Hewlett-Packard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Chief of Staff Interview

Chief of Staff
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Weird - distributed model - where administrative assistants to hiring managers might orchestrate interview process depending on group / function and resourcing. It took 3 months from start to finish and was poorly communicated from start to finish.

Interview Question – What product can you not live without and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I pushed hard for increased offer based on actual facts of my compensation. Offer was modified to an acceptable exchange. Do not go in without knowledge of the hiring practices and constraints the company is under in a turn around phase.

IT Analyst I Interview

IT Analyst I

I applied online and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – applied online.. got an e-mail after 2 days to schedule an interview and then telephone interview with 3 persons. 1 was manager, 1 was team lead and 1 was HR guy (i guess).
Interview was not difficult .. still waiting for their reply as the interview took place 4 days ago.

Interview Question – nothing difficult .. but the interviewer asked me to explain ‘how many piano (or any instrument) repairers are there in the US. (explain with logical reasons). and some questions related to networks and some computer security concepts.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Corvallis, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – I applied to an open requisition and was contacted by an admin. We setup a one on one phone screen with the hiring manager. The team had a definite need and my skills were a direct fit. The phone screen largely consisted of a conversation about my work history. There was definitely personality probing happening. I was quickly contacted for a face to face interview. I arrived on site and was warmly welcomed and escorted to an meeting room. I had a series of one on one interviews with an engineer who would become my teammate, a developer who I would support and the hiring manager. The questions were focused on approaches to handling problems and ability to deal with changing parameters while problem solving. All the interviews were conducted with absolute professionalism. After the interviews I was told I'd be contacted shortly.

Several days later the admin called me and extended an offer. I was happy with the offer and accepted.

Interview Question – "What's your favorite design pattern?" -- This was asked by the developer after we'd already had a conversation about software design approaches. I'm pragmatic and most of my experience is from application rather than books.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I was happy with the offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Boise, ID

I applied online - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted via telephone by the division manager for an interview. From submitting the application to getting the phone call was about 5-6 weeks. The interview was structured so that I saw two managers in the morning, had lunch with two team members, and saw two more managers in the afternoon. The interviews were all one-on-one and pretty typical.

Interview Question – How many power poles are there between Seattle and Portland?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bedford, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2014.

Interview Details – First is HR interview. Just want to make sure your resume and your skills. Second is technique interview. What is OOP,what is JAVA features and explain these. Muttiple thread questions. What is dead lock, how to solve that. DATABASE questions,like what difference between 3 kinds of join.

Interview Question – Because I apply the position is JAVA development position, I did not expect she could ask some questions about hibernate and spring MVC,so I did not answer very well.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Conway, AR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Screening, Phone Interview, than onsite or or second phone interview if you are located outside the hiring area. Be ready with your resume at all times, and be ready to "go" - answer phone professionally if from 281 or 501 area code

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in sales?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Legal Interview

Legal
Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – The HP hiring process is a certified joke! If you are simply a minority you have got a great chance of getting hired. No one else should waste their time. HP hires at the lowest common denominator.

Interview Question – Nothing challenging.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

Interview Details – Telephone Interview. In person interview. Hired quickly, but details took a long time.
Professional interview with specific questions targeted to understand background and experience. Interviewed at company in managers office. Bleek building décor inside, nothing that demonstrates the company culture or personality.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Recruiter gave me one number during interview phase then came back with a much lower offer. Company not too willing to negotiate after offer.

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2012.

Interview Details – Expect many layers and there is a high possibilitg of reschedules. You will most likely get the recruiter first over the phone and later the manager on the phone. The it can be a panel or a series of others inperson. Then lastly an interview with the hiring manager's manager.

Interview Question – Most questions are not technical so to speak unless you are applying for very technical position like Unix or SAN or DBA. Prep for behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is your only negotiation point. All other benefits are by the book. There is a ceiling to salary negotiations like everyone else but HP ceiling is much lower. So be aware your wiggle room is small.

HP is meeting intensive so be flexible in reschedules.

Technology Consultant Interview

Technology Consultant
Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2013.

Interview Details – You will interview with multiple managers. one by one and they will give you a set of questions. they will ask you question to see your critical thinking skills. they might ask 1 or 2 technical question.

Interview Question – did not have a difficult question they where all pretty much average   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none