Hewlett-Packard Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Interview

i applied, they called me 2 weeks later, had two phone interviews, and was hired. I was lucky enough to apply for a position that needed to be filled immediately, I heard other people had a tougher experience

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone then meet with a worker for a person interview where they asked questions regarding the job. There were a few technical questions but mostly behavior questions. The overall interview was pretty positive and mostly common questions

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online on the company's site. Received an email from the hiring manager after 2 weeks of my submission. The manager asked me schedule a phone call. The interview took place via phone for an hour. Got the reply from her in 2 days after my interview and received the offer letter the following day.

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Roseville, CA).

Interview

I spoke with a representative at my college's career fair last quarter. I was then given a short interview on campus. This interview covered a small amount of basic C (a basic screen) and some other basics. After a few days I received an email informing me of an on site interview opportunity for a C/networks/embedded systems position. I took it and drove for a few hours a few weeks later (HP reimbursed the travel and hotel room). I had three interviews, the titles were "Low Level", "C Problem Solving", and "Networking". I thought the Low Level one went well (mainly basic computer architecture questions such as drawing a functional block diagram, how to make computers faster, etc). The C Problem Solving interview covered basic C as well as some data structures (ie linked lists in C). The Networking interview was the hardest for me (this was before I had any exposure to computer networks - I hadn't taken any classes on the subject). The networking interview was also pretty basic in retrospect. The interviews primarily covered fundamentals, some intermediate material, and a small amount of advanced material (mainly if you brought it up - this is a good thing to do). After the interviews, I had lunch with a product manager. We spoke of my goals and the team's goals, as well as whether I could relocate, etc.

Interview Questions

• The question was a Switch address learning question (ie fill a table out at each step of the broadcast and learning process).   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Applied through company website. Got a reply back about two months later. Spoke with team hiring manager. Just chatted about my school and classes/projects and general knowledge. Then spoke with another engineer about specific team. Finally spoke with a senior engineer on team, roughly same interview style. No really hard technical questions (or really if any)

Interview Questions

• Why HP? What do you know about our team? Explain (specific course and what we learned)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

I applied online and received an email setting up a phone interview within 2 weeks. I interviewed with the manager of the department (Software Firmware) asking mostly behavioral questions and getting to know me personally as well as getting to know the things that I know and don't know. Interviewer was very positive, and gave me pointers and things to look into for the following interview. A week and a half later I got a call from who I assumed to be a supervisor in the department setting up a 2nd phone interview, where I was asked a few technical questions, some rather interesting questions as well as more resume/behavioral questions. The interview was very informative and the interviewer was very knowledgeable about the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• If the time on an analog clock reads "3:15", what is the angle between the hour hand and the minute hand?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. It began with a brief phone screening and then a face-to-face interview. My face-to-face interview was a panel interview that consisted of the person who would have been my supervisor along with one of the existing interns. The panel was very friendly and made it feel like they genuinely wanted to get to know me. Most of the interview questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to overcome teamwork adversity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call back within a few days about a phone interview. I had the interview and got an email within a few days about a face to face interview. I was in front of a panel of managers hiring for multiple jobs. I heard back with the week about the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situation questions. Explain a time when you were challenged..ect.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Got the mail about the time availability and then had a phone call with the team manager on scheduled time. The interview was good, I was asked o explain previous work experience, i then followed after a week about decision, then manager replied saying will take a week and after a week i was rejected but had a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself ? question related to previous work experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Basic Java programming methodologies. Questions on different Java implementations including tree navigation and class creations using base class with extended classes. Position works in a team of 10 to 15 and was interview by three different representatives from the department.

Interview Questions

• Create a grocery store application, Implement an Is-A and Has-A relationship.   Answer Question