Hewlett-Packard

3.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boise, ID
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

Organized, tough!

Interview Questions
  • Get ready for a long day - mine lasted 8 hours with about 9 different people and a group lunch. I was toast when it was over.   Answer Question
negotiated a small signing bonus

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

A single, behavioral interview over the phone was the only the step of the interviewing process for my intern position. I only spoke with a recruiter, although some interns did meet with engineers who I am sure got into the technical side of the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you took a leadership position. What struggles did you face?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate because it was an intern position

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2011.

I submitted my application online and received a call for a phone screening 2-3 weeks later. I was called back later to interview in person at their offices. The process consisted of a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager, then a product design technical interview, followed by an engineering physics interview, and finally a lunch with potential colleagues. They emailed me right after the interview letting me know that I did very well. I followed up according to standard practices. However, a week later, they notified me that they had selected another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Moment diagrams, kinematics, plastic part design   View Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2011.

minimum 2 interviews, verify the historical job scope, looking for ability to communicate well and bring across a point. look for any inconsistency in your resume versus oral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most satisfactory thing that you have accomplish in your past working experience.
      How does your wife describe you?
        Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Phone interview, followed by day long on-site interview. On-site interview includes conversations to determine if you'll fit in with the people and culture (this includes the group lunch, so don't act like you're not being interviewed during that part of the day!). There wil also be a few technical interviews with different individuals, that are very much like taking final exams, so prepare well!

Interview Questions
    • They may give you an engineering problem that they are currently working on to see if you can find a solution that no one there has come up with. They may not even have any solutions yet, so it's hard to tell if you're doing well with your answers.   Answer Question
    I was a new college grad at the time, so I was very pleased to get the offer. The salary and benefits were so good that I did not negotiate. I just signed and said thank you!

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

I had several extensive technical interviews over the phone, before being flown to location for full day of technical and behavioral interviews (4 technicals, 1 behavioral). Technical questions to understand thought process and ability to work without all necessary information. I found it pleasant, but I also enjoy technical interviewing and feel comfortable doing it.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about salary during the behavioral interview, which I had not prepared for. It also made me less sure about negotiating after getting the offer. They just sent me the offer letter with the value I had suggested.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, wish I had

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!