Hewlett-Packard

Updated Feb 25, 2015
1,745 Interview Reviews

2.9

Technology Consultant Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

You will interview with HR, and hiring managers. The questions are primarily behavioral based. It will start out with a phone conversation, next will be HR, and then an interview with a manager or senior consultant, and then a quick conversation with a hiring manager. The process is fairly quick, and was pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical (i.e code this, describe this code, etc. nothing like that)   Answer Question

Low offer for cost of living in the area. Also, wouldn't add bonus, pay raises into contract.

Healthcare Representative III Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

The interview process wasn't bad, the hiring process however is incredibly tedious and ridiculous. There are numerous emails with HR, forms to be filled out online, some people get emails saying they were overlooked for the position from HR then get called for an interview, and some people get overlooked then hired when the revolving door opens again. Turnover is incredibly high.

Interview Questions
    There was none. You get 12 an hour and a decent benefits package. HP located in Rock County because its impoverished and they can offer low pay as a carrot to hire people. Unfortunately people constantly quit or leave for better jobs or get fired.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

It was a phone interview. They asked mostly behavioral questions. I got positive feedback throughout the interview. The interviews were very engaged. I enjoyed talking to them, and at the end they answered my questions thoroughly.

SQA III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

It was a face to face with a review of experience, philosophy, and direction. Some technical questions but the emphasis was on problem solving and process skills. I was interviewed by two people, a team lead and a sales engineer type. The team and project was just starting u so we reviewed the team's needs and how to go about creating the processes, evaluating what technology was needed, and how to implement those new technologies.

Straight forward. It was a large increase, even though I asked for a large increase over my last job, so no real negotiation.

SAP Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

3 rounds of interview. 2 technical & 1 HR round. First one was Telephonic & second round was 1:1. All done in 20 days & got an offer in couple of days. Hassle free negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were from the past experience & related to SAP Software.   Answer Question
    Ask the maximum you can ask while getting hired. As there will for sure be no hike for at least the next 2 years. All promises but no hike.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

The company came to my university for on site. After talking with the HR and hiring manager, I applied online; 1st round was phone interview, asking basic financial knowledges. Then got 3 phone interviews from 3 different departments.

Interview Questions
    • list every single item on Income Statement and balance sheet statement in order.   Answer Question
    non negotiable

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Three rounds of interviews plus one with recruiter. Questions ranged from abstract Google type to standard HR questions. HR is 50/50- some are good and others are not. Interviews were all via phone

I was able to negotiate about 20% more than initial offer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

You will get contacted by a recruiter first. Then if you make the cut the hiring manager will want to meet with you. After at least one interview, maybe more, a decision will be made. Ask for as much $$ as you think you can get!!! If they can't pay you that, they will just offer you less. Do not sell your self short. It's very hard to get raises after you get in. So... start as high as you can.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when..... It will all be behavioral interview questions. Be prepared for that! You will be asked questions about the SDLC, your knowledge of the particular system/business you'll be working with and your ability to work as a team.   View Answer

NOC Technician Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2014.

There was first a phone interview with the hiring manager that took 30 minutes. After that, there's an on-site interview with four people, half an hour each, totaling to 2 hours. The first half hour is just the hiring manager again explaining the job in detail, so there's really only three interviews, one with another NOC technician and two other supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Almost all questions are based off what's on your resume, and a few situational questions such as dealing with angry customers. Most of the time it's just conversational chit-chat, may not have anything to do with the job.   Answer Question

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied through their website (online form), and uploaded my resume. I received the call from HR after about two weeks, and they asked some questions about my background. afterwards, they asked for my availability for next weeks, and after several formal email I had my first technical phone interview about 50 minutes. Overally, my interview processes was included two phone interviews, in addition to the in site interview in Roseville, CA location. there were 3 interviewers including the hiring manager (plus lunch). I had the tour arround HP with all interviewers, they were from different departments, and they show me their laps.