Hewlett-Packard

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Applied online, surprised that I got a callback for an interview bc I have no supply chain experience. Interviewers were very friendly and made the interview process less nerve wrecking than it would've been.

Interview Questions
  • What is the Reynolds number a function of, and describe what Re means   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

It was a phone interview. They asked mostly behavioral questions. I got positive feedback throughout the interview. The interviews were very engaged. I enjoyed talking to them, and at the end they answered my questions thoroughly.

Intern Interview

I had an initial interview where OOP questions were asked. The second interview consisted of reading code and interacting with it by writing my own code.

Interview Questions
    • None really. A lot of simple Object-Oriented Language questions such as as "What is the difference between Abstract and Interface?".   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2014.

Applied through online job board. After about a month a manager reached out to me via e-mail and set up a phone interview for a few days later. I was asked very basic questions, we basically just walked through my resume and he asked me about some project I've worked on for school. Offer was on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths/weaknesses? Very basic questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

3 separate phone interviews with managers (NOT HR). Combination of technical questions (e.g. What is the Pareto rule?) along with traditional behavioral questions (e.g. Describe a situation where you disagreed with someone?). After multiple interviews, they asked to sen me paperwork since I am military due to prevention of conflict of interest.

Intern Interview

In person interview followed by phone interview by hiring manager

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2014.

Had a technical phone interview with three interviewers on the line who asked questions about problem solving/troubleshooting skills, very little small talk or get to know you: 30 minutes. Phone interview was on a Friday and received an email the following Monday to schedule an in person interview, 40 min

Interview Questions
    • None of them were difficult: Very basic questions about viruses, power source, Linux, Windows Server, syncing email accounts etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2014.

Ask multiple questions about the information that was on resume. Such as work experience, leadership skills, and relevant projects. It was the normal HR questions.
    The interviewer was very personal, and seem generally interested in what in the projects I completed.
    I also asked a ton of questions, and he was very knowledgable.

Interview Questions
    • Computer Engineering technical questions such as the difference between a 64 bit and 32 bit processor.
      Draw the computer architecture

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

The hiring process was quick and each one of the interviewers made the interview feel like a conversation more than an examination. All the three interviews were over the phone. The whole process was less than a week and the decision was conveyed without much delay. The onboarding process was exceptional.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Position was an internship with software engineering. Started with online application and phone screen. Several part interview, asked technical questions about computer architecture, object oriented programming and software design principles, data structures, and math. Behavioral part involved describing how problems with co-workers in school/work were handled. I was expecting most of these things, it was pretty similar to interviews I've had at other large tech companies.

Interview Questions
    • Writing code on a white board in front of the software team, while they ask questions. They were friendly, but it was an uncomfortable part of the interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they had set pay rates depending on your years of progress towards degree.