Hewlett-Packard

9 interviews

3.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2012.

Expect many layers and there is a high possibilitg of reschedules. You will most likely get the recruiter first over the phone and later the manager on the phone. The it can be a panel or a series of others inperson. Then lastly an interview with the hiring manager's manager.

Interview Questions
  • Most questions are not technical so to speak unless you are applying for very technical position like Unix or SAN or DBA. Prep for behavioral type questions.   Answer Question
Salary is your only negotiation point. All other benefits are by the book. There is a ceiling to salary negotiations like everyone else but HP ceiling is much lower. So be aware your wiggle room is small.

HP is meeting intensive so be flexible in reschedules.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2009.

They do a round robin scenario based interview. They typically will have 2-3 people in each interview and you might do4-6 interviews in a day. In each interview, they are looking for different things, traits, experiences, etc.

Interview Questions
    • They are all scenario based. Research behavioral interview process on the internet for more info.   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase was 2-3 day process. Nothing abnormal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Hiring process intense. First phone interview and initial face-to-face meeting were 3 months apart. Hiring manager interview was 4 hours. Subsequent team meetings with 6 team members, mostly phone interviews were scheduled over the course of two weeks. Each team member reviewed a specific section or technology listed on resume as well as each experience working with previous employers.

Interview Questions
    • Given specific data, design most efficient database schema and present.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2012.

I met the recruiters at a career fair, and was told to sign up for an interview right then and there. The interview was not difficult. We went through my resume, and he asked typical questions (i.e "What experiences have you gained that have helped get to where you are right now?")

Interview Questions
    • What were some things you didn't like about being in this position?   View Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I interviewed online. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2012.

Very slow process. It can take up to 1 year.

IT Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Hiring and interview process consist of multiple rounds .
    First round consist of introduction than if qualified goes to Group discussion .
    Once clearing GD will contain 3-4 technical rounds.

Interview Questions
    • would be does matter it will be difficult but i have seen candidates who are very confused if we ask them why do you want to join hp , were you will see yourself after 5 years.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2009.

There was a hiring agency that ran some intelligence tests and personality tests. I got the result in about one hour, and having scored ok I got to a face to face meeting. We had a discussion about expectations, team work, etc. After about 1 week I was called by the HP manager for an interview. This one was very ok and relaxed.

IT Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2008.

HP is heavily comprised of technical managers so being knowledgeable in your field is a requirement. You'll get extra points for having certifications for processes or standards as HP used to be a "shoot-from-the-hip" organization and they realize that doesn't work anymore. Be personable and dress appropriately for the position. If it is an entry or highly technical position that isn't customer facing then you may be able to get by without a jacket (but you better be a standout). Don't look like a high-end businessman if you are looking for any technical position, that turns off most HP managers.

Interview Questions
    • Out of the many standards and certifications existing in this specific field, which one do you believe is the more appropriate and one you follow?   View Answer
    It depends on the manager. Ask them some questions to determine how aggressive they are and how long they have been at HP and at their position. Ask about their boss and their relationship as that will be the determining factor in whether the manager has the ability to ask for additional benefits and if he will get support.

IT Analyst Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2010.

They called after a week that I had sent in my CV. The first interview was with 2 project managers, the second interview was with a Senior Project Manager. Each interview had three parts, First I had to describe myself, next they had a few questions for me, lastly, I could ask them questions about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a stressful situation and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    Look over the contract and ask as many questions as possible

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!