Hewlett-Packard

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring Process is always slow in this company so stay patient. Interviews and feedback are somewhat slow as well. Some will ask more technical skill based questions and others will be based more on the soft skills. Come prepared for both and know your content.

Interview Question – There were no specific questions just more information about yourself and your previous experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiate they have the flexibility.

R&D Mechanical Engineer Interview

R&D Mechanical Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Started with a half hour college fair interview. Followed by a one hour technical phone screen solving statics, dynamics, solid mechanics and fluid dynamics questions over the phone. Followed by a one day on site interview from 8am to 4pm - half was technical, solving engineering problems and half was behavioral - lunch was also part of the interview process. Overall all it was about a month from phone screen to on site interview until offer was given. Recent interviews seem less technical and more behavioral but if you are going for a technical interview you should know your engineering basics.

Interview Question – technical- set up and solve free body diagrams; solve partial differential equations.
behavioral- talk about a conflict you had in a group project and how you worked through it.
  Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2013.

Interview Details – Was supposed to be on campus interview then final round of interviews at the Houston office. Instead, the first on campus interview was cancelled, and had several phone interviews before receiving an invitation for a rescheduled on campus interview. The final round of interview in Houston was composed of roughly 5-6 people.

Interview Question – What is Free Cash Flow (FCF)?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – 1:1 with the same person on 2 different days, then asked to put together a marketing plan. Phone interviews were then scheduled with other members of the team that were located out-of-town. One Director on the team was late, & spent less than 15 minutes for the call (that was scheduled to be 45 minutes). This interviewer was very negative, and had an air of "I feel threatened/why do I have to talk to you" tone when talking to me. I had to explain an answer 3 times in different ways (a topic I have deep experience in/felt very confident in my past success with), and the entire conversation felt very disjointed. Ultimately, the team passed on me via word from the in-person interview contact. The negative interviewer derailed the entire interview process, although he spent less than 15 minutes on a call with me. I believe this is all for the best, and suspect the disjointed/negative interview experience was a snapshot of the culture of this team.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Sales Specialist Interview

Senior Sales Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2012.

Interview Details – Brought in through reciter, met with Hiring Manager in Hotel Lobby and she made a verbal offer on the spot. I later accepted. The interview questions were very basic, the Manager was new and not technical at all. She had less experience than I had.

Interview Question – The interview was easy, the Manager was new and inexperienced and di not stick around long afterwards.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, they gave me everything I asked for.

Configuration Manager Interview

Configuration Manager

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – Job is usually posted as HP Internal first then it goes out to public if no candidate is matched. Usually HP contact a Job agency for a candidate. Agency will then set up the interview date/time/location for a potential candidate. There are usually at least 2 interviews (initial then final) or more all depends on the job.

Interview Question – Should be familiar with HP tools and servers/OS platforms and CMDB/ITIL processes   Answer Question

IT Developer/Engineer Interview

IT Developer/Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Was hired as a college graduate. Initial interview conducted through campus followed by an in-office interview of 4 short rounds with different people. Was given an offer shortly after.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied in-person and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – None current co. Was bought out. If your company is bought out be prepared to be dismantled. Though during course of employment I did move around and their are opportunities as I mentioned but interviewing with other managers was primarily base on recommendations and work ethic .

Interview Question – Can you relocate overseas   View Answer

Chief of Staff Interview

Chief of Staff
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Weird - distributed model - where administrative assistants to hiring managers might orchestrate interview process depending on group / function and resourcing. It took 3 months from start to finish and was poorly communicated from start to finish.

Interview Question – What product can you not live without and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I pushed hard for increased offer based on actual facts of my compensation. Offer was modified to an acceptable exchange. Do not go in without knowledge of the hiring practices and constraints the company is under in a turn around phase.

IT Analyst I Interview

IT Analyst I

I applied online and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – applied online.. got an e-mail after 2 days to schedule an interview and then telephone interview with 3 persons. 1 was manager, 1 was team lead and 1 was HR guy (i guess).
Interview was not difficult .. still waiting for their reply as the interview took place 4 days ago.

Interview Question – nothing difficult .. but the interviewer asked me to explain ‘how many piano (or any instrument) repairers are there in the US. (explain with logical reasons). and some questions related to networks and some computer security concepts.   Answer Question