Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Pre-screening with HR. Followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. If you make the short list, then you are called in for an on-site interview with 4-6 people

Interview Question – Interview was casual and questions were around experience and hypothetical situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR asked me for expected salary, I put forward a number. and thats what the offer was.

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Initial screening by HR rep to check qualifications. Then a second screening interview with hiring manager. Then phone interviews from a team of five; marketing and engineering. Interested in qualifications; asked some specifics about technology to ensure I knew the details. Some behavioral questions. Then finally an onsite interview with the Engineering manager. Quick decision after that and an offer was extended.

Interview Question – Hiring manager asked what I thought he should be looking for in an ideal candidate. Then asked me to compare by background to that ideal.   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2011.

Interview Details – Introductions
Description of Position
My Profile
An accomplished mid-level manager with proven success as an entrepreneurial leader, catalyst and stabilizer in established and emerging growth departments. Author of numerous engineering and cross-functional planning programs and a catalyst for several successful emerging technology teams. Collaborated successfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds and disciplines on complex issues. Twice awarded for team building, creativity, and quality utilizing Six Sigma principles and key operational metrics. Maximized ROI opportunities and operational efficiencies through Vision, Strategy, Execution and Measurement processes.
Questions about my skills
• Visionary Leadership & Development • Business Development & Innovation • Program Management
• Product Management • Motivating / Leading High Performance • Strategic Planning & Execution
Culture of HP
Hiring Manager impression of my resume including accomplishments.

Interview Questions

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2007.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR
Phone interview with Hiring Manager
In person interview with 8 people

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Yes - be more agressive

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2008.

Interview Details – The whole experience was great. The first initial response was very timely and they didnt keep you hanging. My interview started with a phone interview and then if i was going to make it to the second set I would need to come to Houston for a 2.5 hour interview with 5 employees. I was told about 4 possible positions and each person went into detail about each one of them. I then had to put in order of what my preferences were. A few days later I received another set of call backs from 2 of the managers that I had picked as my top 2 choices. They then went into further detail about the job. Once I made my final decision (product marketing management) I received my job offer in 3 days. During the whole process I made sure to send thank you letters to each and every person that I came into contact with. Also, when I had the 5 back-to-back interviews it wasn't about them grilling me about my experiences, but it was mostly them trying teach me about each individual jobs and what I would be doing. So it was a very good experience because the spotlight wasn't on me the whole time. Additionally, compared to other companies that I have applied to before, Hewlett Packard stood out as a company that isn't there to waste anyone's time and they also respond in a timely manner. I am been working at HP for almost a year now and I love this work environment and the people that I am surrounded by everyday. Even though it is a worldwide company with over 10,000 plus families - they structure your organizations to feel like tiny families.

Interview Question – In this job, you are expected to be very good at multi-tasking, give me an example in your past experiences where you had to deal with an intense and busy situation that forced you to multi-task as efficiently as possible   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was much negotiation when it came to my offer due to the fact that I was fresh out of college and was applying for an entry-level position. I was asked what I would like to receive but I came back with the question "How much does a employee typically make in this position?" The whole time prior to waiting to hear a "number" I had different expectations. In the end what they offered me was more than I had expected - so therefore I didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2010.

Interview Details – Everything was completed over the phone after a recommendation was provided for me by the hiring manager. After completing a first round interview (culture-fit) with HR, I did the interview with the hiring manager and his Snr Product Manager over the course of an hour. Questions were mainly history and culture based, but also competency.

Interview Question – Honestly, nothing too difficult was asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not negotiate as they paid what I requested.

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – 2 phone interview, 1 f to f interview with manager

Product Manager

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2012.

Interview Details – Started with an employee referral and I had a phone interview with someone else in the group. From there I waited about 6 weeks and got called in for 6 consecutive one on one interviews with members of the group. It wasn't bad at all and gave me a really good idea of who I would be working with.

Interview Question – How would you approach an International Product launch?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. The salary came in slightly higher than I expected.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!