Hewlett-Packard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Services Information Developer Interview

Services Information Developer
El Paso, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is simple, you have a questionnaire and you ask questions to candidates, generally interviews are conducted by phone and process is not longer than one hour. Interview is focused to questions to general aspects like ANSI SQL syntax, object oriented terms like inheritance, polymorphism, access modifiers. Some interviews are focused to C questions and basic algorithms. I do not see a high level of complexity for interviews.

Interview Question – SQL, OOP, and general programming. I would not say that there are difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is not possible negotiate with HP. They give you an offer, usually offer is below market price, and if you are in a region where there are few opportunities, then they win.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

Interview Details – 3 separate phone interviews with managers (NOT HR). Combination of technical questions (e.g. What is the Pareto rule?) along with traditional behavioral questions (e.g. Describe a situation where you disagreed with someone?). After multiple interviews, they asked to sen me paperwork since I am military due to prevention of conflict of interest.

Interview Question – What is 'efficient frontier' in supply chain?   Answer Question

Project Manager () Interview

Project Manager ()

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – .I applied through other source.I got the first call right after I submitted the application.then I had 2 phone interviews with hiring and staff managers .one on site interview. they asked some behavioral questions as well as some technical questions .after 3 weeks HR contacted me and offered the position.

Interview Question – no difficult question   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2014.

Interview Details – Several interviews with senior executives and HR. Mostly covering experience, how you interact with people and manage risk. What if scenarios, a number business related questions. HR covered background check and body language, more impersonal than executive interviews

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2014.

Interview Details – Information interviewing. A lot of HP terminology, systems and processes. Interviewed with hiring manager and technical person. Plan to set yourself apart. Demonstrate skills and results. Interview pretty easy and open.

Interview Question – Will you relocate?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Could not relocate

Systems/Software Engineer Interview

Systems/Software Engineer
Houston, TX

I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for the position as an intern about a month before I graduated. I got a phone call a few weeks after saying they were really interested in me. Unfortunately once I said I was about to graduate, the guy said I no longer could take an internship position with them because I qualified as a new hire. So if you're still taking classes and have 1-2 years before graduating I suggest you apply to the internship positions with them.

Interview Question – Did not get to the questions due to not qualifying for the internship, but he did ask about my technical background and previous work I had done.   Answer Question

Solution Principal Interview

Solution Principal
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2011.

Interview Details – Process was very straight forward. Interviewed with the practice lead and one of my future colleagues. Mostly Situational, Technical and experience questions. All of the process was handled via phone to phone interviews, I did not meet my manager face to face during the process.

Interview Question – None out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for salary. No negotiation on PTO.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2014.

Interview Details – Decent, but lacked depth of exploring my skills...went too heavily on my resume. Culture seems broken, HP seems lost in the space I was skilled to work in. One potential co-worker actually called me names when I asked about work-life balance....that was all for me.

Interview Question – Will you join our team?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Poor market position in delivering Cloud services.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Cupertino, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Interview Details – After initial phone interview, got scheduled for onsite where I Interviewed with very senior people and drilled into various aspects of technical question including data structures and algorithms. Also discussion on some innovative data structures.

Negotiation Details – I got cheated in there as there were several managers to talk to Ok salary to start with but position given was very low and was told its pretty senior position. Beware of cheats

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Phone interview - Asked technical questions regarding logic skills, binary knowledge as well as transistor logic. The interviewer seemed nice and helpful if you were stuck. Overall, about 30 mins of tech questions.

Interview Question – Write out Karnaugh Map.   Answer Question

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!