Hewlett-Packard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – I was contacted through a consultancy company, the process consisted of 3 different interviews - one with my manager who was the division manager, another with my sponsor, who was my peer in marketing team and one more with both of them together. all on different days, a week difference between each one.

Interview Question – had Qlikview and Excel exercises ask questions to solve. most difficult one was to use SQL syntax within QV for a complex query and send the dump to an Excel based data base, then have a few macros done on it using VBA.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negociate

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – Got in through a personal connection - right place at the right time. Minimal interiew.

Interview Question – Technical question about OLE and DDLs   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't try to negotiate. First job.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – i got a call from them to come to an on-sight interview for a student position. the interviewer was very nice and the interview itself took about 90 minutes. in addidtion to technical questions it included a detailed description of the company branch and the the team i was interviewed to. they contacted me after one week and told me i didn't get the job

Interview Question – questions about former projects of mine and some database questions.
writing a code of a method which calculates the product of two given numbers without using the product operator ('*') nor any loops.
  View Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer

I applied online and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – I was invited to an interview at Yehud offices with 2 other graphic designers. In reality, the interview was only with one designer who talked to me for 20 minutes, reviewed my portfolio, talked to me about my future professional ambitions and then asked me to design on the spot 2 icons (not very easy ones... HP related). I got the impression the interview didn't go so well, but then I was asked to return to a second interview. This time with the graphics team manager and his assistant. the conversation went well (again, showed my portfolio, talked about my experience) and then, again, got another mini-challange... I was left in the room for 5 minutes to think about the solution, and then they came back and we talked about it. a few days later I got a phone call, saying they want me for the position.

Interview Question – how will you deal with a job that's less interesting than what you did before (mainly icons) and with almost zero ability to get promoted?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – via Emails... overall they gave me a fair offer with good benefits (though I'm not working full-time). however, I'm not considered "HP employee" but a "contractor".

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Yehud (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired to HP back in the Mercury days.
The interview process involved a technical interview by a senior developer, two team leads, a group manager and an HR interview.

Interview Question – Do you know <person we both knew from previous employers>   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – short and sweet.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Yehud (Israel)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2009.

Interview Details – 4 interviews: 1 with one of the team members, 1 with the team leader, 1 with the group leader and 1 with Human Resources.
Each interview was about 1 hour and 30 minutes long.
The first 2 interviewers asked me general programming skills questions. The group leader asked me design questions.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They told me how much I will get and I took it.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied online - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2011.

Interview Details – First interview was with the direct supervisor, then i was asked to come again for a second interview and for computer test, then interview with manager and final interview with HR. A lot of questions about my previous experience and technology knowledge.
I did try to get information regarding the process and job position.

Interview Question – Print content of tree   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – The hiring process was long. First an interview with the direct supervisor, then i was asked to come again for a second interview and for some test (i could not get information regarding the nature of this second interview when invited)
I did try to get information regarding the poress, i was told that i am a leading candadate but the maneger seemed indecicive and needed more and omre tests.
Then a computerized test

Interview Question – A set of logocal questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – low salary

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – No real hiring as our company was acquired

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   View Answer

Planner Interview

Planner
Rehovot (Israel)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2011.

Interview Details – 3 positive quality and 3 negative quality
Why should i hire you and not another candidat
Why do you want to work for HP
Why are you interested in operation
an example that you didn't agree with you last bos and and example how did you solved it out
What was your most difficult dilemma you ever needed to solve and how did you solve it

Interview Question – Why should i hire you and not another candidat   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard interview questions and advice in Israel. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.