Hewlett-Packard

Updated Dec 12, 2014
1,669 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Very minimal, very astonishing for a big company. Only phone interview. The company being big did not invest time and effort in the interview as they have a 6 month probation period and also can remove with few days if necessary. They prefer seeing person on job especially if at a client site and if client has no issues. The interview was mainly technical to match the client specifications. There was no verification of the resume other than a background check.

Interview Questions
    • It was mostly technical and how many skills experienced in. No cognitive or team dynamics questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, take it or leave it. Since HP is big company, getting in is supposed to be the biggest perk.

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Three rounds of interviews plus one with recruiter. Questions ranged from abstract Google type to standard HR questions. HR is 50/50- some are good and others are not. Interviews were all via phone

I was able to negotiate about 20% more than initial offer

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied through their website (online form), and uploaded my resume. I received the call from HR after about two weeks, and they asked some questions about my background. afterwards, they asked for my availability for next weeks, and after several formal email I had my first technical phone interview about 50 minutes. Overally, my interview processes was included two phone interviews, in addition to the in site interview in Roseville, CA location. there were 3 interviewers including the hiring manager (plus lunch). I had the tour arround HP with all interviewers, they were from different departments, and they show me their laps.

Vertica Testing Interview

I applied for a Testing Intern position and it took about 15 minutes overall. It's a phone interview: ask about the resume:basically one or two projs you have ever done/ ask some concepts in Java, it's easy. The manager said he will set up a online programming test with me but I didn't get the notification for next step.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

You will get contacted by a recruiter first. Then if you make the cut the hiring manager will want to meet with you. After at least one interview, maybe more, a decision will be made. Ask for as much $$ as you think you can get!!! If they can't pay you that, they will just offer you less. Do not sell your self short. It's very hard to get raises after you get in. So... start as high as you can.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when..... It will all be behavioral interview questions. Be prepared for that! You will be asked questions about the SDLC, your knowledge of the particular system/business you'll be working with and your ability to work as a team.   View Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Technical question some practical some not. Standard technicla questions any subject. Behavioural questions. Explain experience and how it is relevant. Several 1 hour interviews will engineers and mgr. Technicla focus. Give detailed examples.

Interview Questions
    • A car as skidding on road. You want to keep car under control. Do you apply front or rear brakes. You have control of this selection.   View Answer
    None

Cyber Security Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

The interview process was very straight forward and quick. They did not delay in coming up with the offer. The HR was very clear upfront about the work.The Job description was not really what I actually encountered after I joined. It was an over inflated JD more than half of which was not true.

Interview Questions
    • There were none, it was to the point and as expected for the role,   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I got two skype interviews and one onsite interview. All of the interviews were very nice. They asked some basic questions on programming languages, algorithms, databases and computer systems.

Interview Questions
    • Just some basic java knowledge, like the difference between HashMap and HashTable in Java.   Answer Question

Customer Engagement Manager Interview

Typical questions asked in most interviews. It is two hiring managers that sit you down and interview you for about an hour. Make sure you dress nice, and bring a copy of your resume.

Interview Questions
    • What about the job description do you dislike the most?   Answer Question
    No real negotiation. Everyone started at the same pay.

Network TestAt HP Roseville Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Submitted my resume at job fair. Got a call about a month later for 30 minute phone interview. The interviewer was laid-back. Not a very difficult interview at all. Received an email a couple weeks later with offer. I think they are seeking "blank-slate" sorts of people so that they can train them specifically for the tasks they are doing.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral. Not very technical. They just asked if I know TCL or Python.   View Answer