Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015
1,933 Interview Reviews

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Two phone interviews. They cannot conduct face to face interviews for contract employees. Both interviews were with the hiring manager who I loved working for. Very average in terms of questions asked and it was pretty informal.

Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Had a Phone interview, campus interview, then on site interview
    Very typical IT interviewing process for entry level out of college students
    Know your stuff, dont expect to get a job here without knowing anything

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone then meet with a worker for a person interview where they asked questions regarding the job. There were a few technical questions but mostly behavior questions. The overall interview was pretty positive and mostly common questions

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very candid, upfront about expectations. There were two interviews via phone. One with the hiring manager and another with their manager. How do you handle pressure and wanted to know your version of a typical day in the applied field

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals? Why are you working on contract   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed wage through agency

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Resume screening followed by 1 hour phone interview with the team. Called in for in person interview with the manager, then a separate interview immediately after with the team. Took about 2 days after applying online to get a call for the phone interview, then overall, the process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Given a basic program, draw out a flow diagram of the program and then describe how you would debug it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Applied for the job after finding the opening on the internet for entry to expert level JAVA developers. Scheduled for a phone interview with the recruiter. I was excited about the position since it I thought it would be great to work for a big company like HP. But once I started talking to the recruiter, the excitement faded away instantly. They are looking for developers on a VERY TIGHT BUDGET. JAVA EXPERTS get paid UPTO 70K. huh... When I started as an entry level, I was offered 65k. But HP needs my expertise for 70k. Big names doesn't mean big pay. I work for a very small company now but way better than HP's offer. Never applying at this location again.

Interview Questions

• If I could work for a cheaper rate.   1 Answer

Data Analyst/Statistical Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Tempe, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

phone interview and asked about my projects on database and relocation questions. I did not understand the question properly and told about a different project. So read the question properly and ask again if you did not get properly

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online on the company's site. Received an email from the hiring manager after 2 weeks of my submission. The manager asked me schedule a phone call. The interview took place via phone for an hour. Got the reply from her in 2 days after my interview and received the offer letter the following day.

Global Alliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

2 separate phone calls - one with a future peer and the other with the hiring manager.
    Great questions, casual interview, focused on your interest to work for the company first and then, the questions became incrementally harder to figure out as to whether you ARE a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Strengths & weaknesses
      What you need to improve on
      Future aspirations
      How many people have you managed in the past?
      Provide concrete examples showing leadership skill, ability to work with contentious individuals.

Answer Question

Virtual Server Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Quantico, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process took a couple of weeks because I asked quite a few questions. The Recruiter was very informative and would take a moment to speak with Hiring Manager to get my answers. Overall the process took about 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What are your current projects?
      What's one thing that you would say is an area of weakness for you?

1 Answer

Negotiation

It was immediately after the interview and the Hiring manager was straight-forward with about what the company was hoping for and I told them my range. The Hiring manager took 30 minutes to get the numbers crunched and called me back with the Company's final offer. I accepted.