Hewlett-Packard

Updated Sep 27, 2014
1,565 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

I'm a fresher from a non CS branch. In the technical interview they checked if my fundamentals were strong by asking some basic questions from C, Data structures and OS. In the managerial interview they wanted to know about my final year project. And HR round was all about communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • I had mentioned that I root android phones and flash different ROMs. I was asked to explain the rotoing process.   Answer Question

Technology Consultsnt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

I applied online thru their website. I got a call less than 1 week, inviting for an interview at their office, then also got an interview with the HR after 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us something about your self that is not in your resumé.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, it was great. To God Be the Glory.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Phone interviews are not interesting by nature. Coordinating a call from west to east coast alone is painful, add the fact that phones just take away the benefits of body language, and just make it harder to hear, and you've got a recipe for disaster.phone interview and questions related to behavioral HR questions and some technical questions.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Hiring process took 1 week. Interview was technical and based on lean principles. Initial phone screening was basic: available for relocation, visa status, why are you fit for this position, work history. 1:1 technical interview with hiring manager which lasted for about an hour.

Graduate Development Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Day1: Received an email to sign up for a virtual interview

Day5: Took part in a virtual interview with a hiring recruiter. She screened my resume and asked me basic questions to qualify me for the position.

Day7: I was referred for the position.

Day9: I received a call from a hiring recruiter who went over the program with me, and asked me if I had any questions. She then scheduled an interview date with a hiring manager.

Day11: Took place in a interview with the hiring manager. The interview was fairly easy for the most part. Some questions asked were:

Why did you choose this position?
    Why would you like to work for HP?
    Tell me about a time that you overcame a issue at work?
    How do you handle difficult working situations?
    How much would you like to be compensated?
    Are you willing to relocate?
    What is your weakness in your current position?
    What is your weakness (general)?
    What are your strengths?
    Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years?

The hiring manager also wanted me to explain my entire resume to her as well as my education and background...this is how the interview started out, so be prepared to explain those things in detail because they will have your resume handy.

The interview process took close to 50minutes.

After the interview I was told that I did really good and that I would be setup for a final interview in a couple of weeks with the direct manager whom I will be working for to include a panel. I will update this once I have my final interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness in your current position was difficult for me because I don't feel or like to feel that I have a weakness.   Answer Question

Back Office Administration Interview

I was called by a recruiter for an opportunity. Things seemed pretty standard at first: telephone interview to go over my background, qualifications and interest. Invited to recruiters office for interview, etc. Nothing too unusual until I got to the recruiters office . . .

The recruiter asked me blatantly illegal questions: Are you married? Does your spouse work? Do you have children. I was absolutely shocked.

The two hour interview had been going very well up to that point. The above questions were the recruiter's final questions. I was caught completely off-guard, but answered the questions.

When I told the recruiter that I was married and did have small children, it was like all of the air was sucked out of the room. The recruiter's demeanor completely changed and she got a look on her face like "what a waste of time." She abruptly concluded the interview at that point.

Interview Questions
    • It seemed like HP hired the recruiter so those questions could be asked while shielding HP from liability for asking them.   Answer Question

Specialist Software Engineer Interview

3 rounds of coding test and Programming language check.
    If all 3 people have average good feedback, you are hired.
    Manager will come next and talk about higher level software and firmware stuffs.
    Manager will also ask about HR questions. He will ask about the your strengths and weakness.
    Next is HR round. HR will be not a problem at all. Just simple questions.
    In HP Manager is the final decider and not HR

Commodity Planner Interview

i am taking the relocation package from Shanghai to Taiwan, there is not much interview process.
    we are talking about the payment and also the salary expectation.

also there 3 phone interviews with hiring manager/Director/HR.

N/A

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

written test, technical interview , HR. written is based on 2 sections one is aptitude, another is techical technical interview they asked to write programs also be prepared, c with data structures,java,small programs but logical ones.

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

General Sales questions were asked at the interview. Try to convince me to buy something that you are selling was probably the most difficult question. Make sure you thoroughly research the company.

Interview Questions

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!