Hewlett-Packard

Getting the Interview

1,364 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Problem Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – 2 interviews with leadership

Interview Question – Worked as contractor prior to interview so interview went without any additional suprises   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave a number which was out of scope and I countered with reasoning and they met the new rate.

Financial Analyst III Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2010.

Interview Details – Got an interview during a National Career Conference-Interviewed on-site
Got called to a group interview, got flown down to Houston campus with several others. Panel/Dancing chairs type interview with 3 Sr Managers. Asked mainly about experience and behavioral questions

Interview Question – Talk about a situation where you made a big impact/change in your group/organization   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didnt Negotiate offer was beyond my expectations

Very Easy Interview

Customer Engineer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Used a Technical Staffing Agency. Phone interview lasted 1 hour. A Contract Job offer was presented 2 days later which I accepted. Worked as a Contractor for 1 year and was then converted to a permanent employee. Worked at HP 6 years and 3 months. Then was laid off via the HP WFR process.

Interview Question – I am a Professional current in my field. There were no difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I already knew what the Salary would be before the Interview.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – managers are remote so questions around working remotely

Interview Question – how function in remote team   Answer Question

Marketing Program Manager Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Really need a connection inside to pull you through the process. Otherwise it is standard interview process.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult. It pays to take the offensive with strong questions of the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty easy - offer and counter offer and done.

CAD Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – First Round-phone interview- Questions on synthesis, vlsi design flow, APR tool, basic vli questions

Interview Question – Easy Interview   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the group members. General question on the research projects. They ask questions on the particular projects they are interested in. Not very hard questions. After about two weeks, get the offer. Then the recruiter will contact you, talking abou the starting time. You need to decide whether or not to accept their offer in one week.

Interview Question – No very difficult question   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2014.

Interview Details – 1st round on campus interview.
Interview was a mix of technical and fit questions (45 minutes long)
I was contacted a week or two later notifying me that I would receive a phone call for my second and final round.
Second interview was purely fit.
A week after that I received a verbal offer first and then a written offer was given to me.

Interview Question – None really. IRR. NPV and questions about 3 financial statements.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Process and Capabilities Manager Interview

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – 2-3 interviews depending on the candidates skill set and hiring manager. Expected to have a proven track of record based on the job requirements.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary, depends from one hiring manager to the next   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much room for negotiation

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Vancouver, WA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume. Received call. Interviewed twice. Two interviewers in each session. Technical and nontechnical questioning. Received hiring package. Showed up for first day of work.

Interview Question – Some questions will revolve around the products themselves so do some research.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard interview questions and advice. All 1,364 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.