Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
1,519 candidate interviews

Pricing Manager Interview

Pricing Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Had several interviews with peers at the same position, and 1 with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are the best candidate for this role?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was "this is what we will pay you" and I accepted.

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process consist of multiple rounds .
First round consist of introduction than if qualified goes to Group discussion .
Once clearing GD will contain 3-4 technical rounds.

Interview Question – would be does matter it will be difficult but i have seen candidates who are very confused if we ask them why do you want to join hp , were you will see yourself after 5 years.   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Contract Administrator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Had created a profile on their recruitment website, uploaded CV. First contact was by phone and also first interview, to test English abilities.After about a week, they called back and asked me to come for another interview. I was put in a meetings room and recieved a logical test with time limit. The third interview was with the manager of the department, who seemed completely uninterested in what I had to say and kept asking if I was sure I wanted to apply for this job.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was the department manager asking me if I was sure I wanted to apply for that job. He didn't seem convinced by my answer, so he asked me two more times.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Written round (English, aptitude, questions based on networking), GD, Technical round,HR. It was quite simple.

Negotiation Details – Be positive and show enthusiasm to learn.

I/S Architect III Interview

I/S Architect III

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Very detailoriented interview. They touch base on each and every aspect of technology from architecture to real programming constructs. AS an architect. The candidate needs to know architecture patterns and should be able to well articulate.

Interview Question – Details on using Microsoft WCF internals.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – totally 4 rounds
1. aptitude + technical written
2. group discussion
3. Techical round
4. HR

Interview Question – 3. Techical round   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – 1st round is with HR Recruiting. They will screen to ensure you meet the minimum bar. 2nd round is with the Hiring Manager. 3rd round is face-to-face w/manager. 4th round is with peers and other managers who will provide a 'consensus opinion'. 6th round is with SVP. If you make it this far, the job is yours to lose. And, if you are recommended by an internal employee this whole process is accelorated.

Note: HP will negotiate salary so be bold in your "ask". And, know that once you get hired, your salary will almost never change. Even if you are promoted HR will be limited in how much they can move you up. So, be aggressive.

Interview Question – Tell me about your most impressive win, the one that defines you today and why that is.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – Good hiring process. Telephonic interview followed by 3 rounds of technical interview. Then interview with senior manager then HR. Reasonable offer

Interview Question – All questions were expected   Answer Question

Hi-tech Interview

Hi-tech

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – testing, group activity, interviewing, one on one interview with manager

Interview Question – how can I have such question?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – background work in finding out what dept you are applying to and if you have friends working in the dept. Interviews are usually more of a formality rather than a real interview. The issue is usually on price.

Interview Question – How much do you expect to be paid for your service?   Answer Question

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!