Hewlett-Packard

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Security Analyst Interview

Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process were pretty straight forward. For our position there was a three part interview process; an initial phone interview, a technical interview, and a face to face.

Interview Question – I can not think of any certain questions that hung me up. I felt that the questions were very straightforward and easily answerable with my amount of knowledge and skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pleasant. Slower moving than I would have liked, but overall smooth.

Analyst Interview

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online in February 2014, received an email from the Program Director requesting an initial phone interview in March 2014. I expected to hear back from the Program Director or HR after 2 weeks. I was surprised to receive an email requesting an in person interview 1 week after my initial interview. I felt comfortable during the person panel interview. Accepted job offer 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – How would you build a training program?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Provide a great salary number, a good salary number and a number you won't go below.

IT Business Systems Analyst Interview

Plano, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – 1st interview- in person- be ready to talk on coursework
2nd interview- phone- good to ask questions about the position
3rd interview- phone- talked benefits and offer
4th response to offer

Interview Question – Why HP? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I'm still deciding.

NOC Technician Level II Interview

Plano, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – After the initial interview with the contract company I received a phone call from the Global Network Operations Manager the same day. He took a look at my resume and ask a few questions about the project I was on at the time, asked me if I enjoyed that work and if I enjoyed the travel or if I would prefer to have a desk job. Then he asked me about my personal life and what my hobbies were before offering me the job. I started on a Monday. The 3 weeks later, I felt a tap on my shoulder and turn to meet the GNOM, shook his hand and asked me specifically about my fiance and the wedding process and many more of the specifics that I had told him over the phone. He was very sharp, knew what he was doing, and knew everyone who worked under him by name and what was going on in their lives. I greatly respected that.

Interview Question – He only asked how i studied for the CCNA   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2012.

Interview Details – Had a friend who worked in HR that got me set up with the hiring manager. I had two phone interviews and one in-person meeting where I was offered the job. The questions were fairly straightforward, behavioral-type questions as well as some background questions and career aspirations. No real surprises.

Interview Question – What do you do to make sure things don't catch you off-guard?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Telecom Engineering Graduate Program Interview

Plano, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2012.

Interview Details – Always be professional. Speak clearly, and answer the questions without hesitation. Don't stress in your voice and relax. It will be 4 different interviews with different managers. They will ask random questions from how to build a program to how your day is going. It is to make you feel comfortable on your feet to address customers without hesitation and fear. Talk like you know what you're doing. If you don't know be willing to find out and clarify where your lack of knowledge is preventing you from understanding the question or programming. Don't give in when you don't know something, just say you have excelled at finding the answers.

Interview Question – What is your greatest project accomplishment?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it if you like it. Most of the time they will not go higher than the salary you offered first. You can high ball them but you run the risk of losing the job to a recent college graduate who doesn't care about making 100K on entry level work.

Software Developer Interview

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call the same day I applied for an entry level Software Dev position on their website. They just happen to be doing interviews the next day. I went to a one hour interview with a hiring manager. I wasn't asked many technical questions and the ones he did ask were surprisingly easy. He asked mostly about my previous project experience and typical HR questions.

Interview Question – What is a positive thing your current employer would say about you?   View Answer

Senior Recruiter Interview

Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2011.

Interview Details – It is very common to be brought in as a contractor first. However, the best places to find jobs at HP are in the HP site. Also- 90% of the jobs are not site specific so apply to ny if interest. Most job boards require a city as the location so one is picked out of necessity.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when your lack of listening skills resulted in a setback or failure at work.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2009.

Interview Details – The employee hiring and interview process was thorough and professional. They had an initial phone screening interview with a department manager and later the assistant manager to the hiring manager did a full face-to-face interview. This of course might vary depending on the circumstances and the process of each department.

Interview Question – They asked comprehensive questions that were correctly 'behavior oriented.' They asked me to take them through the processes of how I handled various business situations and asked in depth questions to determine my depth of knowledge of the position. None were difficult to me as I was very seasoned in the role for over 10 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time, I decided to take the initial offer and not negotiate. I was pretty sure that I was in the top of their window with my experience and did not want to push things.

Global Procurement Intern Interview

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email schedule a phone interview was given the offer on the spot

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No relocation. No negotiation at all.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard interview questions and advice in Plano, TX. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.