Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Phone interviews

Negotiation Details – Set salary. No negotiations.

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2010.

Interview Details – - 2 phone screens
- 3 in person interviews

Reasonably structured process, interviewed with team; offer decision was made within a week and communicated. Interviews were typical with some behavioral and personal questions. Seemed to depend quite a bit on how much you got along with the interviewer. Offer letter received within another week with 2 weeks to make decision.

Interview Question – What should HP do to improve its profitability?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated on pay (moderate increase on base pay; lot more flexibility on starting bonus)

Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – asked about resume, expectation from company, some ideas on product

Interview Question – on the spot identify a product idea in a given scenario   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Interview really tough; Many levels of interview; Good work culture; however very high level of 'Manager' influence in decisions. Restricted 'Freedom'

Interview Question – Yes, many unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – 5 interviews
2 from business units
2 from peers
1 from HR

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2010.

Interview Details – Employee Referral, hence I was contacted by the employee first and then the HR for an interview with the operations team. It was a panel of 2 senior leaders. The interview lasted for an hour. I was quizzed on my knowledge of teh industry, customer handling skills, ability to manage people and my reasons for looking out. Post this, I was informed within a day that I was selected. The next interview was with the center director, who quizzed my ability of forward thinking, effective communication, change adaptation amongst other things. The culture sounded quite positive.

Interview Question – Basics of mathematical theorem - Pythogarus etc.. which I haven't been in touch with for a while.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was messed up as the HR person was quite rude and made it feel like a bargain at the vegetable vendor. As this was an employee referral by a very senior manager, I did not just decline the offer, in fact escalated to the employee, who not just sorted it out for me, ensured that the issue was furher escalated.

Manager

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2011.

Interview Details – Telecon

Interview Question – c   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2010.

Interview Details – Was an internal job posting to which I had applied for basis elegibility.

Interview Question – Was related to People Management Skills. Been good 2 years now, so cannot recollect the Questions as such   Answer Question

Manager

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with hiring manager as well as 3 peers to the role for which I was being interviewed. Each interview lasted about an hour. Process was straightforward. Offered job over the phone without meeting anyone face to face, which is strange for some but not unusual for a remote/virtual role. Also, I had the benefit of being heavily recommended within the group.

Interview Question – Subject matter expert related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. Little flexibility on salary but good flexibility on sign-on bonus.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2011.

Interview Details – My resume shortlised and they scheduled interview at 11:30amwhitefiled ofc .After more than an hr wait got someone spoke to me for around 30mins. It was good discussion asking about few tech and management related questions. Then again made me wait for an hr. Had someone very unprofessional at other end who hid behind some paper and writing after asking question. Bad english, horrible body language. Did not have any soft skills to interview and asked few derogatory question totaly unacceptable.
At one point i have to throw question back at interviwer as she was annoying me

Interview Question – creating a table, inserting data into a table, finding a pattern count from a file some more silly questions   Answer Question

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!