Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions

2,076 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Was called in straight to the HP campus for an interview once the managers there got hold of my resume. Got to the interview late as navigating through the HP campus is not the easiest task. Interview was mostly of my background and they kept asking questions from my resume. There were couple of technical questions but they weren't the most challenging. The interviewers shared the same background as me so that helped me a lot. It lasted about 40 minutes. I was called 2 Hours later and I accepted the offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID).

Interview

Interview process consisted if six separate interviews - with mix of managers and individual contributors. All did a great job of describing the team environment and aspects if the job. Questions were focused on prior experience at my previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where I had to compromise for the better good of a team.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. It began with a brief phone screening and then a face-to-face interview. My face-to-face interview was a panel interview that consisted of the person who would have been my supervisor along with one of the existing interns. The panel was very friendly and made it feel like they genuinely wanted to get to know me. Most of the interview questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to overcome teamwork adversity.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Had a phone screen with HR. It was a very simple and friendly interview, mostly about my background, trying to find out what I have done in the past so as to figure out if it matches up with the role.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging thing you have faced in your job?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

They came to my campus, and there was an initial screening interview of 30 minutes with a senior-level employee. I got offered a second round on the spot at the interview, and the second round took place about a week later at the campus. The second round was an all-day event that involved four separate 45 minute interviews with senior level employees. Got the offer call 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Here's a list of transactions on the white board: make a balance sheet and income statement?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Applied online and heard back for a video interview. I was glad it was a video, rather than a phone, interview because it was nice to be able to make eye contact with my interviewers. Interview went rather smoothly, and even during the wait after the interview, I had questions about the position which my interviewers were happy to answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you've dealt with a problem or failure in your experience as a project manager?   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Filter through recruiter, then interview with 1st filter to prove your english skills and technical skills. 2nd interview with manager to see if they think you can work with them.

Interview Questions

• what can you provide to the organization   1 Answer

Got better offer with a different organization.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

-Submitted application formally, and submitted resume directly through previous intern as referral -Had a 1 hr phone interview with hiring manager -2 days later, scheduled an in person interview with the site supervisor (manager was located in a different state) -2 days later received an offer, but asked to have an extension on the deadline for accepting the offer as I had other interviews lined up -The hiring manager was great, and encouraged the other interviews as she liked the fact that I wanted to make an informed decision, but also mentioned again how very much they would like for me to join their team. -I had other interviews and two more offers, but chose HP-- and so very glad I did!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to explain a complex situation to a person with little knowledge of the situation? How did you decide the process of structuring you communication?   2 Answers
    • Describe what 'thought leadership' means to you-- do think it adds value to content marketing?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself if 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What do you think are some of the biggest challenges facing digital marketers today?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was easy, the package they offered me to be an intern was above the best offers I heard from other peers.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Basic Java programming methodologies. Questions on different Java implementations including tree navigation and class creations using base class with extended classes. Position works in a team of 10 to 15 and was interview by three different representatives from the department.

Interview Questions

• Create a grocery store application, Implement an Is-A and Has-A relationship.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call back within a few days about a phone interview. I had the interview and got an email within a few days about a face to face interview. I was in front of a panel of managers hiring for multiple jobs. I heard back with the week about the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situation questions. Explain a time when you were challenged..ect.   1 Answer