Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2011.

Interview Details – asked about previous sales exp. asked what i would do with angry customers and how can I effectively sale over the phone.

Interview Question – What is your best sales exp and tell me how you overcame objection?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – base plus commission and non negotiable unless you have a Master's Degree

Conway, AR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied on HP.com and several weeks later got a call from a recruiter. After 3 weeks and 2 interviews I had already started.

Interview Question – lack of information.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. They had a take it or leave it offer.

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – Phone interviews. They take forever to get back to you as any large company, lots of red tape.

Interview Question – The role play was definitely most difficult   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They took too long to get back to me.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2013.

Interview Details – Usually 3 rounds with a telephone, 1-on-1, then group interview.

Interview Question – Why do you deserve the job?   Answer Question

Rio Rancho, NM

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with three people; asked the hard sales questions. You need to be confident of your skills and abilities.

Interview Question – What would make you quit?   Answer Question

Conway, AR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted via phone for a real time phone interview, two weeks after applying online. Standard questions.

Interview Questions

Inside Sales

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview was basic and ask details about previous experience and whether or not position would be a good fit.

Interview Question – what do people say about you as a worker when your name comes up in a discussion.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much room for negotiation

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!