Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2012.

Interview Details – Face-to-face interview with a co-worker and manager. Reviewed past work experience and did some white boarding. Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, hired as a contractor.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied throughout the HP career site. About a month later the hiring manager emailed me to setup a time for a phone interview. However I ended up having a phone interview with his lead java engineer. The phone interview was quite easy and quick. Then I was invited for an in person interview next week. This interview lasted about 3 hours. For each hour I interviewed with two different people, which makes 6 people in total. I was not given an offer but the lead engineer offered me his recommendation for other HP positions. All of the interviewers were very kind and friendly. The technical questions require some preparation if your knowledge is not fresh enough.

Interview Questions

• What are the join types (inner join, outer join), describe what they are?   Answer Question
  • What is garbage collection in java, can you start it when you want?   Answer Question

Dublin, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of telephonic rounds of two or more people at the time grilling on software fundamentals. Data Structures, Enterprise Java Beans - Transaction Management. Describing in detail about current projects was more lengthy but exhausting process. In the end I got the offer which I joined 3 months later.

Interview Question – EJB Transaction types   View Answer

Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2013.

Interview Details – Sent out my CV and was called to a technical interview. There were two interviewers shooting questions. After i explained what i have done in the past the questions begun. They started with thread synchronization when adding/getting elements from a list, then talked about sockets and serialization. Moved on to data base related question (ex many to many implementation), then some networking questions

Interview Question – DNS and DHCP related questions   Answer Question

Java Developer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2011.

Interview Details – A phone Interview about getting to know you.

An On-site Interview with two, two on one interviews. First one was technical, the other was about communication.

They were all really nice people which made it easier to communicate with them.

Now waiting for the step next in the process.

Interview Question – What are the 4 principles of OO programming and please describe each one.   Answer Question

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!