Hewlett-Packard

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Getting the Interview

1,360 candidate interviews

CAD Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – First Round-phone interview- Questions on synthesis, vlsi design flow, APR tool, basic vli questions

Interview Question – Easy Interview   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – managers are remote so questions around working remotely

Interview Question – how function in remote team   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted through an email a couple weeks after. The email asked several questions about where I wanted to work (either Corvalis or San Diego), and what type of topics I wanted to be involved with (mechanical design, fluid anaylsis, etc.). I responded to the questions and received an email the next day saying that I passed the preliminary screening and they wanted to have a phone interview with me in a week. The phone interview went terribly and I was not offered a position.

The interviewer would hardly let me get a word in and kept interrupting me while I was speaking. The first few questions asked about a time I was frustrated in a group and a time i was frustrated with a person in management position. We weren't on the same page the entire time and the technical question he gave me was hard to visualize and on basic physics I've forgotten a long time ago.

Interview Question – He gave me a projectile motion problem that shot at a plate vertically downward, and he wanted me to calculate the energy loss due to air friction. I attempted to use kinematic equations at first which was stupid but I haven't done basic physics in a while. He gave me a tip to use energy methods (initial and final kinetic energies and potential energies) and then I solved it but the whole process was very uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – had a telephone interview that was succinct and detailed and felt good about it, then they called me back to come in for a face to face meeting, after skyping a meeting and detailing any answers they needed. The waiting was the hard part, but felt pretty sound after all.

Interview Question – What are your perceived weaknesses and how would you like to fix them?   View Answer

Sales & Operation Intern Interview

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – Met at Campus Career Fair. Got an email to set up an interview in 2 weeks.
2 phone interviews. First one was mostly behavioral and the second one is more laid back.

Interview Question – What major changes did you implement in life?   Answer Question

IT Developer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Phone screening will include several technical/scripting questions.

Interview Question – Give an example of a script you wrote to help with your current position.   Answer Question

Help Desk Interview

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – Never update you what is the process going on even there is my friend refer me to the company!

CAD Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – 1. Two resistors in series, what are their resistance? What is the voltage at the the 2nd resistor with a voltage source of 1V.
2. Two resistors in parallel, what air their resistance? Why?
3. A switch in series with a resistors and capacitor, what does the voltage between the capacitor look like in a graph?
4. Design a NAND gate in CMOS technology. Why is their sizings different? If a signal arrives earlier, which input should we put it at?
5. A layout with a long 2000um path, how should we decrease delay?
6. Different V_threshold for different types of gates, which one is faster? (For example 0.2V, 0.5V, 0.7V)
7. Behavioral question - What happens if you have a argument in the group?

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Basic behavior questions with HR. Why choose your MBA program? Tell me a time when you have to do multi tasks.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – The Interview process was very hard and interviewers were harsh

Interview Question – 1. 3 Million users are in the network. Every 5 secs latitude and longtitude updates.Find out the 5 closest users.
2. Implement a linked list in java
3. In tomcat how many threads can be set at a time.
4. Public Class A{
Private String user;
Private String Password;
Public Boolean equals(Obj O){
// write code for this method
}
}
5. Sequence diagram for gas pump station
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard interview questions and advice. All 1,360 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.