Hewlett-Packard

2.9

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Very long, all day, constant interview process. Virtually every aspect of my digital logic, computer architecture, and software development skills were tested.

The team was very kind and they were clearly after my approach to the problems at hand rather than whether I got the right answer.

Interview Questions
    • Create the linked list data structure and show modifications to an instantiation.   Answer Question

IT Developer/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

College Hire process was excellent. The person came to the campus and was very professional providing information about HP and the jobs they were hiring for. After that a recruiter picked up my resume and I was called in for 2 other interviews for 2 different opportunities. Both were all day interviews taking me to lunch and the first one I did not get hired but was hired for the 2nd opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • It's been so long ago I don't remember the questions that was asked.   Answer Question

Graduate Signal Integrity Summer/Fremont, CA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Two rounds of phone interview. The manager called me and asked a few basic questions. It seems that they want to hire someone who can work for them for 4-6 months because the they want the intern participate in the entire process of the project.

Senior Functional Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Just had a skype and phone interview with HP.Everything went well as the questions were related to QA,Previous job related and how would me experience fit in their project.Hoping to hear positive response.It is a 6month contract.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult.Everything related to previous work,SQL,and how previous experience matches their current project tasks.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

This was the behavioral interview. It was only 15 questions long and delt with your past experience and how you handled certain situations. It wasnt hard at all. It took about 45 minutes

IT Developer/Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

There were a total of three phone interviews: 1. The HR Interview 2. The Team Interview 3. The Hiring Manager Interview. All interviews were behavioral and felt like a conversation and not an interview. They wanted to see my thought process and how I make decisions more so than what I learned in the classroom.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

3 rounds of interviews - a pre-screen with a recruiter, interview with the direct manager and interview with 1 or more team members. Everyone was very positive and helped me to relax and give my best. Sometimes they have been slow with feedback but it was not a problem to approach them proactively and ask.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult, just going through my experience and skills. Several recruitment cases to solve on the spot (recruiting for a niche role, etc.)   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

had a phone, campus, and HP office interview. Everything went pretty well. Everyone was very polite and interested in getting to know me, so be yourself. The questions were mainly behavioral. The interview at the HP office was more so to see if you would be of great fit within the company. So being able to communicate with everyone and building a connection.

Interview Questions
    • There was a problem solving question that was unexpected or that caught me off guard. Other than that, everything was straight forward and very fair.   Answer Question

Digital ASIC Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Applied on the HP career website and was contacted by the HR lady to set up a technical phone interview. The interview was about an hour long, and the interviewer asked about my resume followed by a lot of technical questions related to digital ASIC design.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions related to digital design. For example, questions about memory, cache, FSM, etc.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Pleasant phone screening with staff ME member. The questions asked are relatively simple but not necessarily easy. AP High school physics level for the most part. Afterward they asked several questions about my resume and why I was interested in HP.

Interview Questions
    • Pulley question involving gearing, tension in the rope, work input to system, and relative rotational velocities of each pulley. This was followed up by a more open-ended discussion of what other factors would contribute to starting/stopping forces and energy losses in the system.

After this I was invited to fly onsite for a more formal interview.
        Answer Question