Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
1,778 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Applied online. Contacted a week later. Set up phone call to describe the position and gauge my interest. Then set up phone interview 2 days later. Lasted about an hour.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Had a phone screen with HR. It was a very simple and friendly interview, mostly about my background, trying to find out what I have done in the past so as to figure out if it matches up with the role.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging thing you have faced in your job?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview process consisted if six separate interviews - with mix of managers and individual contributors. All did a great job of describing the team environment and aspects if the job. Questions were focused on prior experience at my previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where I had to compromise for the better good of a team.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

They came to my campus, and there was an initial screening interview of 30 minutes with a senior-level employee. I got offered a second round on the spot at the interview, and the second round took place about a week later at the campus. The second round was an all-day event that involved four separate 45 minute interviews with senior level employees. Got the offer call 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Here's a list of transactions on the white board: make a balance sheet and income statement?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Applied online and heard back for a video interview. I was glad it was a video, rather than a phone, interview because it was nice to be able to make eye contact with my interviewers. Interview went rather smoothly, and even during the wait after the interview, I had questions about the position which my interviewers were happy to answer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you've dealt with a problem or failure in your experience as a project manager?   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Filter through recruiter, then interview with 1st filter to prove your english skills and technical skills. 2nd interview with manager to see if they think you can work with them.

Interview Questions
    • what can you provide to the organization   View Answer

Got better offer with a different organization.

Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

-Submitted application formally, and submitted resume directly through previous intern as referral
    -Had a 1 hr phone interview with hiring manager
    -2 days later, scheduled an in person interview with the site supervisor (manager was located in a different state)
    -2 days later received an offer, but asked to have an extension on the deadline for accepting the offer as I had other interviews lined up
    -The hiring manager was great, and encouraged the other interviews as she liked the fact that I wanted to make an informed decision, but also mentioned again how very much they would like for me to join their team.
    -I had other interviews and two more offers, but chose HP-- and so very glad I did!!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to explain a complex situation to a person with little knowledge of the situation? How did you decide the process of structuring you communication?   View Answers (2)
    • Describe what 'thought leadership' means to you-- do think it adds value to content marketing?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself if 5 years?   View Answer
    • What do you think are some of the biggest challenges facing digital marketers today?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was easy, the package they offered me to be an intern was above the best offers I heard from other peers.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2015.

Phone Interview about a half hour. First received and email from a recruiting coordinator. After that we had a few conversations over the phone before a real phone interview that shortly followed. Very easy to talk to and asked good questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your sales background and why that qualifies you for this position.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2015.

Brief phone 'screening' then in person interview with 5-6 person team. Very nice, personable phone interview. Everyone was very kind, not stuffy. Easy to talk to, and explain myself.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2015.

I applied online. I got a call back within a few days about a phone interview. I had the interview and got an email within a few days about a face to face interview. I was in front of a panel of managers hiring for multiple jobs. I heard back with the week about the job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of situation questions. Explain a time when you were challenged..ect.   View Answer