Hewlett-Packard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Strategy Manager Interview

Strategy Manager
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – All case interviews. Two first round through phone, three onsite face to face. The content of cases depend on each interviewer, some are quite high level, some goes down to numbers and details. All cases except one are related to HP business.

Interview Question – Mostly common asked questions such as why HP, why corporate strategy, why now.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring Process is always slow in this company so stay patient. Interviews and feedback are somewhat slow as well. Some will ask more technical skill based questions and others will be based more on the soft skills. Come prepared for both and know your content.

Interview Question – There were no specific questions just more information about yourself and your previous experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiate they have the flexibility.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through an internal referral for an internship within same team. Only one round of telephonic interview with simple questions such as designing in OOPS, reverse a linked list and add a number. Got an offer within two days. After 3 weeks of the offer, got a call saying that the department is under freeze and all open positions are cancelled. Revoked the offer when just 2 weeks was present before starting the internship and spoilt all my plans.

Interview Question – Nothing too hard. Simple standard questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Late intimidation of some department being under freeze.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

Interview Details – applied through monster, and being interviewed twice

Interview Question – nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Financial Analyst New Graduate Interview

Financial Analyst New Graduate
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview with a Senior Financial Analyst. It was like your typical interview asking behavioral/personality questions. However interviewer couldn't have been more disinterested in doing the interview and it was hard to build rapport with the individual. Sounded like he was reading questions off a script and was new to interviewing.

I received an email a week or so later that I was not selected to move on as I originally expected due to my negative experience.

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the group members. General question on the research projects. They ask questions on the particular projects they are interested in. Not very hard questions. After about two weeks, get the offer. Then the recruiter will contact you, talking abou the starting time. You need to decide whether or not to accept their offer in one week.

Interview Question – No very difficult question   Answer Question

Global Account Manager Interview

Global Account Manager
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2010.

Interview Details – The process is extensive but drawn out, due to the business environment that HP is operating in.

Interview Question – What would you do if you manager made sexual advances towards you?   Answer Question

Global Account Manager Interview

Global Account Manager
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was placed into the recruiting process by someone I worked with previously. Once in the process, I interviewed with a recruiter, the district manager and the national manager of global accounts. Once complete, I was made an offer within two weeks. The process was straight forward and what you would expect for a sales position.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was how I developed consultative selling relationships. Once the relationships were developed how did I use those relationships to build the brand and sell products and services.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a competitive salary on a 60/40 plan with standard perqs. such as accelerators and a company car.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews : Very comfortable, was interviewed by a team of 4 people, they make you comfortable at first, was asked what my dream job was. Then each person asked me 2-3 questions based on my resume. There was 1 question which I couldn't answer. The manager was very kind and told me they could teach me things that I did not know and it was not expected that I know everything

Interview Question – What do you know about control charts ? And do you know what is a U chart ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not require

Human Resources MAP Intern Interview

Human Resources MAP Intern
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2013.

Interview Details – Round 1. Behavioral questions - "tell me about a time" questions that took about 45 minutes over the phone with a current full time MAP Associate

Round 2. Virtual case interview - they email you the case and give you 75 minutes to prepare and then present the case through a video conference call with 3 current full time MAP Associates. The presentation is followed by a Q&A session based solely on the presentation (vs. behavioral questions).

Interview Question – Make sure you state your reasoning behind your recommendations or they ask you to go into detail about them.   Answer Question

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!