Hewlett-Packard

Relevance Date Difficulty

HP Software and Hardware QA Interview

HP Software and Hardware QA
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Staffing Agency, they set up a phone interview to review my skills and if there was anything that I needed to brush up on. I then had a in person interview on site with two of the leads and the manager to see if i would be a good fit with the company.

Interview Question – Have you ever used SI (Sudden Impact) it is a bug tracking system used in company only, as well as the term dashing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Would you like a job working as a contractor here for 22 an hour.

Technical Solutions Representative IV Interview

Technical Solutions Representative IV
Rio Rancho, NM

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2013.

Interview Details – Was referred by a friend, received a call and had an interview 3 days later. Interview had technical section and customer support section. Interview is very relaxed and has extremely basic questions.

Interview Question – Questions about BIOS and RAID   Answer Question

Medicaid Buy In Clerk Interview

Medicaid Buy In Clerk

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had two interviews with the company which I got both positions that I applied for. The position that I have right not I was hired within. The whole process went very smoothly and there is nothing that I will change about that.

Interview Question – What is my weakest strength? The questions always catches me off guard.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT Manager II Interview

IT Manager II
San Diego, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was part of an account take-over and all incumbent staff were hired en-masse. The only interviews were with new HP managers and determining if existing positions were in line with career goals. The actual interview was also mixed with new hire company orientation.

Interview Question – Would I be interested in moving from project management to operations   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very short and assembly-line like.

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Seattle, WA

I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2010.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview, not very detailed, but cursory information was gathered regarding my technical experience and expertise. They also wanted to ensure my employment eligibility within the US as a Canadian citizen was valid under the NAFTA TN-1 agreement. We also discussed my most recent projects and experience with ASP.NET

Interview Question – What is your experience level with SQL Server and IIS?   Answer Question

Technical Solutions Consultant Interview

Technical Solutions Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Received phone call to come in for an interview. When in had 3 person panel interview and the questions were behavior interview. The individuals were really friendly individuals that make you feel part of the team. Indicated will get a response in 2 weeks and currently still waiting on a response.

Interview Question – How did you research the company?   Answer Question

Technology Consultant IV Interview

Technology Consultant IV

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then face to face interview. Typical job interview - they asked about experiences posted on my resume and skills etc. Interviewed with the actual team I would be working with.

Interview Question – What drives you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted their offer with no negotiation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Interview Details – Process is straight forward, and can take 2-3 weeks for contact.

Standard phone interview about strengths weakness and may include some questions on your past abilities.

In house interview can contain an internal HR rep and generally the manager of the team you could be assigned too, also the more technical the role expect more people in the room such as other team members could be asked to join to assist in the interview.

Technical questions generally are not hard if you know what your doing, if you don't know the answer try not to make up something and would be better to answer it like you would seek assistance from another member of the team or such.

Interview Question – Technical questions would vary depending on the job, there are no set of questions that could be considered standard here. if your going for a programming position expect to be drilled on some standard questions how would you start a project and how do you write code; how well do you document your code.

You may or may not get questions on please write a java script on pulling information from a table questions (this is an example) most of the time there we are looking for how do you come up with your answer the best practice on securing a SQL code. you wont be expected to know every little bit about everything in programming I have 21 years of experience and still don't but the more your diversified in your skill sets the better it will be.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask what you required of your base pay, if it is in range they will counter and most of the time find something in between this since your job code will always reflect a change in pay.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

Interview Details – Process seems a bit disorganized. I apply via job board site. HP recruiter sees it can calls me, telling me to apply again via HP's site. Some usually back-and-forth from there, including screen. After screen, I receive an email that the position is closed BUT current interviews in progress will continue. Then I have phone interview, which went very well, but have heard nothing since. Drawn out and a bit disorganized process.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. More a discussion of work and experience on prior projects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was a very long process for me that yielded no fruit. I was invited to a fast-track session onsite where you could interview with all four branches of their security division. After a stressful 3 hours there, I was able to talk with four people and the ArcSight Logger team responded. Then I was invited onsite after two weeks where I was interviewed by six people on topics ranging from Concurrency to LinkedList manipulation. Then after two weeks had passed, sure that I was going to be given an offer if selected, I was invited to yet another onsite to talk with two people. By this time I was mentally tired of the process and pretty much blew it. So all in all interviewed with 12 people over 3 visits and didn't get an offer. I would have preferred I really didn't have to come for the last onsite especially if I wasn't going to be selected.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard