Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
1,811 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted a week later. Set up phone call to describe the position and gauge my interest. Then set up phone interview 2 days later. Lasted about an hour.

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Conway, AR).

Interview

Brought before a panel of interviewers of various roles (one in HR, one VP, one in the software development department) and asked the usual questions. They were very transparent and left plenty of time for me to ask questions to see if I would be a good fit.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

I applied online and received an email setting up a phone interview within 2 weeks. I interviewed with the manager of the department (Software Firmware) asking mostly behavioral questions and getting to know me personally as well as getting to know the things that I know and don't know. Interviewer was very positive, and gave me pointers and things to look into for the following interview. A week and a half later I got a call from who I assumed to be a supervisor in the department setting up a 2nd phone interview, where I was asked a few technical questions, some rather interesting questions as well as more resume/behavioral questions. The interview was very informative and the interviewer was very knowledgeable about the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• If the time on an analog clock reads "3:15", what is the angle between the hour hand and the minute hand?   Answer Question

Applications Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Poland Center, OH).

Interview

1.interview by phone checking English skills
    2.interview by phone checking German skills
    3. .NET test
    4. analytical thinking skills test
    5. interview with the potential direct supervisor
    6.interview with a manager
    very professional, quick recruitment process, the answer have been given after 2-3 days since last interview. quite normal, standard questions, 2 test that took together 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      Why are you leaving your present job?
      What can you do for us what someone else can't?
      What is your greatest achievement you are proud of?
      What would you tell about teamwork?
      What were your main responsibilities in your last job etc.

.NET i.e. what is a delegate, some questions related to virtual classes, what does the word sealed mean in the example code, can we convert data from x type to y type and so on, basic questions from c#.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. It began with a brief phone screening and then a face-to-face interview. My face-to-face interview was a panel interview that consisted of the person who would have been my supervisor along with one of the existing interns. The panel was very friendly and made it feel like they genuinely wanted to get to know me. Most of the interview questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to overcome teamwork adversity.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Had a phone screen with HR. It was a very simple and friendly interview, mostly about my background, trying to find out what I have done in the past so as to figure out if it matches up with the role.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging thing you have faced in your job?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID).

Interview

Interview process consisted if six separate interviews - with mix of managers and individual contributors. All did a great job of describing the team environment and aspects if the job. Questions were focused on prior experience at my previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where I had to compromise for the better good of a team.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

They came to my campus, and there was an initial screening interview of 30 minutes with a senior-level employee. I got offered a second round on the spot at the interview, and the second round took place about a week later at the campus. The second round was an all-day event that involved four separate 45 minute interviews with senior level employees. Got the offer call 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Here's a list of transactions on the white board: make a balance sheet and income statement?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Applied online and heard back for a video interview. I was glad it was a video, rather than a phone, interview because it was nice to be able to make eye contact with my interviewers. Interview went rather smoothly, and even during the wait after the interview, I had questions about the position which my interviewers were happy to answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you've dealt with a problem or failure in your experience as a project manager?   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Filter through recruiter, then interview with 1st filter to prove your english skills and technical skills. 2nd interview with manager to see if they think you can work with them.

Interview Questions

• what can you provide to the organization   1 Answer

Got better offer with a different organization.