Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Conway, AR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Screening, Phone Interview, than onsite or or second phone interview if you are located outside the hiring area. Be ready with your resume at all times, and be ready to "go" - answer phone professionally if from 281 or 501 area code

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in sales?   View Answer

Inside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Initial recruiter phone interview and panel interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in technology sales.   Answer Question

Rio Rancho, NM

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was very laid back. It seemed that they were more concrened they got to know me as a person more than my experience.

Interview Question – What do you do to unwind in your free time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. They were very fair with their offer.

Very Easy Interview

Conway, AR

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy interview. Basic sales questions. Mock sell. Makes it sound like you will make $50,000...doubtful unless your territory is great.

Interview Question – Mock sell.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. What they offer is all you get.

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview took place on site at my University and was done in two parts. First, I was interviewed by an HP senior manager followed by a regional director with over 500 people working under her. The interview was fairly straightforward. They tested my knowledge on HP Enterprises services, history and asked me to relate my experience to sales situations they provided.

Interview Question – Didn't experience any overly difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked them to extend my acceptance date and they obliged. Just be straightforward with the recruiters and keep an open line of communication.

Rio Rancho, NM

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2009.

Interview Details – I met with the sales rep at my university career fair. I spoke with two men for 30 minutes about my field of study (marketing). I was contacted by the internal recruiter and did a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Very basic interview questions, nothing too tough. I was offered a panel interview. That lasted 45 minutes with a group of 5. I was then offered another panel interview. That was about 30 minutes and with two people. I was then offered the job and accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because it wasn't needed. I was honest with them about my other offers so they were able to let me know that I was about to get offered a position; just had to complete the standard interview processes.

Conway, AR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee for an open position. The manager for that particular position called me in the following days and we had a phone interview that went over my resume followed by a role-play - the manager being the customer. This was not the most typical interview, but there have been others that witnessed the same process. Just be sure to know about the company and a vague understanding of the products you would be selling.

Interview Question – Who are some of our main competitors?   View Answer

Conway, AR

The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Interview Details – I didn't really get past the phone interview. It was my first interview I totally blew it! I was so upset and nervous and she couldn't even see me I was interviewed by Carey Dugan. She asked me three whole questions: what do I think are the main qualities of a sales person? Why did I attend my College? What kind of duties did I fulfill at a old job I had on my resume?

Interview Question – What do I think are the main qualities of a sales person?   View Answer

Albuquerque, NM

The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2010.

Interview Details – After a phone interview from an overseas HR agency, I had a face to face interview. They say it is 3 people, but I only had two. The questions were the types you'd expect for a sales interview regarding experience and sales track record. The interviewers were both very nice and they sold the company to me right away. I was impressed with their professionalism and the overall presentation.

Interview Questions

• What is some constructive criticism you've had from a past manager?   Answer Question
  • Have you taken any sales courses or have read any books about sales recently?   View Answers (2)

Conway, AR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2008.

Interview Details – Very thorough. Applied online, had a phone screen interview first, face to face interview with a site manager, and then a follow up phone interview with that same manager before being interviewed. Advice I would offer would be to always research the company before interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed.   View Answer
  • Sales Role Play: Give me your best sales pitch for any product & then explain why you did the things you did (during the sales pitch).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I interviewed for an entry-level (new college graduate) position with set salary/commission and benefit options. There was not a negotiation process. But I would advise those looking for a career to look at the whole benefit package & compare to others because benefits matter!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard Inside Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.