Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015
1,991 Interview Reviews

2.9

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

they invest in your career because the better you are, the better they all are. they will encourage you to identify your training goals. Then they will help you exceed them. Your path may include on-the-job training, trainee programs or coaching from managers. over all iti was a good experience.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I was asked to create a deck that summarized and make recommendations around the registration flow. Once that was reviewed I was brought in for 5-6 people to interview me in-person. It was the typical mix of Engineering and Product leads, ending with the VP of Product. My interview with the VP was unceremoniously terminated the moment she established I had no degree. Apparently HP don't screen candidates very well and their exec staff aren't particularly well mannered.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

I was referred to the position from current employee who was my classmate in college. The whole interview process happened in an expeditious speed, with interview on site within two weeks of submitting my resume. The hiring manager follows up upon making the decision to hire or not.

Negotiation

It's largely based on prior experience and education

Motherboard Component Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

Very straightforward, I was contacted by someone from the team, there was a 1-hour phone interview, followed by an onsite interview with 5 1-on1 interview, plus team lunch, and a tour of the facility, and an explanation of what type of projects they're working on. The people there were very friendly, and very kind. Everything was arranged before hand.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical hardware questions, including the basics of CMOS circuits, opamps, RLC circuit behaviors, Digital design questions, adhoc problem solving/debugging questions, state machines, telegrapher's equation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Phone Interview around an hour or so. Ended up not getting a face to face interview. Interviewer seemed to be really picky since the position was in Colorado and I was in California (out of state, company paying for flight, hotel, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Basics of a MOSFET. What does MOSFET stand for? Describe what Ids vs. Vgs and Ids vs. Vds graphs. More MOSFET basics questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Corvallis, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

I had interviews with Dell, Lockheed Martin and Microsoft last Winter and Hewlett-Packard's interview process was the best by far! There were only two interviews, the first was with an HR manager and a software engineer and the second was with a group of software engineers. Both conversations were very open and polite, They were much more interested in what I wanted to do more than what I could do for them

Interview Questions

• Where do you expect to be in five years? How do you approach testing complex software, and typical behavioral interview questions   Answer Question

Entry Level IT Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview that lasted about 30-40 minutes. Asked basic questions related to customer service and technical knowledge learned through my education. Questions were simple enough to where any new IT graduate should have no problem answering with confidence.

Global Tax Interview

Interview

I received an email telling me that my resume will not be processed further. However, about a month later, I got another email to set up an phone interview with me.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2015.

Interview

The team manager called for a pre-qualifying interview, a combination of a minimum level of technical knowledge and soft skills. I was then invited on site, where I met with five other members of the team, one after another rather than facing a panel. Each team member had their own set of questions. Amongst them, they covered the entire final two years of the curriculum at my university. There were also more behavioral questions.At each stage, I was given the opportunity to ask my own questions. While the questioning was more comprehensive than any other interview I've had, the expectations were reasonable, and many questions were phrased so I could see direct applicability of my coursework to the project I'll be joining. When I didn't know something, they moved on without shaming me; when I did know, they'd probe to see how deeply I knew it.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Phone Screening for about 45 mins with general HR questions and few behavioural questions Skype Interview was more than one hour was resume walk- through and more technical questions were asked on spring and hibernate. Questions about web logistics Questions about testing tools were asked

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write a code for creating an account on bank webpage in time span of 5 mins   Answer Question