Hewlett-Packard

Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2014.

Applied online in the morning and was contacted the same day by HR. Thirty-minute phone interview one week later. Mostly behavioral questions and an explanation of my technical background with my future manager and several other employees, followed by an offer letter the following week. Most communication was done by e-mail and phone.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Knox, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Knox, KY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

phone interview then in person

here is what you get

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2013.

my first interview with HP was good, the questions was mainly about my background and what I want kind of projects I want to work on.

Interview Questions
    • there was no difficult question since it was the first interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Littleton, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2012.

Interview Process was good and the process for interviewing went for 3 hrs.
    But still people are nice from front end but we can say anything whats going in their mind.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions...alll was easy .Still People are not nice .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2010.

First there was an initial 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager. Then there was a group interview with the team I'd be working with.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2012.

The hiring process is long. It takes about 1-3 months and there are several interviews. The first interview is over the phone with an HR employee - they check your language skills and ask about desired salary. The second interview is with technical personal - you take a technical test and you get a lot of questions in you desired field of work (in my case - network related questions). If you pass the second, there is a third interview with the manager / Technical Lead of the team - the questions here are once again about desired salary and you can get more information regarding the team, your responsibilities and other organizational questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest thing you have achieved in your life?   Answer Question
    From my experience, HP has a more or less fixed salary margins for every position. If you ask for less than the minimum, they most likely will propose more (their minimum or around it). If you ask for more that there maximum for the position, it is likely that they will ask you to reconsider your desired salary.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2011.

This was only the first stage of the interview, but all went well. Next stage is to attend a face to face interview, then hopefully a job offer!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a priority 1 incident occured due to a change that you made.   View Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2008.

Quick process, submitted CV, called within a week, interviewed the following week and had an offer the day after. 2.5 week total process.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe the fundamental difference between core routing protocols that may be used in an enterprise environment.   Answer Question
    Yes, started at $130,000, I went to $160,000 and they offered $150,000 which I accepted which was above my lowest amount of $145,000.