Hewlett-Packard

Updated Nov 25, 2014
1,652 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Phone interviews are not interesting by nature. Coordinating a call from west to east coast alone is painful, add the fact that phones just take away the benefits of body language, and just make it harder to hear, and you've got a recipe for disaster.phone interview and questions related to behavioral HR questions and some technical questions.

Graduate Development Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Day1: Received an email to sign up for a virtual interview

Day5: Took part in a virtual interview with a hiring recruiter. She screened my resume and asked me basic questions to qualify me for the position.

Day7: I was referred for the position.

Day9: I received a call from a hiring recruiter who went over the program with me, and asked me if I had any questions. She then scheduled an interview date with a hiring manager.

Day11: Took place in a interview with the hiring manager. The interview was fairly easy for the most part. Some questions asked were:

Why did you choose this position?
    Why would you like to work for HP?
    Tell me about a time that you overcame a issue at work?
    How do you handle difficult working situations?
    How much would you like to be compensated?
    Are you willing to relocate?
    What is your weakness in your current position?
    What is your weakness (general)?
    What are your strengths?
    Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years?

The hiring manager also wanted me to explain my entire resume to her as well as my education and background...this is how the interview started out, so be prepared to explain those things in detail because they will have your resume handy.

The interview process took close to 50minutes.

After the interview I was told that I did really good and that I would be setup for a final interview in a couple of weeks with the direct manager whom I will be working for to include a panel. I will update this once I have my final interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness in your current position was difficult for me because I don't feel or like to feel that I have a weakness.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Hiring process took 1 week. Interview was technical and based on lean principles. Initial phone screening was basic: available for relocation, visa status, why are you fit for this position, work history. 1:1 technical interview with hiring manager which lasted for about an hour.

Back Office Administration Interview

I was called by a recruiter for an opportunity. Things seemed pretty standard at first: telephone interview to go over my background, qualifications and interest. Invited to recruiters office for interview, etc. Nothing too unusual until I got to the recruiters office . . .

The recruiter asked me blatantly illegal questions: Are you married? Does your spouse work? Do you have children. I was absolutely shocked.

The two hour interview had been going very well up to that point. The above questions were the recruiter's final questions. I was caught completely off-guard, but answered the questions.

When I told the recruiter that I was married and did have small children, it was like all of the air was sucked out of the room. The recruiter's demeanor completely changed and she got a look on her face like "what a waste of time." She abruptly concluded the interview at that point.

Interview Questions
    • It seemed like HP hired the recruiter so those questions could be asked while shielding HP from liability for asking them.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

General Sales questions were asked at the interview. Try to convince me to buy something that you are selling was probably the most difficult question. Make sure you thoroughly research the company.

Mailroom Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfort, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfort, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2014.

I had to bring in verification, interviewing process was at a hotel conference room and I spoke with the hiring manager for the job and he told me he would be in contact with me and then I received a phone call concerning the job within the next day and I got hired on immediately and then began working the next day

N/A

HP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

3 rounds

0.5 hrs of just puzzels and logical reasoning

Media Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2014.

I applied online for an opportunity in the Enterprise/Cloud Servers Group. A recruiter called me back to discuss a similar opening with the Printers and PCs group. The talk went well enough that she was going to set up an interview with a hiring manager. Several unreturned follow-up calls on my part later, I received a rejection email from HP for a job in sales I most certainly did not apply for. I'll be kind and say this is an organization where the right tentacle does not know what the other seven are doing, but I can't say this improved my regard for them.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be interested in supporting the Printers and PCs group?   View Answer

Marketing Programs Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2014.

The HR person was very nice and had a pleasant interview with her. She sent out a questionnaire first which took a while to complete. The next part was the hiring manager. She was rude and asked questions that I believe definitely ruled me out from going forward (see unexpected question below) when we were done. Additionally, she rescheduled the interview a couple of times and seemed pressed for time when we spoke which I believe ruled me out before we began. I had the feeling the entire time that she had to be elsewhere and I do not believe anything I said would have made a difference. I was tempted to say, let's reschedule when you are not under pressure of a deadline.

Interview Questions
    • What is our complete porfolio of products that we manage?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2014.

Phone interview. The interviewer is nice, I was ask a several basic programming questions first. And then a algorithm, then something on my resume, then asking some questions about the company. We share a link for easily typing words during the interview.No behavior questions.Nothing unusual expected. I definitely didn't get passed because I' not sure about some of the questions.