Hewlett-Packard

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Legal Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2011.

You are called to their office for an interview; to my knowledge they do not interview at law schools.

The process is a series of meetings with two to three people in each meeting, and four different meetings. They are a mix of people who work in engineering and the legal department. I got a feeling the engineers were just tagalongs - they didn't really ask me any questions.

Each round of meetings took about 15 minutes. I also waited about 5 minutes in between each round. Everyone hands you their card. Everyone is super polite. The questions range from "why law school?" to "what is your favorite subject" to "why HP" to "what are your plans when you get out?" They also ask you about specific things on your resume.

I got a call about two weeks later saying I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions
  • Most questions were run of the mill. They also spent a good deal of time talking themselves.   Answer Question