Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Israel

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

I was contacted through a consultancy company, the process consisted of 3 different interviews - one with my manager who was the division manager, another with my sponsor, who was my peer in marketing team and one more with both of them together. all on different days, a week difference between each one.

Interview Questions

• had Qlikview and Excel exercises ask questions to solve. most difficult one was to use SQL syntax within QV for a complex query and send the dump to an Excel based data base, then have a few macros done on it using VBA.   Answer Question

Negotiation

did not negociate

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

Got in through a personal connection - right place at the right time. Minimal interiew.

Interview Questions

• Technical question about OLE and DDLs   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't try to negotiate. First job.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

i got a call from them to come to an on-sight interview for a student position. the interviewer was very nice and the interview itself took about 90 minutes. in addidtion to technical questions it included a detailed description of the company branch and the the team i was interviewed to. they contacted me after one week and told me i didn't get the job

Interview Questions

• questions about former projects of mine and some database questions.
      writing a code of a method which calculates the product of two given numbers without using the product operator ('*') nor any loops.

1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

I was invited to an interview at Yehud offices with 2 other graphic designers. In reality, the interview was only with one designer who talked to me for 20 minutes, reviewed my portfolio, talked to me about my future professional ambitions and then asked me to design on the spot 2 icons (not very easy ones... HP related). I got the impression the interview didn't go so well, but then I was asked to return to a second interview. This time with the graphics team manager and his assistant. the conversation went well (again, showed my portfolio, talked about my experience) and then, again, got another mini-challange... I was left in the room for 5 minutes to think about the solution, and then they came back and we talked about it. a few days later I got a phone call, saying they want me for the position.

Interview Questions

• how will you deal with a job that's less interesting than what you did before (mainly icons) and with almost zero ability to get promoted?   Answer Question

Negotiation

via Emails... overall they gave me a fair offer with good benefits (though I'm not working full-time). however, I'm not considered "HP employee" but a "contractor".

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

The hiring process was long. First an interview with the direct supervisor, then i was asked to come again for a second interview and for some test (i could not get information regarding the nature of this second interview when invited)
    I did try to get information regarding the poress, i was told that i am a leading candadate but the maneger seemed indecicive and needed more and omre tests.
    Then a computerized test

low salary

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

No real hiring as our company was acquired

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Rehovot (Israel)) in July 2012.

Interview

Personal interview, about my former expirience

Interview Questions

• How do you convince someone to do what you want him to do when he doesnt have to?   1 Answer

I didnt want to start the job when they wanted

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Rehovot (Israel)) in April 2011.

Interview

3 positive quality and 3 negative quality
    Why should i hire you and not another candidat
    Why do you want to work for HP
    Why are you interested in operation
    an example that you didn't agree with you last bos and and example how did you solved it out
    What was your most difficult dilemma you ever needed to solve and how did you solve it

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in January 2011.

Interview

First interview was with the direct supervisor, then i was asked to come again for a second interview and for computer test, then interview with manager and final interview with HR. A lot of questions about my previous experience and technology knowledge.
    I did try to get information regarding the process and job position.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Yehud (Israel)) in June 2010.

Interview

there are two technical interviews one with the group manager and the forth at HR

the technical part is made of C++ or Java questions depending on the position
    in my case it was c++
    there was a question about virtual table and how it is inplemnted by the compiler
    and a question about mirroring a binary tree

Interview Questions

• given a binary tree how would you mirrorreverse it   1 Answer
    • how does a virtual function works, and how it is implemented by the compiler   Answer Question