Hewlett-Packard

Updated Sep 14, 2014
1,545 Interview Reviews

2.9

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Interview was over the phone. essentially a review of my qualifications + an understanding of my work ethic. hiring manager explained the challenges of the department and the expected workload. Took me out to lunch on 1st day - much appriciated

did not negotiate the compensation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2013.

I went through three interviews; one with the to-be-boss and two with technical members of the team. The questions focused on targeting my preferences, experience, and expertise. Questions from the boss were non-technical and were mostly about my interests. Questions from the technical members of the team were technical questions about my expertise and about my relevant experience (e.g. projects I have done and what my roles were).

Interview Questions
    • If your team had to make a decision in which you disagreed with most of them, what would you likely do? Would you argue for your point or go with the majority?   View Answer

ESSN AMS Commercial Sales-US Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Conway, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2013.

Phone & personal interviews that made a lot of promises and made it seem like this job would lead to a full career. TO be honest it was a lot of hot air, you don't have to know anything about HP just position yourself as a person who is willing to make phone calls and sell server storage and networking to businesses.

Interview Questions
    • describe how you would sell some thing you don't know about.   Answer Question
    NO Negotiation

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

General Sales questions were asked at the interview. Try to convince me to buy something that you are selling was probably the most difficult question. Make sure you thoroughly research the company.

Mailroom Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frankfort, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfort, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2014.

I had to bring in verification, interviewing process was at a hotel conference room and I spoke with the hiring manager for the job and he told me he would be in contact with me and then I received a phone call concerning the job within the next day and I got hired on immediately and then began working the next day

N/A

Technical Support Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2013.

Long process and basically hired by a committee. Several phone interviews followed by phone committee interview followed by a face to face committee interview.

Blah, blah, blah, what's the magic with 30 words minimum?

Interview Questions
    • Had to present my plan without knowing enough about what was needed.   Answer Question
    I accepted the first offer.

HP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

3 rounds

0.5 hrs of just puzzels and logical reasoning

Business Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2014.

The phone interview lasted about an hour but the communications from the internal recruiter prior were unprofessional and lacked the polish you would expect from a seasoned recruiter. After 7-8 exchanges to nail down the date and time. Awkwardly the recruiter had requested an 11:00p conversation and restated it with a secondary email when I inquired. I thought it very odd that a recruiter would want to connect near midnight her time but she had stated she was really busy and this was the only time? I finally said I would not be at my best come 1:00a central time. She said this was the only time she could connect. I replied back that although not best, I would be happy if midnight was the best time for her to converse then I would accommodate her schedule. Shortly after she said she meant in the morning and must have overlooked it since she was so busy. We finally connect on the phone for the interview and the recruiter had not reviewed my resume to inquire on my experiences or recent consulting experience. She stated that the hiring managers only wanted individuals from major firms and as of such did not have an interest. Odd that creating a company and growing it to $6M in 4 years to sell it to a national firm all the while consulting with the acquiring firm and others had no bearing to my skill set?

Interview Questions
    • Truly...the recruiter spoke more about the other jobs that she was sourcing for and how the Strategy team was a newer team for her to source for in addition to her tenure with HP and the other departments she was more familiar with. Extremely disappointing as I had prepared and hoped for more   Answer Question

Lead Systems Analyst Interview

My hiring process was pretty smooth 11 years ago. I met with about 4 people - Program manager, Business team lead, tech lead and QA lead since this role had to interface with all teams.
     However, with all the recent changes at HP, things are pretty different now. The old culture is slowing fading away with most old timers already left. The caring for employees seems to be missing..its mostly survival of the fittest type of a culture now.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to draw and analyze a real use case and draw an activity diagram on the board. Also, they saw my old samples.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate much. They told me they are on a very tight budget.

Writing Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2011.

The whole process was very swift after my online application. The first communication was by email, requesting a conversational email about my background (not my resume). My potential boss did a phone interview and after 15 minutes asked what position I wanted and how much money it would take to get me in there?

I was very excited that someone recognized my wide range of abilities and was going to hire me for them.

A week later I had an interview with about 10 people - one at a time. Before two weeks were up I had accepted an offer of employment.

Despite the very good start it turns out that my broad skills were not fully utilized and I was laid off 2 years and 2 months after starting.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was swift and I got less than I wanted, but more than I had been paid before; plus a 10k sign on bonus.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!