Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015
2,074 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. The first round consisted of basic behavioral/fit questions. The second round was a combination of behavioral and lightly technical questions. Most of my issues from the interview process stemmed from how unprofessional and inconsiderate the recruiters were. My initial interview was rescheduled last minute which I didn't mind because I understand that things happen; however, after having expressed that I had an offer deadline with another company, I never heard back from HP after my second round interview. I attempted to follow up three times over the course of two months and still heard nothing. This is very unprofessional as many candidates such as myself like to receive feedback post interviews or at the very least be notified whether or not their candidacy is still being considered for a position.

Interview Questions

• Why HP? Why corporate finance? Why do we care about free cash flow? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Rich Media Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Bernardo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Rancho Bernardo, CA).

Interview

Reviewed by team members including developers, creatives and management. The team reviewed my portfolio, asked me questions regarding what tools I utilized to created the design and the user interface. I was asked how long I have been using the core tools to create my portfolio material and if I had created all the rich media myself independent of a team.

Interview Questions

• Are you current with the industry standard software? What software packages do you typically use to create your media?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Came to college career fair to screen candidates. Invited top candidates for on site interviews for 1 day. The on-site interview lasted about 6 hours and I met with roughly 6 different hiring managers. Lunch and snacks were provided.

Interview Questions

• Explain what type of results would be returned by a sample SQL query.   Answer Question

Finance Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Internal hiring board. Found opportunity internally and sought informational interview. After phone screen then met with multiple functional leaders. Walked from cubicle to cubicle to interview with each person. Each person that I spoke with was friendly.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Series of telephone interviews. Well done, could tell the hiring manager had a selection of questions he would pick from, so more standardized than most. Very interested in 'fit' as most questions revolved around why do you want this position, what are your long term goals.

Interview Questions

• How would you define a project.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

It had two rounds. First round: interview fix up. phone interview in second round. It was an average interview. Few questions on C programming. Interview took a week. Few behavioral questions. behavioral questions were easy.

Business Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

I applied months before I was called for an interview. They acknowledged the delay. I Interviewed with the recruiter via phone then I had an in person interview with 3 managers onsite.

Interview Questions

• Questions were specific to my experience that related to the job position.Are you familiar with the X12 format?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I also was able to negotiate my salary once I was offered the position. They initially offered about 5,000 less than my low range value. I informed them that I would call them after I think about the offer and gave them reasons for my hesitation. Once I called back, they had another offer available that was only a few hundred dollars than my desired pay.

Interview

Interview was nice, I had to answer about my previous experience on current/past projects, along with some technical questions related to technologies to be used within the position. 5 weeks after still don't get an offer

Interview Questions

• What technologies do you use in your current role? Are you related to this programming technologies (bla, bla, bla) if yes how many years of experience do you have?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview with the manager of the department. It was very laid back and simple with easy questions. The second round was in-person with three other business analysts. They had very specific questions about my resume and I could tell that they took the time to really review my materials before meeting me (which I appreciated). The questions weren't very difficult, but it was evident that they were looking for someone who perfectly fit their company (and it was clear that I didn't). Overall, I would advise you to really study everything on your resume and find ways to relate it to the department. Got a call back a few weeks later with them announcing they picked other people for the positions.

Interview Questions

• How do you best learn new things?   1 Answer
    • How do you stay organized?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have with writing queries,   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview 1st month, then 2 months later I was called in for an interview at company location. I interviewed with 3 people. Lasted 2 hours. I am waiting to hear back from them regarding if they want to hire me.