Hewlett-Packard

Updated Dec 31, 2014

2.9

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Representative Interview

My friend who already accepted an offer to work as an inside sales rep, referred my name to a recruiter. I was contacted promptly via email a few days after this. A phone interview was setup with the recruiter. The interview lasted approximately 40 minutes. The main objective was to explain what was expected for inside sales reps.
After this interview the recruiter arranged a panel interview with 2 mangers. During this interview they asked a few questions to test my knowledge of the field I was pursuing.
I was asked to preform a mock sales scenario. They asked me questions about my resume and why I have interest in HP.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Initial recruiter phone interview and panel interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2013.

The interview was very laid back. It seemed that they were more concrened they got to know me as a person more than my experience.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate. They were very fair with their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2013.

Phone Screening, Phone Interview, than onsite or or second phone interview if you are located outside the hiring area. Be ready with your resume at all times, and be ready to "go" - answer phone professionally if from 281 or 501 area code

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2012.

The interview took place on site at my University and was done in two parts. First, I was interviewed by an HP senior manager followed by a regional director with over 500 people working under her. The interview was fairly straightforward. They tested my knowledge on HP Enterprises services, history and asked me to relate my experience to sales situations they provided.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't experience any overly difficult questions.   View Answer
    I asked them to extend my acceptance date and they obliged. Just be straightforward with the recruiters and keep an open line of communication.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2012.

Very easy interview. Basic sales questions. Mock sell. Makes it sound like you will make $50,000...doubtful unless your territory is great.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. What they offer is all you get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2010.

I was referred by an employee for an open position. The manager for that particular position called me in the following days and we had a phone interview that went over my resume followed by a role-play - the manager being the customer. This was not the most typical interview, but there have been others that witnessed the same process. Just be sure to know about the company and a vague understanding of the products you would be selling.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

I didn't really get past the phone interview. It was my first interview I totally blew it! I was so upset and nervous and she couldn't even see me I was interviewed by Carey Dugan. She asked me three whole questions: what do I think are the main qualities of a sales person? Why did I attend my College? What kind of duties did I fulfill at a old job I had on my resume?

Interview Questions
    • What do I think are the main qualities of a sales person?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2010.

After a phone interview from an overseas HR agency, I had a face to face interview. They say it is 3 people, but I only had two. The questions were the types you'd expect for a sales interview regarding experience and sales track record. The interviewers were both very nice and they sold the company to me right away. I was impressed with their professionalism and the overall presentation.

Interview Questions
    • What is some constructive criticism you've had from a past manager?   Answer Question
    • Have you taken any sales courses or have read any books about sales recently?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2009.

I met with the sales rep at my university career fair. I spoke with two men for 30 minutes about my field of study (marketing). I was contacted by the internal recruiter and did a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Very basic interview questions, nothing too tough. I was offered a panel interview. That lasted 45 minutes with a group of 5. I was then offered another panel interview. That was about 30 minutes and with two people. I was then offered the job and accepted.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate because it wasn't needed. I was honest with them about my other offers so they were able to let me know that I was about to get offered a position; just had to complete the standard interview processes.