Hewlett-Packard

2.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2012.

First started with an unsolicited e-mail from the manager at HP. Then a few e-mail exchanges where I was asked some basic questions. Then I had a short phone interview with the manager, who was very nice and open. Then I was called in for a face-to-face interview. That interview was gruelling. The manager was there with two programmers - one, I found out after the interview, had a Phd in computer science and seem to enjoy asking questions that showed how much more he knew than the average programmer. He also seemed a little disappointed whenever I got a tough question right. I just wanted it to end after a couple of minutes, but it went on for an hour. After that, it was a half hour with the manager and some other manager who seemed to have an HR type of role, with the typical (and I think useless) behavioral questions. I got an e-mail two days later saying that at this time I wasn't a match for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Looking at a page of code for a few minutes and then explain what it did.   View Answer
    • Nitty gritty series of questions about declaring variables having subtle answers that most professional-level programming books don't even bother to cover.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2012.

got a call for HR screening and received invitation for in person interview few days later. interview was very casual...mostly fit questions. none technical. strait fwd process tbh

none

IT Developer/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2012.

1 year contract position. Phone interview, 17 minutes. Questions on current nature of job, basically followed job requirements.

Interview Questions

They made a very quick decision within 1 day based on 1 interview less than 20 minutes. When requesting to meet management and team in person, was told that this was 'not allowed'.

Customer Solutions Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2011.

This position (for Customer Solutions Rep I) was listed on Indeed.com under the category of jobs at $40,000.00 and over. I applied online. An out-of-state outsourced HR rep contacted me and asked several questions and explained the hiring process. She asked what salary range I was looking for and I stated something between 35K and 40K. She states that the pay might not be that high but did not give an actual range and she did not indicate any sort of large difference between what I was asking for and what the company was paying. Several days later a hiring manager contacted me and indicated that the position only pays $10.25 an hour and includes all shifts, weekends, and holidays. She also indicated that they would expect me to remain in this position for a year and a half before I would be considered for other positions within the company. I was very disappointed and felt as though the job listing and first individual I spoke with did not accurately describe and disclose pertinent information about this position.

Interview Questions
    • What hours are you available and is your schedule flexible?   Answer Question

Firewall Build Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2011.

10 minute interview. Then hired on.

No negotiation.

Technical Solutions Representative III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2011.

After submitting an application through a webbased HR platform, resumes are reviewed by the manager over that particular position. The manager would then reach out to a recruiter for a preliminary phone interview. After that, many managers may complete their own phone interview or call the person into the office for such. For internal interviewing, this is usually communicated through email and organized by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain a time or instance when you were expected to perform as a group and you were the only one pulling your weight."   Answer Question
    Very quick and simple, expectations were laid out and managers /employees agree.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2011.

I was actually hired by Collabera a contract company in Morristown N.J. for a long-term contract--two years to support Hewlett Packard's client American Express. I had phone interview with the HP hiring manager and my recruiter from Collabera called me a couple of days later offeringi me the job at HP. I accepted the job with the understanding that this was a long-term contract lasting at least two years. This did not happen.

Interview Questions
    It was a take it or leave it negotiation. I was out of work for a long period of time and needed a job. So just hearing that this contract was long-term was music to my ears but that's not the way things turned out.