Hewlett-Packard

Updated Oct 19, 2014
1,600 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Automation Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Had a contact through someone I knew, who was able to pass around my resume. Process took longer than usual because they were in the middle of reorganizing their team structure, but eventually got a call to set up an in person interview. Met with 4 people, first guy generally tried to get a feel for my personality, second guy picked apart my resume, third guy handed me a packet of code and asked me what it did, third guy was more technical with questions about OOP and inheritance. I got the feeling that I answered the questions to their satisfaction, everyone was very pleasant.

Got a call 2 weeks later saying I would be receiving an offer letter by email.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what inheritance is in an object oriented programming language.   Answer Question
    They offered me an hourly salary, as an intern. No way did I try and negotiate

Fresh Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Fresh graduate go through series of interviews starting from a screening interview, peers interview, hiring manager interview and then the next level manager interview. The interview with the peers and then hiring manager is the key interview. Any project work mentioned on the application is drilled into to assess what specific role and work was handled by the candidate on team project type of deliverables.

Interview Questions
    • Other than evaluating the Business Acumen, Customer Focus and Technical skills for the specific position needs, they are given a case study or two to solve during the interview process. Case Study is based on a high school level complexity problem applied to the real life scenarios.   View Answer
    HP has a standard starting salary and benefits that are not open much to negotiation.

Project Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2014.

Interview was via phone and they first gave a review of the position and then began asking questions in specific groups. At the end they asked about salary and that was the biggest issue. They should have asked about salary prior to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one difficult question. Interview went fine and questions were pretty expected but the salary was the issue.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

There was no hiring or interview process as HP bought the company I was with and so I transitioned over without this process but a few others had to re-interview. There was a major re-alignment of job titles, organizations and management at the time and several afterwards, but no further interviews were required.

Svc Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

quick interview just to make sure you can get an assignment, no tech questions... asking mostly about previous experience and if i did any mobile development. normal questions and some about how i would do and what i did before when i got into situation missing deadline and how to avoid that and so on....

Interview Questions
    • not any... because they are not sure what the future will hold for their client   Answer Question
    phone call with the staffing team

Quality Engineer Interview

Professional people working in a company that is struggling to find it's way back to the top. The interview was more about finding ways to weed you out, rather than determining if you were a good fit for the company. Some of the people that were part of the interview seemed like they didn't want to be there and were just doing the interview to appease their boss.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were asked to work overtime and weekends without any compensation?   Answer Question

Systems Specialist Interview

The team that I got into needed to be staffed very quickly. So the hiring process was quick for me. Pretty standard interview process - There was a phone screening. After that, two rounds of technical interviews that were one hour each. Subsequently there was a phone interview with an engineer from the US office. The hiring process was not that complex too. The HR department needed some prodding, but they communicated pretty quickly as well.

Interview Questions
    • My background is Storage. So I was asked to design a storage disk array system on paper.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Was contacted by recruiter and quick phone screen on qualifications and salary requirements. Was then set up for face to face with two managers. Questions mostly behavior and the usual tell me about you background, why hp etc. Very friendly environment.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you handled customer complaint?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
        Answer Question

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Recruited from another firm - HP recruiter reviewed previous employment, types of industries, scope of engagements & successes. Lead to several phone interviews and picked up after four screenings. Various groups around the U.S. participated in process. Time frame was two weeks from start to finish.

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

All case interviews. Two first round through phone, three onsite face to face. The content of cases depend on each interviewer, some are quite high level, some goes down to numbers and details. All cases except one are related to HP business.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly common asked questions such as why HP, why corporate strategy, why now.   Answer Question