Hewlett-Packard

Updated Jan 29, 2015
1,715 Interview Reviews

2.9

Systems/Software Engineer VI Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Simple phone screen by programme manager. Then on-site interview with six people in 45 min time-blocks. Most of them seemed very serious about their work. There was one person in particular who had bought a bit of relief from the static atmosphere of the place. Interview got easier as time passed.

Interview Questions
    • [Draws diagram]. Explain to me how (you think) this works.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Applied through university career fair, and got the on-campus interview on the next day. I was waited for 35 mins after the original schedule time, then an Indian guy asked me about the basic knowledge of Java. After that, he asked me several brain teaser questions. The whole interview was no coding at all!!! Such a surprise.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

The interview is an extensive process lasting the course of a day. Problem solving skills and engineering knowledge are tested. Hands on problem solving with printer specific issues comes into play. Personality and experience are discussed at length. Job fit is a big part of the process as well.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Easy, friendly. They put me completely at ease which enabled me to think clearly, and answer accurately. This is one of the biggest flaws at most interviews, where the process becomes an inquisition. Not so here. It was more a conversational style.

Customer Delivery Specialist Interview

The interviewer was very friendly and made you feel comfortable. They also explained the job functions very well and what the company is all about.
    The only thing that I did not like is that they don't give you a clear indication of what is to happen after the interview: ie. will they notify you if you do/don't get the job or should you follow up?

Low pay

Technology Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

It was good interview. They asked me about the basics of Computers like questions from Database, Data Structures and Programming. The initial round was online round. The questions were related to quants and computer basic questions. After that 1 technical interview and last HR round. HR round was about the relocation. As they have their head offices at Bangalore. So they just asked whether we are ready to relocate.

Interview Questions
    • Output of a C program. Database Codds rule. Some general information about conputer science like who was the first programmer.   Answer Question
    It was on campus.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

My friend who already accepted an offer to work as an inside sales rep, referred my name to a recruiter. I was contacted promptly via email a few days after this. A phone interview was setup with the recruiter. The interview lasted approximately 40 minutes. The main objective was to explain what was expected for inside sales reps.
    After this interview the recruiter arranged a panel interview with 2 mangers. During this interview they asked a few questions to test my knowledge of the field I was pursuing.
    I was asked to preform a mock sales scenario. They asked me questions about my resume and why I have interest in HP.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

First Round - Just A Minute round (JAM)
    Second Round - Apti and Technical Written round
    Third round - Technical
    Fourth round - Managerial
    Fifth Round - HR

In the first round they look at your communication skills asking you to speak for a minute on a topic of your choice.
    Second round is a written test with apti,verbal and technical questions(mostly on C). Apti was of basic types. verbal was easy too with passage questions and fill in the blanks questions.
    Tech round - basically they check your problem solving ability in solving problems.
    The next 2 rounds are of managerial questions.

Interview Questions
    • Write an executable linkedlist program to add a node at nth position.   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

I was hired over 26+ years ago, right out of college so I don't recall everything.
    I was interviewed by 5 different managers at 5 different office locations.
    It took well over a month of interviews for them to finally offer me a position.
    As I recall, each interview was a calm, positive experience, not stressful

Not much negotiation. I was fresh out of college and HP came to me.
    I was happy just to have a cool job. They offered a number and I accepted

Field Service Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interviewed with 2 managers and HR. Not a bad process they know how to select good people. They ask how will treat customers. That is most important to them. If you trat people the way you would like to be treated you wont have a problem.

Interview Questions
    Better starting wage. Dont take first offer all companies try to low ball you.