Hewlett-Packard

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Process is straight forward, and can take 2-3 weeks for contact.

Standard phone interview about strengths weakness and may include some questions on your past abilities.

In house interview can contain an internal HR rep and generally the manager of the team you could be assigned too, also the more technical the role expect more people in the room such as other team members could be asked to join to assist in the interview.

Technical questions generally are not hard if you know what your doing, if you don't know the answer try not to make up something and would be better to answer it like you would seek assistance from another member of the team or such.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions would vary depending on the job, there are no set of questions that could be considered standard here. if your going for a programming position expect to be drilled on some standard questions how would you start a project and how do you write code; how well do you document your code.

You may or may not get questions on please write a java script on pulling information from a table questions (this is an example) most of the time there we are looking for how do you come up with your answer the best practice on securing a SQL code. you wont be expected to know every little bit about everything in programming I have 21 years of experience and still don't but the more your diversified in your skill sets the better it will be.
        View Answer
    Ask what you required of your base pay, if it is in range they will counter and most of the time find something in between this since your job code will always reflect a change in pay.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

Process seems a bit disorganized. I apply via job board site. HP recruiter sees it can calls me, telling me to apply again via HP's site. Some usually back-and-forth from there, including screen. After screen, I receive an email that the position is closed BUT current interviews in progress will continue. Then I have phone interview, which went very well, but have heard nothing since. Drawn out and a bit disorganized process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. More a discussion of work and experience on prior projects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

It was a very long process for me that yielded no fruit. I was invited to a fast-track session onsite where you could interview with all four branches of their security division. After a stressful 3 hours there, I was able to talk with four people and the ArcSight Logger team responded. Then I was invited onsite after two weeks where I was interviewed by six people on topics ranging from Concurrency to LinkedList manipulation. Then after two weeks had passed, sure that I was going to be given an offer if selected, I was invited to yet another onsite to talk with two people. By this time I was mentally tired of the process and pretty much blew it. So all in all interviewed with 12 people over 3 visits and didn't get an offer. I would have preferred I really didn't have to come for the last onsite especially if I wasn't going to be selected.

R&D Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2011.

I applied through HP career website and I got a call from an engineer for phone screen interview. It was not work related but some what academical question. after phone screen I got a call from admin and set up an on-site interview. onsite interview was almost all day long and 1 hour long with each person. it was all technical except the one with managers. few weeks later I got an offer and accepted it

Interview Questions
    • coding related interview since I had very limited experience with coding   Answer Question
    It was my first job so I did not negotiate. I just accepted what they offer

Support Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2012.

Interview process was relatively straight forward. I had two rounds of telephone interviews, one face to face with my direct manager, VP, and then two team leads. Offer letter came within 24 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The manager and the VP both asked very technical questions regarding product functionality. The expectation was that I would not have the answer. What they were looking for was how quickly I would respond and whether on not I had the ability to keep them engaged.   Answer Question
    The manager asked me for my requested OTE.I gave them a number 20% above my expectations. They countered with an attractive offer. I accepted.

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Meet with multiple people on the phone didn't get to see their faces. Hard interview in respect to hiring. This was an internal interview with people from different departments and from different states.

IT Developer/Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2014.

Applied online, was interviewed briefly over the phone twice by the HR rep, and then interviewed once more by the direct manager of the position. Was called back within the week and offered the position.

Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

There was a phone interview and I was later invited to visit the HP offices and talked with those that I would work with. Overall, it appears to be a welcoming and stress-free environment.

Director Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Interview experience was eye opening. I interviewed for a Director positon in the IPG group in San Diego. The process felt very "cold" - from the environment - no greeting, sea of cubicles... it spoke to a very depressed company culture. Did not convery any sense of innovation

Interview Questions
    • Business case related to future of ink and print. Truthfully, I could have done better, but if I had an answer to how HP was going to continue to milk their razor/razor blade model when (a) people are printing less (b) consumers are far more savvy to the fact they are being hosed by paying 50 dollars a cartridge on a $20 dollar printer - I wouldn't be interviewing, because I would be a miracle worker. No strategy to being screwed other than milking the cash cow and reinvesting in other businesses - but how can you when you don't attract talent because you are sitting in a sea of cubes and you charge employees 50 cents for a cup of coffee?   Answer Question

Finance Internship Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

i applied for internship through university website. It took me 7 days to receive the email saying that i was selected as a potential candidate for interview section. Interview was taken place at campus. this was 1-by-1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • including technical question related to finance and accounting.   Answer Question