Hewlett-Packard

1,475 candidate interviews

User Experience Interview

User Experience
Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Recruited from another firm - HP recruiter reviewed previous employment, types of industries, scope of engagements & successes. Lead to several phone interviews and picked up after four screenings. Various groups around the U.S. participated in process. Time frame was two weeks from start to finish.

Account Support Engineer Interview

Account Support Engineer

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – through an employee referreal, three interviews technical, management and HR.
the process take a long time: 6 months there was a huge number of candidates, the HP internal process to get an hiring slot is very complex, if you get an offer is better to answer in a quick time, in order to avoid hiring freeze processes

Interview Question – a real case problem to solve   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salaty negotiation

Strategy Manager Interview

Strategy Manager
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – All case interviews. Two first round through phone, three onsite face to face. The content of cases depend on each interviewer, some are quite high level, some goes down to numbers and details. All cases except one are related to HP business.

Interview Question – Mostly common asked questions such as why HP, why corporate strategy, why now.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – I was contacted through a consultancy company, the process consisted of 3 different interviews - one with my manager who was the division manager, another with my sponsor, who was my peer in marketing team and one more with both of them together. all on different days, a week difference between each one.

Interview Question – had Qlikview and Excel exercises ask questions to solve. most difficult one was to use SQL syntax within QV for a complex query and send the dump to an Excel based data base, then have a few macros done on it using VBA.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negociate

Supply Chain IT DeveloperInterview Interview

Supply Chain IT DeveloperInterview
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2013.

Interview Details – Met through college recruiter. Received a phone call a week later to have an online interview (like Skype, Google Hangout). Behavioral interview with several people that asked nothing about coding. Never heard back after the interview.

Interview Question – Name one time you encountered a difficulty.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant I Interview

Technology Consultant I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – I was called by Hewlett Packard after giving my resume three times. I was only interviewed once by the manager. She didn't ask me any technical questions but rather about my achievements and what I contributed to my last job. If I recall correctly she asked me what I wanted to do in 5 years for my career, and what I was interested in for the job. Note I didn't know what the career was when I applied.

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate. For me the salary was okay as compared to my last one.

Software Testing Interview

Software Testing
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2014.

Interview Details – Got my interview via a recruiting agency. Process was fast for the scheduling. Very casual. Just background experience related questions. Supposed to have a technical assignment after the interview but ended up not getting one.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Technical Solutions Consultant III/Good Experience Interview

Technical Solutions Consultant III/Good Experience
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – It was a walkin and I was referred through the consultancy
1. HR will call and will take the basic requirement
2. Communication round
3.GD
4. Technical Round
5. Managerial round
6. Offer Letter

very smooth process , the best thing was they bought my notice period . Also it is one of the best company to work for.

Negotiation Details – The company would offer you as per market standard and your experience

Information Architect Interview

Information Architect
Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Process was over several weeks. Had to sit with 3 managers as well as team members, many questions about my background, past projects, skills, etc. Did not get an offer for over 30 days after the interviews.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Software Designer Interview

Software Designer
Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2010.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview, followed by a technical interview along with a test. English skills tested, as the employer requires such ability. Managers and peers participated in the process. I had interviews with people from the site as well as foreign team members.

Interview Question – What if I had to do something that I don't agree with?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard interview questions and advice. All 1,475 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.