Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.8

Customer Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Randolph, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

My interview was a phone interview with the Customer Delivery Manager. It was a fairly standard interview process and lasted only about 20 minutes. Questions were the usual interview questions you could expect. Manager was extremely friendly on the phone.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Phone screening interview with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, on-site interview with group

Negotiation

No room for negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Three phone interviews. Simple questions about data structures and algorithms. Described some basic SQL commands. Just received my BA and was very well equipped for these questions.

Interview Questions

• Limit SQL query return to 100 rows.   1 Answer

Couldn't negotiate a high enough salary.

Human Resources MAP Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Very casual conversation, not behavioral based. Not sure if they usually have behavioral interviews but I was expecting some and didn't get any. It was mostly a casual talk about HR in general, the state of HP, and tasks involved with HR. For those screened past the first interview, there is a case presentation, and then offers are made.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions, just questions about why I wanted to work at HP, why a career in HR, etc.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviews with program manager, practice area leader and solution architect.

Interview Questions

• What is your outlook about the information management industry for the next one year?   Answer Question

Trading Floor Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter in first week of November about this position. In two weeks I had the first interview with direct supervisor. I moved to next round. I waited till the end of January for second interview just to be informed that position was changed and HP requested from my recruiter another candidates.

Technology Consultant IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Standard interview process. Began with HR with general personality questions followed by technical interviews with the engineering team. They asked a very broad range of questions ranging from past specific job functions to "what do you want to do when you grow up" questions

Interview Questions

• what are your carrier aspirations?   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Newark, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone call interview with hiring manager. Spoke for an hour and arranged to speak with Accout rep. Sales rep approved and moved on to speaking with the HR person. Had lunch with the hiring manager who described the organization in great detail. The process was fairly short. They needed someone for a particular area and needed someone willing to be on the road most of the time. HR required a lot of paper work and that took a while to get through. Is this ever going to end?

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to cover upstate NY? What had I done with other companies? How do I compare HP products to competitors products? Am I interested in a job with HP? Do I understand how HP is organized? How much was I making and would I be willing to accept less money to join HP? I am just rambling at this point. The interview was not challenging since they really needed someone badly for the area.   Answer Question

Project/Program Manager V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

It was a regular interview process

Interview Questions

• Experience with Oracle product I did not know   1 Answer

Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

very disjoint process no direction

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes but manager had direct levels to work within