership skills, and relevant projects. It was the normal HR questions.
    The interviewer was very personal, and seem generally interested in what in the projects I completed.
    I also asked a ton of questions, and he was very knowledgable.

Interview Questions
    • Computer Engineering technical questions such as the difference between a 64 bit and 32 bit processor.
      Draw the computer architecture

Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Applied online for this position. I was called and went through two phone interviews prior to being contacted by an HP HR person to schedule a face-to-face interview. At that time, I did not realize the interview would be conducted at a "Career" day at the local university. I accepted and attended the interview; however, it was a very unstructured event. The two nice gentlemen who interviewed me had no idea what position I had applied for or had been scheduled to interview for a specific position. They were very thorough on general topics and very willing to share information and experiences about HP and the employment process.

Interview Questions
    • Asked general personality/skills questions. Nothing specific.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

I can take longer than expected. Comany usually goes under hirinf freeze periods that can affect your application process. You can expect multy level interviews over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do in a regular weekend day?   View Answer