Hewlett-Packard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Firmware Test Interview

Firmware Test
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2014.

Interview Details – I received an email from a recruiter to apply for this position. A week later I scheduled an in person interview. The in-person interview lasted about 15 minutes and really surprised me about how brief they made it. They asked a few questions about my previous experience and a few technical questions and said I'm qualified for the job and will be hearing back soon. Had to send 2 follow up e-mails to receive the results.

Interview Question – Given this pen how would you test it?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager
Fort Collins, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was called by a recruiter about a contract position. During the first --and only-- interview day, I met with three people: the hiring manager, a person at that team, the director of a stakeholder team. That evening, I received a call from the recruiter with a job offer. I accepted. After five months in that role, I applied for a job as a regular HP employee. That hiring process took approximately four weeks. The hiring manager set up interviews with several people inside and outside our team. These interviews were complete within a week. Then I waited for three weeks and was told that the hiring process is slow. Eventually, I was hired full time. Although I took a cut in base salary, I received health care, 401(k) matching, free access to the fitness center and opportunities for salary increases, annual performance bonuses and stock.

Interview Question – Give me a search optimization plan for telecommunications service.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was told what the annual salary would be. Knowing that it was going to be a short-term pay cut, my manager also provided a signing bonus and told me, sincerely, that this is the best he could do as a start. He said, if I continued to perform as I had, he'd see to a salary increase.

Very Easy Interview

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fine. The HR recruiter was very helpful. However, my manager does not know how to her job of starting the badging process, informing the security office if my background check cleared, or letting the IT people know when I would arrive so they would already have my computer set up.

Interview Question – The asked me to work on a technical document for editing purposes. It was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Arkansas is an at-will state. They ask you what salary range you're willing to work for and they offer you the low end. If you don't accept, the next candidate will.

Very Easy Interview

Svc Developer Interview

Svc Developer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – quick interview just to make sure you can get an assignment, no tech questions... asking mostly about previous experience and if i did any mobile development. normal questions and some about how i would do and what i did before when i got into situation missing deadline and how to avoid that and so on....

Interview Question – not any... because they are not sure what the future will hold for their client   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – phone call with the staffing team

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – Professional people working in a company that is struggling to find it's way back to the top. The interview was more about finding ways to weed you out, rather than determining if you were a good fit for the company. Some of the people that were part of the interview seemed like they didn't want to be there and were just doing the interview to appease their boss.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were asked to work overtime and weekends without any compensation?   Answer Question

Technical Solutions Consultant Interview

Technical Solutions Consultant
Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was mostly focused on relevant experiences, ability to communicate and collaborate in a large group. The interviewers would ask how you solve problems in a team environment, how to work with external teams .

Interview Question – Why did you leave the last few companies?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Have other offers

Very Difficult Interview

ASIC Engineer Interview

ASIC Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position and in about a week's time I was contacted by email to arrange a phone interview. The person I interviewed with was very impersonal, I get the feeling he was an engineer simply reading off a list of questions the hiring manager had provided. Do to the technical nature of the interview, I feel that I did not perform very well in answering all of the questions. The interview lasted about 1 hour. I was contacted by email about 3 days later to inform me that they were not interested in me as a candidate.

Interview Question – This was a highly technical interview, with pretty much no behavorial type questions at all. I am sure this may vary from position to position. Questions covered topics such as CMOS design, Device Physics, Digital Logic, CAD Layout, VLSI, RTL..etc   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2011.

Interview Details – There was a phone screening held by three hiring managers. The manager for the job for which I was interviewing didn't call me back, but another one of the managers did. She called me in for a face to face interview with herself and one team member. Overall it was a pretty short process and I was offered the job a few days later.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard, covering past experience with some competency based questions. All in all it was a pretty easy interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating on salary. It was a take it or leave it offer with three days to respond.

Systems Specialist Interview

Systems Specialist

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – The team that I got into needed to be staffed very quickly. So the hiring process was quick for me. Pretty standard interview process - There was a phone screening. After that, two rounds of technical interviews that were one hour each. Subsequently there was a phone interview with an engineer from the US office. The hiring process was not that complex too. The HR department needed some prodding, but they communicated pretty quickly as well.

Interview Question – My background is Storage. So I was asked to design a storage disk array system on paper.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Was contacted by recruiter and quick phone screen on qualifications and salary requirements. Was then set up for face to face with two managers. Questions mostly behavior and the usual tell me about you background, why hp etc. Very friendly environment.

Interview Question – Tell me how you handled customer complaint?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
  Answer Question

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!