Hewlett-Packard

Updated Feb 26, 2015
1,746 Interview Reviews

2.9

PSS Life Cycle Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Very straightforward and professional. Typical 1st call from HR to determine interest and availability. Then call with the hiring manager. Finally on site for an entire day with the team and manager. They flew me in and put me up in a local hotel. Follow up was reasonable. Had an offer within 2 weeks. Accepted after minimal negotiations around base and grade level.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interviews. Mostly around personality fit with the team.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

I applied online and recieved a call to set up an interview that day. We scheduled a phone interview for the next day that lasted about 40 minutes. The interviewer explained the postion and the daily duties of a sales rep. She then asked a series of questions. It was a low stress interivew mainly asking me to elaborate on my past experience and goals. The first phone interview allows them to get a sense of your communication skills. They want to make sure you can keep a potential customer engaged.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in sales at HP? Tell me about an experience when you met or exceed a goal. Tell me about an experience when you didn't meet a goal.   Answer Question

Persued other opportunites that better matched by interests.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Applied online, surprised that I got a callback for an interview bc I have no supply chain experience. Interviewers were very friendly and made the interview process less nerve wrecking than it would've been.

Interview Questions
    • What is the Reynolds number a function of, and describe what Re means   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

they invest in your career because the better you are, the better they all are. they will encourage you to identify your training goals. Then they will help you exceed them. Your path may include on-the-job training, trainee programs or coaching from managers. over all iti was a good experience.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

I was referred to the position from current employee who was my classmate in college. The whole interview process happened in an expeditious speed, with interview on site within two weeks of submitting my resume. The hiring manager follows up upon making the decision to hire or not.

It's largely based on prior experience and education

Motherboard Component Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Very straightforward, I was contacted by someone from the team, there was a 1-hour phone interview, followed by an onsite interview with 5 1-on1 interview, plus team lunch, and a tour of the facility, and an explanation of what type of projects they're working on.
    The people there were very friendly, and very kind. Everything was arranged before hand.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical hardware questions, including the basics of CMOS circuits, opamps, RLC circuit behaviors,
      Digital design questions, adhoc problem solving/debugging questions, state machines, telegrapher's equation.

Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

I was asked to create a deck that summarized and make recommendations around the registration flow. Once that was reviewed I was brought in for 5-6 people to interview me in-person. It was the typical mix of Engineering and Product leads, ending with the VP of Product.

My interview with the VP was unceremoniously terminated the moment she established I had no degree. Apparently HP don't screen candidates very well and their exec staff aren't particularly well mannered.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Phone Interview around an hour or so. Ended up not getting a face to face interview. Interviewer seemed to be really picky since the position was in Colorado and I was in California (out of state, company paying for flight, hotel, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • Basics of a MOSFET. What does MOSFET stand for? Describe what Ids vs. Vgs and Ids vs. Vds graphs. More MOSFET basics questions.   View Answer

Java Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Phone Screening for about 45 mins with general HR questions and few behavioural questions
    Skype Interview was more than one hour was resume walk- through and more technical questions were asked on spring and hibernate. Questions about web
    logistics
    Questions about testing tools were asked

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to write a code for creating an account on bank webpage in time span of 5 mins   Answer Question

Global Tax Interview

I received an email telling me that my resume will not be processed further. However, about a month later, I got another email to set up an phone interview with me.