Hewlett-Packard

Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2013.

I met a recruiter at my university career fair and he interviewed me later that night. It was fairly laid back with a few technical questions. He e-mailed me and told me he wanted to bring me in for another interview but after I responded, he never contacted me again.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Process is straight forward, and can take 2-3 weeks for contact.

Standard phone interview about strengths weakness and may include some questions on your past abilities.

In house interview can contain an internal HR rep and generally the manager of the team you could be assigned too, also the more technical the role expect more people in the room such as other team members could be asked to join to assist in the interview.

Technical questions generally are not hard if you know what your doing, if you don't know the answer try not to make up something and would be better to answer it like you would seek assistance from another member of the team or such.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions would vary depending on the job, there are no set of questions that could be considered standard here. if your going for a programming position expect to be drilled on some standard questions how would you start a project and how do you write code; how well do you document your code.

You may or may not get questions on please write a java script on pulling information from a table questions (this is an example) most of the time there we are looking for how do you come up with your answer the best practice on securing a SQL code. you wont be expected to know every little bit about everything in programming I have 21 years of experience and still don't but the more your diversified in your skill sets the better it will be.

View Answer
    Ask what you required of your base pay, if it is in range they will counter and most of the time find something in between this since your job code will always reflect a change in pay.

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2009.

Interview process was 3 weeks long consisting of a phone interview and then an in person interview. They asked a lot of "common sense" questions to see where my thinking process level was at

Interview Questions
    • Didn't have a difficult question, just questions about my past work   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate much, they presented an offer and I had the option to accept or decline