Hewlett-Packard

Updated Oct 7, 2014

3.1

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2014.

There was an initial HR screening phone interview to check skills, reason for applying, and education. Took about 30 minutes. Two weeks later, the hiring manager arranged a phone screen interview. If selected, there will then be a panel in-person or video teleconference interview.

You could tell the hiring manager either hadn't interviewed for awhile or the HP HR department makes them stick to the usual suspect list of questions to ask: Strengths, Weaknesses.

Interview Questions
  • Usually an interview starts with an opening and story with the "getting to know you", but the manager first asked- what questions do you have about the job? Slightly threw me off because I'm used to listening for cues during the interview to then ask a probing question near the end.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Phone interviews

Set salary. No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2010.

- 2 phone screens
    - 3 in person interviews

Reasonably structured process, interviewed with team; offer decision was made within a week and communicated. Interviews were typical with some behavioral and personal questions. Seemed to depend quite a bit on how much you got along with the interviewer. Offer letter received within another week with 2 weeks to make decision.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated on pay (moderate increase on base pay; lot more flexibility on starting bonus)

Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

asked about resume, expectation from company, some ideas on product

Interview Questions
    • on the spot identify a product idea in a given scenario   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview really tough; Many levels of interview; Good work culture; however very high level of 'Manager' influence in decisions. Restricted 'Freedom'

Not much

5 interviews
    2 from business units
    2 from peers
    1 from HR

Manager Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2011.

Telecon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2011.

My resume shortlised and they scheduled interview at 11:30amwhitefiled ofc .After more than an hr wait got someone spoke to me for around 30mins. It was good discussion asking about few tech and management related questions. Then again made me wait for an hr. Had someone very unprofessional at other end who hid behind some paper and writing after asking question. Bad english, horrible body language. Did not have any soft skills to interview and asked few derogatory question totaly unacceptable.
    At one point i have to throw question back at interviwer as she was annoying me

Interview Questions
    • creating a table, inserting data into a table, finding a pattern count from a file some more silly questions   Answer Question

Manager Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2010.

Phone interview with hiring manager as well as 3 peers to the role for which I was being interviewed. Each interview lasted about an hour. Process was straightforward. Offered job over the phone without meeting anyone face to face, which is strange for some but not unusual for a remote/virtual role. Also, I had the benefit of being heavily recommended within the group.

Interview Questions
    Simple. Little flexibility on salary but good flexibility on sign-on bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2010.

Was an internal job posting to which I had applied for basis elegibility.

Interview Questions
    • Was related to People Management Skills. Been good 2 years now, so cannot recollect the Questions as such   Answer Question